Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm gonna wait for 3DS because it would just feel weird to switch to phone

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

I'd like them to keep the gimmick stuff like psyche locks, perception, and psychoanalysis to the investigation portions, personally. Yeah the trials are nutty and a lot of bullshit flies anyway, but the gimmicks were a bit too much of a stretch.

Hard disagree, I think having one gimmick per game for the trials really helps change things up. Psyche-locks never showed up during trials anyways, did they?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Will Powers is the cutest guy in the series, so weird that in-game he's considered career-ruiningly fug :(

May just be the whole Asian vs. Western standards of attractiveness. He definitely falls on the Western side of things (huge, hairy), so I can see why the game would frame him as unattractive.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bongo Bill posted:

The expected chocolate and peanut butter effect in the crossover did not manifest. I feel you can succeed in putting Layton in an Ace Attorney game, but they did it backwards and put Phoenix in a Professor Layton game.

You know what, this really hits the nail on the head. It was a Layton game with some (really quite fun) courtroom action, right up to and including the climax/explanation for what was really going on - and Layton games are (imo) inferior to AA games.

That being said, I really wish they would introduce the multi-witness mechanic into AA games. It was awesome.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Motherfucker c'mon give us some games.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LostRook posted:

Well we did get a aniime season 2 announcement, concert announcement and some art, so totally worth the hype.

:frogout:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoyed the game well enough and the courtroom mechanics are interesting enough that I wish they'd reuse them for a mainstream AA game - but the story is definitely more skewed towards Layton stuff.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ulio posted:

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but sometimes it feels like you solve a certain part of the case but the game won't accept the answer until you get to a certain point in the trial. Like in one of the cases I already knew it was impossible for the witness to witness the crime with her current testimony and I kept presenting the right evidence but that only became relevant in a following testimony.

Yep you're not alone there, it happens from time to time and is one of the few frustrating things that can happen when playing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The White Dragon posted:

just look at the witness system in wright vs layton and you'll see what a mistake trying to shoehorn in the jurist system would've been

it's like a normal testimony except you have five slightly different takes for the same statement and only one has the correct Present/Press solution

actually, the witness system in wright vs. layton was great

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

orenronen posted:

:siren: Educational Post :siren:

This was really interesting, thank you!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Turnabout Serenade is actively worse than Turnabout Big Top because you can actually avoid issues with Turnabout Big Top if you just pay attention and avoid the big shiny PRESS button after the first time you get dinged, whereas you HAVE to listen to the drat song over and over again in Turnabout Serenade.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Agreed. Von Karma was devastating for one case, but its incredible to look back on JFA and realize just how insidious Dahlia's influence was through the entire thing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Arguably the game's humor is improved when set in the US for how ludicrous it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/1384884633893052419?s=19

At long last...