Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
do we get to play as athena or is she just support now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm at the beginning of Case 4 and holy poo poo I love having Blackquill on the defence bench and using all the techniques the prosecution tends to against you for Athena's benefit. He was always one of my more liked prosecutors but this alone has put him up a place or two. Athena being unnerved more easily than Phoenix or Apollo makes sense considering how few cases she has under her belt, so I hope she gets some DLC or AA7 gives her more than one case so that we can see what she looks like as a more developed lawyer, but I'm getting the feeling she's stuck playing third fiddle forever.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am at the very start of case 5. I hope that this game, or the DLC case, ends with Phoenix and Maya getting married.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm currently on case 5 investigation day 2.

Boy, this game sure is throwing lots of stuff the fans wanted to see at you. The return of Maya! A prosecutor as your cocounsel! Apollo vs. Phoenix! Phoenix & Edgeworth team up! Confirmation that Gumshoe still exists as a detective somewhere!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Two small things from the investigation portion of the second part of case 5 that I enjoyed:

Athena's incredulous reaction to Apollo calling it "grape juice", and that Apollo bought Phoenix telling him it was that back in AA4.
When analysing the spilt bucket, Athena claims it wasn't her, and Apollo figures that she preemptively denies fault as she's the sort to get blamed for things she didn't do. When you analyse it later as Phoenix, he instantly suspects Athena.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 21, 2016

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Beat the game, ending spoilers.

Boy, that sure felt like a good ending to Apollo's main character arc. It kind of feels like he's at the same point Phoenix was at at the end of AA3. While I doubt we've seen the last of him, I don't think he's going to be as in focus as he was, which begs the question, where next? I guess it Athena's turn? Will we see a new lawyer join the agency to be the new Athena as she becomes the new Apollo? Also, with Ema shipped off to Ku'rain too, that paves the way for the big return of one Dick Gumshoe!

Also I guess Phoenix never told Trucy and Apollo they were siblings because their mother didn't want it? Can we assume they've been told now? I wanted to see that on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gumshoe will return in AA7 with the debut of his and Maggey's kids.