Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Davincie posted:

they are, but you gotta play a bit first to have the dlc menu popup

Specifically, you need to go to the title menu after you've made a save (it doesn't matter how far you got).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

fronz posted:

what is consultation in the options? is that like, if i keep it on the game will give me hints?

The e-manual said it's a button that appears if you fail repeatedly at a single point in a trial. Pressing it will give you a hint.

e:f,b

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fangz posted:

Gimme Sebastian Debeste

I can't believe this name was a fan translation

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes that is effort especially if I want to play it on my 3DS instead of dig out my OG fat DS, as far as I'm aware DS flash carts don't just work on that.

My SuperCard DSTWO works fine on all 3DS's including the *New* ones. I believe the difference is whether the flashcard in question wants to autoboot on the DS (this doesn't work on the 3DS) or appears as a menu icon instead (this works).

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I will say, the collection being released on every platform is interesting for the future of the series. What if AA7 isn't just a Switch release?

That would be quite nice. Of course, AA6 was ported to iOS/Android right away, so it wouldn't be surprising to get at least that for the next one as well.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

HenryEx posted:

I knew i fumbled that ladder joke.

I enjoyed it

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I had zero issues with the fan translation myself. It felt very much like an official Capcom translation.

And the game itself is super worth playing.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Pirate Captain posted:

I grabbed this from the Japanese eshop, and I really don't like the new art. I wish there was a version to change back to the old, even if it would have to be pixelated and letterboxed or something. For those who have played this version before, does the art style ever grow on you?

It grew on me somewhat, yes (when I played the 3DS remaster which uses the same art). Many of the later side characters have much better sprites than some of the main characters, sadly, although the backgrounds are actually pretty gorgeous. It's definitely offputting at first, no question.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Regardless, I'm sure they'd just go with a one-size-fits-all solution where at least the English version is the same everywhere. And calling them Herlock Sholmes, Grobias Tegson etc. will work just fine IMO, assuming that's enough to avoid legal trouble.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Sherlock Holmes might be a fictional literary character in that universe just like he is in ours. Maybe it's parodying Herlock Sholmes, the guy that actually existed!
e: That Lisa Mc.Rad tweet put it even better.

Anyways excellent news all around. These games deserve an international release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ulio posted:

I was actually thinking of using a fan patch or something down the line but this is fantastic news. I wonder if the soundtrack is as fire as the regular series?

It has a pretty different style but I liked it.