Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

we have to save it

I'm ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You can preload this and play at midnight on release, lmao

Comes with a free Theme as well.

I've never preordered on the eShop until now... Thanks for the headsup

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

One and one half days.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Back then the term “tsundere” hadn’t yet been invented, however (laughs).

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The non depressed troll who posts at 4am

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

An update on your order of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past: currently out for delivery, expected to arrive before 8pm Thursday, September 15 :stare: :siren:

:kingsley::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaa::derp::derp::eek::f5h::f5h:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Tfw you can't decide whether to stay up super late to play this after it releases or go to bed super early and wake up at 4 AM to play it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my god!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lucky

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I tried to redeem that DQ7 theme in the eShop and it says I need to do it in the appropriate application... But there's no code redemption in DQ7 anywhere? Wtf

e: oh duh nevermind, it means the 3DS theme shop, which is separate. My bad

e2: oh cool there's a free SMT4: Apocalypse theme now

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 17, 2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I've always had some kind of OCD with RPGs like this where I like to talk to every possible town person and see what they have to say, and whether or not their dialogue changes throughout different parts of the game... Between almost every persons dialogue changing several times, and the party chatter, and the unique party chatter triggered after talking to certain people, I feel like trying to read all the dialogue in this would sincerely drive me insane.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I keep running into monsters that appear out of thin air immediately in front of me... That basically is a random encounter imho.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Some days, there isn't anything in the world I like more than a lighthearted JRPG...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's never easy to hear about a fallen 3DS...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Now that you have monster munchies any monster you fight has a chance of joining your Monster Meadow after battle. you don't need to use it or even have it on a person, it just stays in your bag now. One of the jobs you can get has abilities/passives that dramatically boost the chance of "catching" a monster, even to a 100% chance if you max stuff out, if you want to try catching them all.

For now the only way you get more tablets is by progressing through the story, youll find basically one NPC per town that will go back to the haven and give you a tablet. Tablets are little mini dungeons that are populated solely by one monster. They each have a boss (which can be pretty tough actually) and will give you a super seed when you first clear them. Eventually, youll unlock the ability to use the monsters youve captured inyour meadow to generate more tablets, which you can also share via street pass (this comes way later)

The important things about tablet dungeons are that a) drop rates are way higher than monsters in the wild so theyre allow you to grind for specific stuff a lot faster and b) the job level cap is way higher so you can get job levels easier in them. I think a lot of my post game time will be messing around with the tablet system.

that was alot of words but hopefully it makes more sense

Fungah! posted:

tablets are random dungeons tht you can get to from the plinth under haven. theres two ways to g et them without going online, you get fixed dungeons frm an npc scavenger hunt that starts whn you get the tablet from the frst guy you bring back to haven. secnd way is to get them from sending out monstrs to explore, which you cant do until you finish unlockng the monster park way later. whne you get that, any monsters tht you tell about the park will be there to go explore for tablets. now tht you have monster munchies, monsters will get up after battles sometimes nd ask for directions to the park. thats automatic, you dont need the munchies on a character to make that happen

Yinlock posted:

also you don't have to have the munchies in your characters' inventory, just toss it in the bag

once the bar gets built in the Haven(this happens really quickly if you've been hunting down monsters asap) talk to the barman to get online tablet stuff and download some of the SQEX ones, the current rotation is out after the 30th I think.

If you're lame and bad you can use the Tough Nuts map and one shot everything with scorch, there's no jobxp level cap on the dlc maps so you can go nuts. the enemies DO apparently have champion abilities though so if you don't outspeed them you're gonna die real fuckin' quick.

Some good explanations; but something's still not clear to me: is there ever any good reason to ask residents to leave or to discard tablets? Or is that option just there?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is the first game I've played since 2006 that I wouldn't mind getting a strategy guide for.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Could you please reedit my quote to remove the mention of a B*thesda game. I'd rather not have any of that in this thread. Thanks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thank you.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There doesn't seem to be.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I really like the little villager arcs, like the guy with the 'sick' mom, Pike's shenanigans, etc. I have twenty hours logged and I just got to the animal island because I've been taking my time talking to everyone (and seeing if my party says anything in reaction)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres a later village where i walked in and went oh no! theyve all turned into animals again! but it was just a dog hanging out near the entrance the village had other problems

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think you only need to do 2-3 monster dungeons to get the tavern up and running yeah.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Attn: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King will be released internationally on the 3DS in :siren: one month!!!!!!!!! :siren:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Attn: this goes on sale on Hori's online store tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I want the plush slimes. And the game

• Locked thread