Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Crimson Harvest posted:

I've wasted about 6 hours grinding jobs and xp and unlocked the monster meadow a little before 40 hours. Not sure I want to commit to building up a character as monsters though, there's very little in-game info telling you about how/why you'd do that.

skills you learn s a monster are permanent, you cn only use a lot of advanced class abilities aon the class that learns them. a also I think mastering a monster class unlocks the next one in a tree for that char without needing a heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just finished Spanish iisland and I'm just grindng the metal slime tablet for a bit. 35 hours so far nd the game rules. I loved 7 s a kid nd this one fixed all the lovely parts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im really enjoying the tablet dungeons, its fun to do a quick dungeon crawl between story segmnts. the one in el ciclo is a metal slime dungeon too, so thts cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tablets are random dungeons tht you can get to from the plinth under haven. theres two ways to g et them without going online, you get fixed dungeons frm an npc scavenger hunt that starts whn you get the tablet from the frst guy you bring back to haven. secnd way is to get them from sending out monstrs to explore, which you cant do until you finish unlockng the monster park way later. whne you get that, any monsters tht you tell about the park will be there to go explore for tablets. now tht you have monster munchies, monsters will get up after battles sometimes nd ask for directions to the park. thats automatic, you dont need the munchies on a character to make that happen

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

poo poo lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

anyone know how leveling up your monsters in monster meadows works? i cn figure out everything else but that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

jobs feel like theyre asking for grinding

leveling them up is based on number of monsters killed right?

nah its number of battles. a fight wth one monster counts the sme as a fight with 20

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

i think they level up if they share a tablet via street pass

ah poo poo. ok

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

evry time i ran into a group of 1:8 slimes i played a little game wth myself to see how many ic ould kill before they fused or the fight ended, one tme i got like 40+ kills and made like 6k experience nd gold off of one fight lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The only thing I wish this game had was the gains customization from the bravely games, where you could adjust XP/job growth/encounter rate on the fly. So you stay low level and get neat job abilities and try to make the game more challenging like that. Not really feasible to get job growths without levelling your characters in DQVII. Well I guess you could use a low level monster tablet

yeah i made a tablet thats like healslime/king slime/barracuda thats still workng in the 30s, just run that once or twce when i feel like grinding jobs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive still got the prima guide for 8 somewhere, tht thing is so much fun to flip through

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i cant believe ig et to immediately go from playng this to playing smt4a, this is so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age officially coming to the west next year. No word on which platforms yet

https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/890950006869381125

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvr7jgcI24

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dq builders 2 announced for p[s4 and switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euG4FL3QjpM

• Locked thread