Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Jack Gladney posted:

Is this facebook checkin thing something that will actually help? I don't want to bandwagon on something that will cause damage or gently caress up the public discussion.

At the very least it shows solidarity and spreads awareness, since there are no media outlets covering this.

twodot posted:

The legal situation appears to be highly complex with many specific details.

Seems pretty cut and dry to most reasonable people: this is wrong.

I don't give a poo poo if they avoided a survey, the onus isn't on them to prove that their land shouldn't be wrecked by large oil corporations. Native Americans already have almost no land, and you don't have to go too far back into our history to remember why.

Regardless, we shouldn't be building loving oil pipelines in 2016.

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Gobbeldygook posted:

Would you be okay with it if it ran through Bismarck over the same river and was still capable of contaminating the water supply downstream if it leaked?

It shouldn't be put anywhere. We shouldn't be building oil pipelines in 2016, period. This is a moral issues as far as I'm concerned, I'm against any oil pipelines. I don't care if people in Illinois or wherever want gas that is 5% cheaper.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Gobbeldygook posted:

THIS FAR AND NO FARTHER!

I guess you are morally right, because things are hosed up and our climate is being destroyed its OK to gently caress it up even more and destroy it even more for a slight increase to profits. Thanks for showing me the light!

Hell lets just bring back the industrial revolution, at the peak they were burning how much coal, everywhere? That makes it OK right, since everyone was doing it

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 2, 2016

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Souai posted:

Drone footage looks pretty damning, straight up super-soakering the crowd with the hose. Reminds me of civil rights era footage from school :(

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/800575599974682624

Nothing more American than celebrating Native American Genocide Week by killing a few Native Americans and their sympathizers

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

wateroverfire posted:

drat, that's terrible. I hope she recovers.

Last time I checked you don't regrow arms. I could be wrong, admittedly, it's been a while since I looked into armregrowth technology

Elendil004 posted:

I think it would be less of a pr nightmare if the police just took everybody in rather than prolonging everything like they are now. The State gains nothing by delaying and would be better off taking everyone in one police action, then allowing the pipeline to finish.

There are thousands of people there

• Locked thread