Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I beat Dragon Warrior on NES as a kid and it blew my mind when I found out there was an entire series that was hugely popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

beating dq1 this year i was really impressed, i can totally understand people in the 80s feeling excited pushing at the edges of the explorable world by getting stronger
It was a cool experience as a kid. Beating Final Fantasy 1 was like that but even more so.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I like that over 30 years later even in parts of DQVIII they kept the idea that crossing a bridge means the enemies will be stronger in the next area
DQ1 and FF1 both had powerful bridge moments.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally completing the rainbow bridge and crossing to the last area in Dragon Warrior was amazing to me as a kid, it took me forever to get the parts. The Rainbow Drop and something else as I recall.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DancingShade posted:

The only dragon quest I've played is the copy I have for my 3DS. It's the one where you're some kind of fallen angel and there is a fairy girl with a train or something.

I forget how far I got in before I got bored and it's been on my shelf for a couple years. I guess I could get up and see what number or subtitle it has but ehhhh.

Did I miss much?
That's DQ9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I did a sidequest on the world map in between island hopping and the reward was a whole new character :pwn:
Moments like this are why FF6 was so good.

• Locked thread