Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Spirit of Justice is like 60% off in this most recent round of 3DS sales (lasts until 3/30), so I'm probably going to pick that one up considering it's $11 or so.

I'm also considering buying the first Investigations game on Android, but I wanted to know a bit more about the port first. First of all, one of the Play Store reviews says it's an always-online game. Is that true? Because that's a deal-breaker for me. Also, anything about the graphics/filters//performance/etc of the port would be appreciated as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

robot roll call posted:

I finally beat Apollo Justice and I liked it about as much as the first 3. I can see why Phoenix's arc might have ruffled some feathers but I thought it paid off well enough in the end. It's actually kind of funny his downfall was unknowingly submitting fake evidence because maybe I'm remembering wrong but it feels like in the first 3 games people are constantly coming to you in the middle of a trial and handing you completely unverified decisive evidence which up until that point has worked out completely fine. I think really my only complaint is that the Gavins aren't very interesting rivals/antagonists compared to everyone in the first trilogy.

Also, best music so far hands down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=093VR-LJ6H8
Klavier is basically the only prosecutor in the series who doesn't come off as incredibly sinister, though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MorningMoon posted:

Capcom got hacked. Hackers asked for like 11 million and capcom was like lolno, so lotta stuff is out there. For AA its minorish, but here's the next product:
a japanese physical collection on ps4 nd switch for aa trilogy and gaa 1+2. Could be exciting if the latter makes it to the west.
Isn't the popular theory on why the Great Ace Attorney games didn't get localized that they have Holmes in them and thus are a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bingo Cop Metis posted:

Oh my god, that rules. I love it, and I can't wait.
:same:

If it's actually getting a localization, I'm super psyched. I'd just heard that the Doyle estate was being super trigger-happy about shooting down Holmes depictions, which I figured made an official localization unlikely.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Interesting, looks like the Great Ace Attorney games might be getting a collection of their own, instead of piggybacking on a Trilogy re-release? If I don't have to pay for three games I already own (one twice), the deal for the GAA duology looks even sweeter.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

How's the DLC for Spirit of Justice? I just beat the main game the other day.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm interested in this as well. Specifically, some reviews for the game say that it requires an internet connection to play, and I'd be playing on a tablet that may not always have internet access. Are those reviews accurate? An always online single player game is literally a deal breaker for me.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

flavor.flv posted:

They didn't even try to explain the village full of yokai

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Amppelix posted:

i like him in theory, the premise is fine, but they forgot to write interesting comebacks or funny bits for 90% of his lines and instead just reused the same template with slight variations
Yeah he was all right but his "Accept it and move on" schtick got old quickly, as did the game's "lawyers are evil" bit.

Maybe if he was a little less aggro on defense attorneys when he was outside of Khura'in (and thus presumably under less scrutiny) because he didn't really believe the government's line and was just doing it to appease Garan and keep Rayfa safe it would have been better for him as a character and would have been foreshadowing for that particular plot point.

Waffleman_ posted:

Wouldn't it be funny if I threatened to murder you constantly in a court of law?
I mean, Franziska constantly assaulted anyone who didn't instantly agree with everything she said. Blackquill, a literal convicted felon on death row, was somehow allowed both a sword and a falcon in the courtroom. Even Godot slung full cups of hot coffee when things weren't going his way.

Prosecutors in Japanifornia are just allowed to get away with anything that isn't literally murder.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MonsterEnvy posted:

Blackquill did not have a sword, that was just his hand.
He could cut Phoenix's and Apollo's hair with it. From across the courtroom.