Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

you can't spell "ignorance" without

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Poor Iris.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I still like playing as Phoenix because they write him as being highly experienced and formidable, which means that in trials either he keeps his cool instead of panicking with every setback, or else they bring the most outrageous bullshit possible out against him. I wouldn't want either of those for every case, but variety is important. Apollo, meanwhile, seems to specialize in emotionally difficult cases.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The worst thing about AAI is that Oldbag is in it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The expected chocolate and peanut butter effect in the crossover did not manifest. I feel you can succeed in putting Layton in an Ace Attorney game, but they did it backwards and put Phoenix in a Professor Layton game.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The "high-tech therapy session" framing of the mood matrix is a bit at odds with the conceit that it's part of cross-examination. What it works out to is a more mechanically developed version of pressing a statement resulting in amended testimony.

An elegant solution would be for every cross-examination to have something similar to the mood matrix, in which statements may have several different ways of being pressed.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I feel like Apollo got higher billing and a bigger role in Dual Destinies and especially in Spirit of Justice than he did in the game that has his title in it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The appearance is what they change the least about the returning characters, but I think it would be good for her to be the returning character for once. Unlike Edgeworth, I don't think they'd feel the need to have her keep showing up just for the sake of meeting expectations of character presence regardless of whether she has any reason to be involved.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Franziska should return with a protege.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If she comes back, she should be a supporting character to the new prosecutor, who is her protege. I just decided this.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Athena is ready to have her Ace Attorney 1, and come into her own under desperate circumstances. What I'm trying to say is, it's time to murder Phoenix Wright.

The only problem with this is that I can't imagine how the hair will work when Maya is channeling him.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Franziska should have a protege who has the old perfectionism brain worm and she wants them to taste utter, undeniable defeat in order to cure it, and that character is the prosecutor.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it would be polite to resume tagging spoilers because of the presence of known first-time players.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He finally starved.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Returning supporting cast members should have new developments so that they can play a different role when they appear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it's fine to go on tagging the spoilers.