Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Geiru Toneido has awaken something in me that should have remained asleep forever. :negative: other than that I'm loving this game. Case 3 was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Judge account spotted.

I was about to try and think of something witty when I remembered that with my family tree i'll probably wind up just as bald in a decade or so :smith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just beat case 4 odd how there was no investigation, just a 2-part trial. I had heard of this, something like Athena getting half a case, so I assumed it meant that the rest of Case 4 would be done by Apollo and would technically follow from what Athena did, kinda like 3-2 where Luke Atmey tried to get a guilty verdict on the theft part of the case in order to have an alibi for the murder. Still, guess it's really neat that Athena got her own case and with Simon helping, it was pretty fun though I didn't like the prosecutor during it, you'd think that by then he'd start seeing that he was trying to send the wrong people to hell and would thus be on the bad side of the holy mother or whatever. I'm ready for Case 5 to redeem him and annoy me.

Digging all the mechanics tho, haven't had a problem with insights and I really dig all the gimmicks... but the fingerprint stuff is definitely worse than in previous games. Guess it's time to tackle the final case. Also why must I live in this Geiru Toneido fanart-less world? :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Still in Case 5 but i'm gonna say something i've known in my heart of hearts since forever now: Dhurke is totally Apollo's biological dad, right? Nahyuta is adopted because he doesn't look anything like Dhurke, specially with the loving slightly tinted hair.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Case 5: On one hand everyone going "hmmm this obvious parallel sure reminds me of something, hmmmmmmmm???" is technically bad, but on the other hand, Edgeworth immediately going "lets ignore this parallel" when perfect records comes up is pretty great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Alright, I think I'm near the end for Case 5
"already too late for you, pal" wow i can't believe Inga was Gumshoe all along
"i'll find out what you're up to! *gets shot*" lmao
oh poo poo dhurke is so cool
so many ghost layers here but it looks like everything's solved? guess there must be a big piece missing tho
ok finally the pendants
of course, Nahyuta knows that Rayfa is actually his sister, that's who he's protecting!
oh gently caress don't tell me there's still a whole trial for the assassination attempt

welp, i'm almost sure there's still another chunk left

okay i lost count but i think amara, ga'ran and rayfa have all used the L'Belle hair color spray
i cannot find this tic
love how Amara's character model doesn't match the lower screen
GOTTA INSTAGRAM FILTER THE EVIDENCE
WHAT

gently caress yeha the photograph!
Okay Nahyuta that was loving cool
aw poo poo they gonna be shot dead
Apollo gathering the force of his pantheon of daddies.
So Apollo has gone from lonely orphan to having 3 dads, 2 moms, a half sister and two adoptive siblings
okay i'm in the final thought beam and i think i just cracked something... ga'ran never had spiritual powers??! YOOOOOOO THAT'S IT THAT IS SO COOL
OBTAIN INFINITE POWER, COME ON, I DOUBLE DARE YOU

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 24, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

At the post-trial talks of 6-5
APOLLO gently caress YOU STAY DAMMIT.

gently caress what a massive case, i loved it, took a long while to get to proper trial-ing but it was so rewarding to get so many thigns figured out and still have much of the case to figure out. Only complaint is that Amara is kinda a massive wet blanket + dick?, like, poo poo she let the country go to poo poo and then stayed with her husband long enough to conceive and birth a child but she still sided with her sister for an extra fourteen years.

Goddammit someone tell these children who their mom is already

Awesome game, not sure where I rank it with the others but that final case is definitely one of the better ones and the production values all around were pretty incredible. Loved it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am glad I wasn't the only one expecting that. Kept thinking it was more my fault that I expected Sarge to be a goon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, for all the talk about Maya she's a pretty small part, I kinda dig it as just marketing lies. Like, the game is actually half Apollo stuff, if you count case 4 and case 5 day 1 as the content of one case split into two standalones then Apollo gets two and a half, Phoenix gets two (one of which is the tutorial) and Athena has half, and for all that Maya is only involved in the third case and then is a witness near the end of the final case. So really, all the Maya stuff is a bait to trick people into playing Apollo's big "final" game since he is disliked in some parts of the community. And that's super fine by me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm lenient towards the bracelet stuff because i picture Apollo going like this

But yeah, it's easily the worst "power" of the bunch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Perceive got a lot better for me when I realized you could pause it and look around at your leisure by pressing the Perceive button and not confirming and just looking around for the one moving thing.

