Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

It is kinda weird that von Karma could just take custody of the son of the defense attorney who was just responsible for him getting a penalty.

Next of kin? What's that?

Turns out he was also undefeated at civil cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Merilan posted:

Should I stick it out with DGS? Case 1 didn't really land with me and I glimpsed into case 2's intro and I'm maybe interested but I'm ambivalent still?

Case 1 is notably Long. Probably because of a thing you will notice in Case 2.

Case 3 for me though is where the game takes off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think the jurors in the Great Ace Attorney worked pretty well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Klavier tends to side with Apollo one he realizes they have the real purp there. Remember that Klavier does not investigate and so just assumes the police brought him the right suspect.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He’s not my favourite but I do like Nahyuta

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Godot explicitly acknowledges that what he was doing and his attitude to Mia were wrong at the end of the game. It's OK for a character to do bad things. The issue with Klavier is that he does bad things due to gameplay contrivance even though that doesn't seem to fit his character as presented.

Well Klavier is smug and a diva, but he cares much less about winning then previous prosecutors. Though he is probably my least favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah he was all right but his "Accept it and move on" schtick got old quickly, as did the game's "lawyers are evil" bit.

Maybe if he was a little less aggro on defense attorneys when he was outside of Khura'in (and thus presumably under less scrutiny) because he didn't really believe the government's line and was just doing it to appease Garan and keep Rayfa safe it would have been better for him as a character and would have been foreshadowing for that particular plot point.

I mean, Franziska constantly assaulted anyone who didn't instantly agree with everything she said. Blackquill, a literal convicted felon on death row, was somehow allowed both a sword and a falcon in the courtroom. Even Godot slung full cups of hot coffee when things weren't going his way.

Prosecutors in Japanifornia are just allowed to get away with anything that isn't literally murder.
Blackquill did not have a sword, that was just his hand.