Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The girl who's your assistant, is good

Everything else about DGS I could take or leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm in the middle of case 5. Here are some random thoughts about it

- The translators did an absolutely fantastic job. It's indistinguishable from a real capcom localization to me
- The game has definitely set up more than it can resolve in the remainder of case 5. I don't know any spoilers about the second one but a frustrating cliffhanger / lotsa characters who don't really serve their purpose until the second game seem in the offing. Therefore it seems reasonable to wait for the second game to be done if that would bother you
- Two of the cases are twists on the formula and feel short to me as a consequence. I don't think they actually are that much shorter, but they feel that way. This makes the characters feel a little thin on the ground story-wise to me
- The game's new gimmick mechanic, the great deductions, are fun in theory but kind of kill the pacing in practice. A lot of hammering through superfluous nonsense guesses, and you have to go through all of it twice each time
- Despite all above complaints it's great. I'm not a case coneisseur but as someone who's played all these games over the years I like this one, with the potential for it to be really improved by the context of the second one when it comes out. All the main chars are good, even the ones who seem initially like their quirks might get annoying
- Susato is extremely powerful

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Thinking about the guy at capcom whose job it is to not let takumi do what he wants

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think Takumi snuck away and made DGS without that guy knowing. Then when he got found out he was put in monster hunter jail

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ulio posted:

I was actually thinking of using a fan patch or something down the line but this is fantastic news. I wonder if the soundtrack is as fire as the regular series?

Fear not, the soundtrack is transcendant