I discovered this on the final Perceive in the game (Case 5 Spoiler in the franchise?? ) :eng99:

Just realized the full implications of it, too. You find the part of the statement that's a contradiction, press perceive and now you can look all around for the tic, and that's probably what's intended.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 28, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fedule posted:

I had no idea.

I think this is a tiny bit of a localisation misstep? I'unno, it just seems to fall on the wrong side of things you'd expect not-Japanners to pick up on. I guess it didn't make anything completely incomprehensible, so that's something, especially in a case that hinges on the difference between soba and udon noodles.

I think there's a Capcom Blog due this week (today or tomorrow??) where the localization director interviews one of the game directors specifically about this case alone.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And he almost sent the Steel Samurai to jail

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally sat down to finish the DLC Case. Cute but nowhere near as good as 5's DLC the final train of thought literally being "the murderer used the murder weapon" was THE lamest. Ditto for it just having a clock in it all along. Buuuuuut everything after was super cute and romantic :3: best veredict ever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In Naruhodo 5, Marlon is just your regular japanese guy on the darker side of the skintone for them. In Ace Attorney Dual Destinies he's ambiguous between tanned skin or light-skinned black man, or could be one of many races that the name Marlon Rimes could be traced to. That's my hot take before this discussion spirals down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bah, I went to the lake to pick up some Silver Samurai buns for Christmas and that shithead store-owner actually lost that twenty foot tall silver samurai inflatable. How do you do that?! This country just doesn't respect tokusatsu like it should.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's called the STEEL Samurai, you gaijin scum.

:negative:
i have no excuse

Also, apparently they proved that Edgeworth was in the boat with the victim and the prints were found, but some BS of what hand was used made the trial go for another day. I can't believe Von Karma is letting this case slip by like that, we need someone reliable like him in these trying times.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

GUYS, REMEMBER THAT loving LOCKED ROOM CASE THEY GOT A PHONEY PSYCHIC TO SOLVE FIFTEEN YEARS AGO??? THE PARROT IS IN ON IT SOMEHOW.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Von Karma loving raised Edgeworth. After killing his dad. And didn't go to the hospital for the bulletwound because he's that much of a loving paranoid crazy person.

We can still trust prosecutors, I think. Sure, VK was horrible, but he was just a big prosecutor with influence, we can still trust Lana Skye, and now that all of this has come to light I'm sure Damon Gant will try to smoke out any corruption in the prosecutor office.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

lol that reminds me, I started (and didn't finish at the time due to losing my save) the franchise with DD, then about a year later I played from the start and kept wondering one thing "how does this spirit medium stuff work? it'll probably be vague and open to interpretation at most, right?" since the Yokai stuff in DD was drastically "fake" and then Mia's ghost took over Maya's body and my supernatural adventures began.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey guys, did you hear? Dr. Turner Grey got murdered up in Kurain Village. They're saying that so-called spirit medium Maya Fey killed her. Isn't she the one who got accused of murdering her sister last year?

You can't even take a step fifty miles Near L.A. without getting murdered, geez....

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, without him the court just hasn't been the same. We need hard-rear end invincible prosecutor to put criminals in their place again. Another VonKarma without the corruption.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Fixed. :colbert:

Also, does anyone else hate Mask deMasque as much as I do? I feel like, in general, I have a tendency to hate all the wrong characters (Trucy, Datz Are'bal, etc.).

