Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The remote chance of Phoenix Wright Meets Sherlock Holmes getting translated when the the second part comes out and finishes off the story and, uh... *stares off into the distance*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

It's me, I'm the circumstance.

🔫

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did the first AAI sell worse than the mainline games? If so that's probably the reason we don't get any spin-offs not featuring Phoenix, even though that was like 10 loving years ago and it's a lot easier for niche games to find an audience these days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Complaining that it's easy to spot the real guilty party straight off is like complaining that Columbo shows you the murderer at the start.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

As usual popularity polls are entirely wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The DLC case is really hitting home how weird is it that Gumshoe completely disappeared and no one ever mentions him again...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any phone made in the last five years is more powerful than the 3DS, so

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember liking it too but it's also been like 7 years since I played it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some people just don't like bears

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've given up on ever playing it if doesn't somehow get an official release, don't want to play a DS game on my PC and getting it playable in English on an actual 3/DS is far too much hassle for me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes that is effort especially if I want to play it on my 3DS instead of dig out my OG fat DS, as far as I'm aware DS flash carts don't just work on that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She killed my desire to keep playing at least

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm hype for a two pack of Phoenix vs Sherlock Holmes and a localisation announcement :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ace Attorney - Just Ports of 1-3 Forever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've bought every stupid port and I'll buy them again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean it's more Phoenix Wright if you're desperate but the Layton stuff really drags the whole thing down since it's basically a Layton game also featuring Phoenix towards the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were presumably hamstrung by Layton being the more popular and marketable property.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I'd hate to play any of these games on anything but a handheld, they were made for playing in bed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If only such a thing existed....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What do I need to do to play DGS in English on my (UK) 3DS?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

If you're not on a custom firmware, follow these instructions to install B9S and Luma3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
If you have an old DS flashcard lying around you can probably use the ntrboot method, which is preferrable as it's super fast and simple. Otherwise use Seedminer.

Then get the game, you can import a physical copy on ebay for example. Or however else you want to get it.

Then get the patch from here and follow the install instructions: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/tree/master

If you need any help just ask!

Cheers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kind of like it, it's basically an anime transformation sequence

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On the other hand AA makes the culprit almost immediately obvious if only in a Columbo guest star sort of way sometimes, whereas DR keeps you guessing a bit more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably asked this before and forgotten but, is there an easy guide to getting and patching the Android version anywhere?
Like for someone who's literally never done anything with their phone/tablet other than download stuff from the play store.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheers!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hate to be a naysayer but I would uh at least wait for an official announcement first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/aatimeiine/status/1383570728448978947?s=21