Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Zachack posted:

Bundy and Co took over an actual federal facility and threatened direct violence against law enforcement. They were also nutso but that tends to draw memories to Waco. They represented a clear, easy, and somewhat exciting narrative; look how enthralled d&d was.

It is weird how literally saying you're going to shoot up FBI agents and marshals is basically OK as long as you're a white male. This country is pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

NPR's reporting on most things that could be considered controversial is really bad (not that there are many better TV/radio alternatives). I imagine this might be partly due to the extent to which they rely on large donors from across the political spectrum (so it's better to play it safe and avoid upsetting anyone). The only political demographic they don't seem to mind upsetting is social conservatives, but when it comes to mainstream right-wing economic policy you can't expect much from them.

I think it's like playing for teams. As long as you do certain things in a certain way then things are fine. Like NBC vs FOX ideals instead of labor protests and land rights violations.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

botany posted:

It is loving hilarious to me that there are actual, real life people in this thread who, in a conflict between protestors and US cops, assume that it's the cops who are telling the truth.

Anything that disrupts my world view disrupts everything I believe in. It's all I have left.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Maybe they should drop off some small pox blankets with those vaccines.

I'm still surprised by people defending a bunch of fat white people who still hunger for oil despite the ever increasing demand for a clean environment. But I guess I really shouldn't. We'll all be dead of old age and heartattacks and selfishness is what will make America Great Again(tm).

It's also cute a poster with a name like wateroverfire doesn't quite grasp the meaning of his username whatsoever.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

blowfish posted:

Or, and I'm not sure this possibility has occured to you, one can have the view that the protestors are simply wrong.

You mean Native Americans right?

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Rodatose posted:

e: just to make clear I'm not recommending anything based on bird deaths, just pointing out that anyone who brings it up is probably wrongheaded or just repeating poo poo they heard

Also some people who bring it up don't even care about birds and just want a talking point to deal with leftists.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

coyo7e posted:

Also pigeons are rats with feathers (but they're fun to raise and taste good if they don't live off trash)

Rats make great pets but their lifespan is pretty lame as they usually die after 3 years.

Poland Spring posted:

I care about birds but I heard about it elsewhere so I'm Bad Leftist

No, it just means you care about birbs.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

coyo7e posted:

You mean the wellbeing of the planet. everything on earth is in a kill or be killed cycle and I'll accept the accidental deaths of birds if it can help slow climate change and reduce energy costs for all

Mitakuye oyasin

No kidding. I love birds too but if we need to gut the WIND FARM BIRD APOCALYPSE, then maybe we should probably kill off night light because it kills far, far more. Or just increase more coalmines.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Who knew that there are people that actually agree with Judge Dredd and his system of PERFECT LAW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo

I'm assuming it's due to some strange world view and a mental instability that would occur if it were cracked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

blowfish posted:

Naturally, the copper mining company will roll in with killdozers Avatar-style, shoot the natives in the back and drop smallpox blankets out of Apache helicopters. While cackling about uncivilised savages and maximum profit like cartoon villains, that is.

It'd be nice if stuff like this didn't actually happen before.

• Locked thread