Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

legoman727 posted:

Where the hell is Gumshoe, pal?

The chief of police rarely gets involved in regular officer affairs. we all saw what happened last time the chief was involved heavily in a case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tehm'pul Temple, the localization team has done it again!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Waffleman_ posted:

According to my sources, that's pretty much a direct translation of the Japanese pun, so.

Oh, I didn't mean anything bad by it. it made me laugh

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gaspen Payne is an even bigger shitbag this time around, what with trying to get Phoenix and a nine year old killed. I honestly thought he couldn't go lower than triggering Athena's PTSD in AA5

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Early Case 2: Examining Charley on the day Phoenix put Redd White in jail made me feel a little wistful :smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I spent the whole weekend away and now I'm ready to dig in to the game for real. I'll report back, I wanna read all the black boxes itt

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 2: I did not expect the office to get repoed so soon. And Nick and Apollo both freaking out on the phone was great, and Apollo getting confidence from their conversation was great :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Early Case 3: It's not falling into a river, or getting hit by a car, but back pain that incapacitates Phoenix Wright for more than a day. The struggles of getting older :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Each of Apollo's themes got better as his character did. Coincidence? I think not

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Alhbi and his dog have the most adorable animations in this whole game

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Late Case 3: the goddamn Steel Samurai becomes a turning point in a case once again, this is why I love Ace Attorney

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 4: Athena's new theme :swoon: This case makes perfect sense in terms of the narrative, as jumping to the big climactic moment that I'm sure is coming in Case 5 coming off Case 3's extreme downer ending would have been way too much. gotta let these things breath for a second, the murder at the rakugo theater makes sense. it also touches on theme of succession that the game is clearly focusing on

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5, investigation 1: I can't believe that the scroll of Misty Fey from 3-5 appears randomly in the doctor's office. I really appreciate the continuity, and everyone wondering why it smells like gravy is also great

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5: the Kim Jong Un analogue is rather random :psyduck:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This game is basically Saving Private Justice

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm having a bit of trouble in Case 5, namely: how do I open the drat box?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5: holy gently caress, Apollo's theme kicking in when he challenges Phoenix to trial is amazing. gave me chills in my spine

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5: Hearing Objection 2016 from the other side of the bench is cruel and wrong. I can almost hear Apollo screaming "I'm not owned, I'm not owned!!"

AA6 is easily in the top tier of AA games. I have it right behind AAI2 in terms of quality, it's really that drat good.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Franziska and Athena throwing down in court would be cool and good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5: Apollo pulling a Phoenix Wright on Phoenix Wright is incredible. I can't believe there's a second half to this case! so excited to play the rest out

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kazy posted:

Who the heck raised Pearl while Maya was off in Khura'in? Isn't her mother in prison or something?

well, Maya was only in Khura'n for two years. I'm sure Pearl knows how to hold down the fort

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wish I had the skill to make a GIF of Ema's thinking animation. it's probably the best one in the game. I'd use that as an avatar

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Apollo's theme is objectively the best one

Case 4: I really enjoyed that Athena got Owen's testimony to stand up and be critical information, you know that meant a lot to her character. Really speaks to her own progression as a character as well.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

alcharagia posted:

case 5 trial 2: okay so I know we here on the something awful forums understand the idea of exaggeration. I've literally been laughing for over two minutes straight at Queen Ga'Ran's FINAL FORM. help me

it apparently only gets more ridiculous from there on in

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

irlZaphod posted:

I'm right at the end of Case 2 and just caught up on the thread (SO MANY BLACK BARS). I'm at the Thought Route segment, but got to it just as I was getting to work. So it has been an excruciating day wanting to play it, but being unable to.

The game is so good so far, I can't wait to see what in Case 5 is causing Waffleman_'s (and others') reactions. :allears:

I'm kind of annoyed at myself because I love this series, but still haven't finished DD, or played AJ at all. I also really couldn't get into AAI, I should give it another chance.

I wish/hope they'll localise the games which haven't been released in the West on the eShop or something.

e: Also I kind of want to make myself an av of the Ratings Rajah.

you should really play AAI and AAI-2, Edgeworth gets a shot to shine and he's fantastic. I used to think AAI2 was the best AA game overall, but AA6 is a really strong contender,

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

One thing I've really enjoyed is Dhurke's Objection soundbite. that poo poo just catches your attention

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Terper posted:

AA7 goes full Ghost Trick, takes place over the course of a single night.

AAI kind of already did that though! it all happened over a week though

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5, end: Apollo had the finger point to pierce the heavens. It was like something straight out of the anime :allears:
holy gently caress Thalassa came back??? AND they're finally gonna tell Apollo and Trucy they're siblings??? what a time

This is for sure the best AA game. everything about it was great

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 17, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

alcharagia posted:

so, case 5, trial 2

i think that the secret of how Amara got out of the tomb just clicked for me and

oh no

oh no no no no no, oh no

:getin:

Asinine Attorney is great because Pearl becomes queen of Khura'in after the bluffest of bluffs

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 17, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

alcharagia posted:

HOLY poo poo

APOLLO'S BIODAD IS THE FINAL PIECE OF EVIDENCE

truly, the Spirit of Justice in effect

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The best thing about this game is that AA7 now has a lot of room to work with, so many different angles that they can hit

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

There's a lot of room for different prosecutor-attorney matchups. I'd like to see Athena-Gavin, Phoenix-Gavin in a not crooked trial, anyone against Franziska if they ever decide to bring her back

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Waffleman_ posted:

He can go to Eldoon's like the rest of us!

A true weeb never yields (his soba shop)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if nothing else, this game wins because of Apollo's physics defying pointer finger . it was seriously the best thing about Case 5

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I particularly liked how you never saw Apollo's 3D model until the very end of the game. just another thing that's evidence towards this being Apollo's game, nice little nuance

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

AA4 would be a great game if 4-2 was the first thing that happened and 4-1 followed. and if the video never appeared again.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

any word on when the DLC case is coming out?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

NRVNQSR posted:

September 29th.

Super! I can't wait to see Larry return and how Athena reacts to the living contradiction

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

In Dhurke's defense, he had no idea that Trucy and Apollo were related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

SyntheticPolygon posted:

With Apollo leaving the nest there is clearly place in the Wright family for one more kid, and they should adopt Armie. She can be Athena's new assistant in the next game.

I think Armie and Athena would be a good pairing, as Athena is kind of an airhead in investigations, and Armie drilling her to stay on task while doing some kid things would be cool and cute to see