Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'm ready to play my lawyer game involving ghosts and spirit channelers and stepladders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

SoJ probably has the most intense first case out of all the games.

If you lose, you fuckin die.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It is indeed good but drat they could have shut up about "the dark age of law".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQZFwBRAvyk

still the best imo

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nice bust Maya

Cool beans

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

random thought *spoilers for this game and AAI2*

Ga'ran got the lighter from Blaise Debeste

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

He died from sodium overdose and a heart attack due to a diet consisting of only instant noodles.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

did someone diss SoJ case 3

i will kick their rear end

Momomo posted:

Edgeworth straight up shouldn't have been in the game.

false because we got to see him get mauled by a dog again

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Sweet.

Now only to wait 5 more years for when the whole thing is done.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

After getting a pay raise in AAI2, Gumshoe spent all his newfound earnings on lottery tickets and subsequently died of starvation.

RIP Gumshoe.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ROFL Octopus posted:

AAI2 has some of the most creative murders and twists in the series, plus the format lends itself to locales that you don't typically see in Ace Attorney. Enjoy the ride.

Hell I may boot it up again, it's just insanely good.

I played it back in 2014 when the full patch came out and I've watched let's plays of it at least 3 times over.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I did localization editing for a couple scenes. I took the raw translations and edited them for tone and flow, so basically in the scenes I did, you're reading MY words. I only worked on a couple scenes before I had to go back to school and that took up my time, but a contribution is a contribution. I did one of Kate's testimonies in the 3rd case and one investigation scene in the 4th. I remember more of the testimony than the investigation, though, alas.

Just curious, which testimony was it?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Investigations 1 gives us some great characters but the overall story isn't the best and the cases (barring 4) aren't very engaging. It's still a decent game and I would definitely play it before playing 2 just so you get introduced to all the characters. Or watch a Let's Play, at the very least.

There's a pretty heartfelt moment in the 4th case of Investigations 2 that will be lost on you if you haven't played the first one.

Also on a related note, it makes me pretty sad that there's a ton of people out there who missed out on Lang's backstory due to 2 never getting localized.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 15, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Rode a Ten Year Old

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

AAI2 is never going to be officially localized. It sucks, but your only option is emulation.

Please play it. It is amazing.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

idk but it took me longer than it should have to realize you weren't talking about Turnabout Countdown

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Capcom just stealth released Spirit of Justice on Android/IOS today.

Nice, I have to wonder how it performs on mobile though, since the 3DS was lagging on the more cinematic scenes.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like the idea that the Agency is growing and time's always progressing so i'd be cool with a new assistant for Athena.

Armie pls

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Glad they had fun doing it.

I bet they would have had even more fun if they got to work on a good anime.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The other big flaw aside from the obvious (keeping an old man from leaving the building for 2 hours) is that they waited until the third case to introduce their new cover characters: Kay and Lang. Like, that's almost inconceivable, especially with how Zheng Fa plays a part in the 2nd case. That would have been the perfect place to introduce Lang.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

AAI had Detective Badd and he alone is worth the price of admission.

AAI2 took the perfect opportunity to put Badd in the dessert case.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

AAI is good, but the final boss is way too long and drawn out and also should not have been the final boss.

Yeah the final boss really should have been Shih-na.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Lang is pretty awesome.

AAI's strong point is definitely the new characters it introduced.

Kay and Badd are super swell as well.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I will never not be astounded that Capcom hasn't just given the fan translators the money and localized the most demanded game of the series. The hard work was already done for them. Just give us the drat thing already.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It's happened before.

https://legendsoflocalization.com/these-fan-translations-became-official-translations/

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I love Little Thief but I sometimes wonder if it's an Ultimate Bullshit Power device, or if people in Japanifornia are just weirdly specific about certain details they record, such as the amusement park blueprints noting the precise thickness of glass in the funhouse mirror or police records mentioning a snowman for whatever reason.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I think my favourite Edgeworth moment is in one of the Investigations games, I think 2, when he Bluffs for the first time due to not actually being able to back up his logic for once. He's all like "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!? I've never been this scared in my entire life, how does Wright do it?! :gonk:"

"...This is bad for my heart."

And yes you are right, it is the second game near the end of Patricia Roland's testimony.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 4, 2018

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Unfortunately AA1 Larry has been lost to the winds of time and we have an obnoxious idiot who nobody actually likes in his place.

why did you mention larry twice

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ROFL Octopus posted:

I’m really pissed that AAI2 had to be fan-translated, despite how ridiculously awesome said fan-translation is because Franziska and Edgeworth grow quite a lot in it.

It was really nice to see Franny finally realize what a massive dicklord her father was.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Spark Brushel is one of the few actually good witnesses in the series.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't know why I put off playing AAI2 for so long but now that I'm playing, it's great!

where you at

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Lechtansi posted:

I’m playing investigations and I find it hilarious that this somehow also exists inside of the ace attorney universe. In all of the Ace attorney games it’s obvious that they just scoop up whoever happens to be on the scene and charge that person with murder and only put together like the most basic of investigation. I know that you wouldn’t have a game if all it was was blaming the first person on the scene, I just find it funny dissonance.

This is pretty much how the Japanese legal system works though.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

You didn't play the first AAI? Not that I blame you, since it's....not the best in the series, but I hope you at least watched a let's play or something.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

6-5 wouldn't have been nearly as good if all the characters weren't as awesome as they were.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Justine Courtney did it (de) best, and before Nahyuta did.

I wouldn't say Blackquill was putting up a facade per se, more like he just wanted Athena to give up and forget about him.

Edit: vvvv oops, yep, definitely agree in that case

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 5, 2018

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Lechtansi posted:

I'm playing through AAI-2 and i'm not enjoying it. When does it kick in? I'm halfway through the 3rd case and I can barely get myself to keep going.

Try taking your blindfold off.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

If you don't enjoy playing as Gregory Edgeworth teaming up with Detective Badd then...man...I dunno.

Though to be fair, AAI2 is not a game you would fully appreciate on a first playthrough. The overall plot is quite complex and there's a ton of subtle poo poo you would not catch the first time.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 23, 2018

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Global Studio's doing pretty good despite the murder scandal last year. I heard they're even gonna work on a Moozilla reboot.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

quote:

What about that nurse who got killed on the highway; was her body just conveniently close to Kurain Village?

You do remember that wasn't actually the nurse being channeled, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Raising stakes is fine and good so long as we get cases like Storyteller to balance things out.

Storyteller is a great case and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

What we really need is Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney already. Come on Capcom.