Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The victims of the crimes are still alive today. Native Americans and Black Americans aren't impoverished because they chose to be.

The tribe isn't expressing interest in any sort of control except over the lands they already own and the land 10 miles north where the pipeline will be, so obviously they shouldn't have Bismarck/Denver because they don't want it.

If we perpetuate a crime or injustice for long enough, it's okay. We are marching towards a bright and glorious future, and we should look forwards and not backwards. Obama said as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

god bless america

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

MIGF PMed me a couple times with some dumb troll attempt. Some people have nothing better to do.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Using tear gas in a war is literally a war crime under the geneva convention. The geneva convention just doesn't ban what you can do to your own citizens.

America doesn't care about the Geneva convention regardless :ssh:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

We are the Palestinians and the Natives are the Israelis. :psyboom:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

There were some low points in this thread, but I think that was the nadir.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

This is not a NIMBY protest. It's a not in any backyard protest.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

silence_kit posted:

What does this mean?

The protesters don't want the pipeline anywhere not just not in their backyard.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

twodot posted:

I suppose you have some accreditation naming you speaker of all protesters?

Protesters on numerous occasion have made it clear that they don't want the pipeline to be built period.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Trudeau just approved two pipelines in Canada and the native population is also against those pipelines. No more pipelines.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

All pipelines of any significance have to cross water at some point.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Murrica #1

the Natives as Israelis comparison is still the nadir of stupidity for this thread.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Who was it that kept bringing up copper mines on tribal lands and how it's an example of how well they can work hand in glove and keep everything hunky-dory, too?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.8ab38d715852

If WaPo is too lieberal to stomach then try https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/suspected-avian-cholera-outbreak-claims-2000-migrating-snow-geese

Wow, they even turned the acid pit into a tourist attraction. Capitalism at work.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Please don't feed the troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Silento Boborachi posted:

I like the whole "let my mother-in-law run over protestors" law. Like, I understand how someone could conjur this boogeyman of protestors jumping out in front of traffic just to get hurt, but really, your response to it is, hey let's make it legal to run people over? Also, one of the legislatures wanted to invite protestors to the discussions on the state budget.

We have dumb legislators is what I'm saying

Legislators and those backing legislators aren't dumb. The success of their reactionary agenda is pretty self evident, and they didn't just luck into this success.

• Locked thread