Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm using all my strength to not buy this until I finish Paper Jam and SMT4... i'm really terrible about starting RPGs and dropping them for another one and then coming back months later and then doing it again, and when I finally play this I think it will deserve my full attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

this looks good. wish i had a ds.

There's a lot of good poo poo on there . A 2DS is like $70 now which is a steal for the budget conscious gamer

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nintendo released a quick start guide to help get you through the beginning of the game to where class changes become available and it apparently covers the first 20 hours or so

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I was gonna play this but i dropped my 3ds from the table and it wont turn on and I'm gonna kill myself

This happened to me and I took the battery out and put it back in and it works totally fine. Apparently it works for others as well, definitely try that first, something mighty have just been jostled loose

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wanna play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional so badly q.q the monsters are my favorite part of the games anyway and I spent so much time with the GBC one. Pretty sure it was the first implementation of stuff like the grottos in IX and and the tablet dungeons or whatever in this remake , too

Idk why they don't translate those games anymore, I feel like they'd clean up over here if they launched them like halfway between Pokémon releases. Maybe they're a little niche but no less so than DQ Builders or something. Apparently the last game didn't do that hot in Japan though and only sold like 600k while the previous Monsters games all broke a million

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In the new Dragon Quest Monsters you can ride on any of the 500+ monsters in the game :worship:

edit: there's an online competitive racing minigame too oh man

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Life isn't fair

edit: serioudly this sounds so tight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

Let's pray for a fan translation I guess

They actually just announced a new version, maybe maybe it'll get a release over here

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm on the second island

Almost there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah...street passing is limited as is, but then you also need to pass someone who bought a niche JRPG and also the street pass system doesn't unlock until 35+ hours in so its basically non functional. At least square is giving out new tablets through the download bar that have unique monsters and stuff

honestly if i bring my 3DS to gamestop or the independent game store here i'll always get lit up with streetpasses for Monster Hunter and Bravely Default and even more niche than DQ stuff like Etrian Odyssey (with people who have insane 100% clear save files and stuff). employees always have that poo poo rolling

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

last night decided to spend near all my money on a new weapon for my hero, and then found a weapon only for him in the dungeon i entered

That's the worst RPG feel

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Good tip for gamers on a budget

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

klapman posted:

I played this game so long in one sitting that the battery started dying, so now I'm stuck until its fully charged again cause I want to game in Max Comfort. It's actually taking a lot of effort not to just sit in a really stupid position so I can keep playing while it charges... *sigh*

That's the worst 3DS feel ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCMRiZx78Jk

halfway through they show off the 3DS versions of both the DQVIII art style and the SNES art style

wtf that 3DS setup is insane genius. and the PS4 version looks amazing; can't wait to see all the monsters

• Locked thread