Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

A single incindiary, done before or after the police used water cannons and flashbangs on them? If before, arrest that guy, and the other protesters should give them up. Everything else you've posted is here say. The US is a country where cops literally shoot people in the back on the reg. They get no benefit of the doubt or trust dealing with minorities. Please come up with more than a single Molotov to justify use of flashbangs and similar gear.

"Hey it was only the one guy who tried to burn you to death, maybe show some restraint guys?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

As police? loving YES. HOW IS THAT AN UNREASONABLE POSITION?

Cops, like most people, subscribe to the "I'm going to extra careful around people who have tried to murder me in the recent past" school of thought.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Treaties signed before 1900 don't count. Ask Europe.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

OTOH, I think it is possible for a decision that has negative consequences for natives or other minorities to be made for reasons other than sneering racism.

It's not even that good of a perk, the flavor text aside.

Also, we should use up all the oil then switch to alternatives. It would be wasteful to leave good dinosaur in the ground.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 27, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Whoever's buying avatars for everyone with a dissenting opinion: http://standingrock.org/news/standing-rock-sioux-tribe--dakota-access-pipeline-donation-fund/

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Oil is bad but also good. Coal is just bad.

People who are still using old timey steam locomotives are just going to have to deal.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I've never heard the term leftwashing. What's that?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

wateroverfire posted:

If people held the view that any level of risk is unreasonable then evidence that accidents happen would be damning. It wouldn't have to be the case that the pipeline represents a disproportionate risk.

Life is a risk. Also, a battlefield.

Wait that's love.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Poland Spring posted:

I'm honestly amazed people are giving them the time of day, most of this thread seems to be arguing in circles with a few specific people.

Welcome to D&D.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

Here is my hot take dont care if you hate it: its okay to threaten capitalists and fascists with violence. If that makes me a bad rebel dude with a bad rebel 'tude, well, so be it

Feel free to kick off the revolution by no longer paying your internet bill.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

And yet you've been using the concept to assert that the Sioux do not have any just cause to resume a war that, at the end of the day, the US started.

I mean, they can start an actual loving war if they really want to, but I can't imagine it would go well for them. America has a pretty good army.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Keystone fine, dapple bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Why does redtext always tell you to put the person on ignore instead of just pointing out why a person thought spending 10 dollars on an internet thing was necessary and letting people come to their own conclusions as to whether or not putting them on ignore is necessary.

• Locked thread