I legit didn't enjoy much of JfA, just most cases didn't do it for me and the 2-4's gimmick, while interesting, was not something I enjoyed playing. Mask deMasque instantly made me fall in love with the franchise again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

AAI is the only game I didn't finish in this series. It's just kinda the worst. But this release makes me hopeful that I can actually get AAI2 legally here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/944258512351145984

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

A phone port is step one. Then 3DS, then we cry.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Christ. Well, at least that magician guy will see justice tomorrow. I hear Manfred's daughter will prosecute him, and there's no way Wright will defend such a fiend, so that's settled.

On more positive news, the scans for next year's Samurai series leaked! The Nickel Samurai is going to be about three brothers and I am so glad we are moving back to a more serious tone than what TPP:WoLOT was pushing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wouldn't be too shocked if AA7 is a thing. Two years between main games has been mostly a thing. Just doing a ton of collections would be cool, tho. Maybe even DGS...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, the COO of Capcom basically said that AA7 would be coming out for Switch in fiscal 2018 a month or two ago. It's just that there have also been the collections rumored on top of that. Personally, if they wanna keep to their Summer JP/Fall EN release schedule, I'd imagine a formal announcement within the next month or two. It'd be a shorter promotion cycle than usual, but I'd imagine it was in development for 3DS at first and they needed some time to pivot to Switch when Capcom decided to back this horse.

I love these games about reading things and putting 2 and 2 together via what you learn by reading. I should've used that reading skill to read the article.

Can't wait for whatever does get released, i'm down for much of anything at this point. And a friend pointed out that January Direct would be a good time to announce it.

2018 is gonna be so good. I hear that Labrelum is working on some dope-rear end experiment, I know a guy on fb who's signing up for it. I bet medical science will take leaps.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

:stare: so, there's a bunch of hosed up stuff about the circus trial. Wright got the not guilty verdict, of course, because the culprit brought the murder weapon with him to the trial. This is some Florida Man kinda wacky poo poo we got going in LA..

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can someone explain the Hero of Heroes Grand Prix to me? All I can see is that the HoHGP from last year was won by the Pink Princess and this year Global Studios is putting up Nickel Samurai in the contest, but, won't Nickel Samurai have 4 episodes out at most by then?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I dug the ending well enough, but yeah, the game did not mesh its concepts well and fell apart in the climax. Making an AA game with PL in it deffo would work better. As it was, I had a lot of fun, but it was less than the sum of its parts.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mood Matrix takes a bit to really get going, but when it does, it's pretty great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just do one testimony thats a mood matrix with locks and finding ticks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I still need to actually play AAI2. Kinda holding out hope that it gets an official western release soonish.

Anyway, TPP: WOLOT's finale is getting me hyped. It's not as strong as Ex-Aid, but it's deffo better than Kyuranger. This Sunday's gonna be great. Gonna miss that show, but I'm ready for the Build/Lipato/Nickel trio. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still need to actually play AAI2. Kinda holding out hope that it gets an official western release soonish.

Anyway, TPP: WOLOT's finale is getting me hyped. It's not as strong as Ex-Aid, but it's deffo better than Kyuranger. This Sunday's gonna be great. Gonna miss that show, but I'm ready for the Build/Lipato/Nickel trio. :allears:

It just hit me, with today being the day I choose to believe Pink Princess: Warrior of Little Olde Tokyo ended, that I'll need to play AAI2 before March 2019 if I want to meme it up next year. drat. Guess I'll fire up the 3DS hacking in December if needed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah but Im a loser when it comes to emulating or hacking. Like I said, now that we are a year out from AAI2 catching up, there's ten months before I just go with the fan translation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

are there enough hideki kamiya interviews and recordings to redub Godot with him?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nickel is barely on kyurangers' tier, let alone build, lupato or jammin, no way itll win today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't believe that Jammin Ninja was such an awful person :stare:

I can't believe the lead on Nickel Samurai did all that heinous poo poo :stare:

I can't believe Miles Edgeworth was still alive :stare:

II CANT'T BELIEVE PHOENIX WRIGHT LOST A CASE TO MILES EDGEWROTH :stare:

yesterday was loving crazy, drat. Wonder what that means for Nickel Samurai, and the SS franchise in general