Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Just finished the trilogy ~12 years after playing them for the last time. Some observations, might be rambly:

Those three day turnabouts in the first game are a drag, especially Rise from the Ashes.

The First Turnabout was an amazing introduction, I'll never get enough of Winston Payne.

Turnabout Sisters wasn't nearly as 'epic' as I remembered it being. The last trial segment was way shorter than I thought.

I always thought Turnabout Samurai was kinda lackluster, playing it again I enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected. It's a shame we never see Penny Nichols again. Also is it just me or does Sal Manella kinda disappear after his court appearance? Isn't he technically an accessory to murder?

Rise from the Ashes is one of my favourite cases (I much prefer Ema to Maya sidekick-wise) but I felt it kind of overstayed its welcome near the end. I loved the lunch lady as a character (her glare animation never gets old) but hated her in court. So frustrating with no payoff.

I completely forgot about Reunion, and Turnabout and loved the poo poo out of it. It all came back to me while playing and I remembered feeling frustrated because the big reveal etc. felt way too obvious the first time playing. Enjoyed it way more this time around. Interacting with the murder victim before he dies was a nice touch.

Despite Farewell, my Turnabout also dragged on a bit too long for my taste. It's still one of my favourite cases and a great way to end the second game.

The third game will always be my favourite of the trilogy, there's not a single case I hate and none of them overstay their welcome, though the last trial comes dangerously close.

I liked Maya way more as a character this time around while Franzeska and Godot kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

What a great bunch of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Sal Manella.

I thought it was so weird that he wasn't called to testify again, wasn't he an accomplice?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Randallteal posted:

The real murderer is the judge. Just imagine how many innocent people he's sent to death row because they didn't happen to be defended by Phoenix. He literally lets the prosecution's witnesses lie as many times in a row as they need to to get their stories straight. The only way to get a defendant off in that man's courtroom is to try and find guilty one of the witnesses while they're on the stand during the acused's trial. If the prosecutors didn't call the real murderers as key witnesses all the time most of Phoenix's clients would be dead or in cuffs too.

Bugs the hell out of me that your client can still be considered guilty even after you prove that they couldn't have done it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

FairGame posted:

AJ:AA was fine except for that loving song

Now I'm curious; what song?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Amppelix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4ziiQoErw

for a proper AJ experience watch this 15 times

Oh crap I had completely forgotten this existed why did I even ask

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Sweet, I've been meaning to play this game for ages! Here's hoping it'll get a PC release as well.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Blue Labrador posted:

It's getting a PC release too, am I reading that right? That's awesome!

I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about, you guys have made me extremely curious!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

EDIT: Nevermind

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I've been dying to play this ever since I stumbled on this thread. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars%C3%A8ne_Lupin_versus_Herlock_Sholmes

Huh, I would've thought Capcom made it up.