Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I finally dusted off the 3ds I bought for Megaman Legends 3 and marathoned 5, 6 and Layton. Thoughts:

5: Very good! Didn't expect to like the new protagonist but I really warmed up to her quickly.
6: There's a good game in here with interesting new ideas, too bad the new prosecutor ruins it.
Layton: far and above my favourite. I hope they do another one some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Fun fact: "Quercus alba" is the scientific name for the white oak, a long-lived hardwood tree known for being especially hard to chop down

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dual destinies did that one already

How many mysterious backstories and dead dads is this boy allowed to have?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dual destinies did that one too, in the dlc

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Regy Rusty posted:

Gumshoe evaporated into the aether after Phoenix got disbarred. He hasn't been so much as mentioned since.

Not quite. Edgeworth mentions in SoJ that the mysterious person who leaked his travel plans has a salary review coming up soon

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Regy Rusty posted:

What?? When?? I don't remember this at all I would've thought I'd have caught that.

Early in the last case, right after they all arrive in khura'in. It's just a single throwaway line, I only remember because I played it a couple of weeks ago.

This thread also got me to pick up the ace attorney trilogy on switch, and I sped through the first four cases yesterday afternoon.

That's still the best game in the series, for sure. Everybody has such a satisfying character arc, especially Edgeworth. It really underlined just how annoying Sahdmadhi is. He never grows, never changes, he's just the same exact smug rear end in a top hat right up until he suddenly isn't

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

God dammit I spoiled the trilogy in the switch thread, spoiled SoJ in this thread, can a mod just probe me already so I shut the gently caress up for once

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Right, that was it. I guess the only way to see it is to present every piece of evidence to every NPC regardless of relevance

So I assume every single person playing saw it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Then how come Trucy and Apollo get to have five dads between them, huh? Even if they're currently sharing one, that's still a lot of dads!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Merilan posted:

And intro to case 5 ohhhhh my god we're starting on a roll already Dhurke really is nega-Phoenix isn't he, right down to just bluffing his way through

Dhurke is my favourite character in the series and he made me like Apollo more by association

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Raxivace posted:

Is the DGS2 fan-translation in the works yet? I’m going to order to DGS1 atm and am trying to decide if I shouldn’t just nab DGS2 as well.

Yep, they've already put out a demo for case one on 3ds

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't know why we're all pretending we know the cases by number itt. We should just say "the one with the noodle cart" or "the one with that loving clown"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, this thread convinced me to get the remastered trilogy for switch, and I started out holding fast forward on all the dialogue, but by the end of the second case I was reading everything again. It's just good!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The redrawn sprites look so bad because they ignored line weights. It looks like somebody enlarged the sprite sheet in Photoshop, smoothed out the colored pixels, and traced over the lines with the pencil tool. No extra details, nothing outside of where the lines were in the original

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I only have the HD version. I can't believe it used to look worse.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He knows what he did

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, that's not true. Every game before SoJ has had at least a few instances where you could present multiple pieces of evidence that fit the circumstances

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He didn't do it on an off chance, he knew 100% that Phoenix would do it because he's the one who planted the idea in his head

The man had gears working within gears at all times. If it weren't for five different increasingly unlikely random events building on each other he'd still be a free man.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm playing through the HD trilogy right now and there are some real :ironicat: lines in Justice For All:

It's weird that Max Galactica never came up in Apollo Justice, considering.

Dual Destinies final case spoilers:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

On the plus side, every case you play for the entire rest of the series will be better than this

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

4 is better than 2, full stop

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

2-4 is up there for me. Doesn't completely redeem the rest of the game, but it's a satisfying conclusion to the Franziska story and the gimmick of defending a client you know is guilty really makes it interesting

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nobody is as good as Edgeworth. Blackquill comes close, but I'm a huge fuckin weeb

Manfred Von Karma was great, but who knows how quickly he would have worn out his welcome

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Through a red filter, a green shirt would look solid black

Which he picked because he's in mourning

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I do like that you run into Klavier just, like, out in the world, and talk about things unrelated to the case. Franziska never says anything other than "I will destroy you Mr. Phoenix Wright" and I didn't even know Edgeworth had a talk sprite until case 4.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Playing through case 3-3 in the HD remake right now, and the translators must have had a hell of a time trying to write around English not having gendered first-person pronouns.

When I first played this game as a kid I thought Armstrong's dialogue was just badly written. Now that I can see what they were up against, I definitely couldn't have done any better.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Every instance of "café" is changed to "bar" and Godot get drunker with every case

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

OBJECTION! ...You fuckin... gently caress you, Wright. Trite. gently caress you, Tripe. Fuckin... Kitten! She's DEAD!

Wait, you think I killed your cat? Is that what this is about?

gently caress YOU!!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

New ace attorney investigations with Franziska when

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's not a lot of games that give you a concrete single thing to point at and say "There, that's the low point of the series" but that exact line of questioning is it. Nine and a half games of content to go after that one, and it's all better than that one single cross-examination

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you have an android phone that's less than four years old you should be able to play it just fine.

Mine is five years old so I had to play it with the volume down to avoid the audio stutter and that's no way to play an ace attorney game

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Thank you, capcom. Also, where the gently caress is the Apollo trilogy??

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They didn't even try to explain the village full of yokai

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Phoenix is Luke Skywalker, in that his appearance and demeanour in the sequel trilogy was controversial but ultimately had a satisfying payoff that the next instalment spent a lot of time trying to ruin

Also his mentor is a ghost that talks to him sometimes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can't stand him. I wish I'd never played aa6 because of how bad a taste he left in my mouth

My tier list of prosecutors:

S:
Edgeworth
von Karma
Blackquill
Godot
Franziska
Klavier
Byrne Faraday
Winston Payne
Gaspen Payne
Professor Layton that one time