Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Going from DQ7 straight into Builders is gonna be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

If you like it you can get 4-6 in a similar style in DS and mobile. 1-3 are oldschool tile sprite based but still good, I have 3 on android. 8 has been delayed until 2017 sometime from its original launch time of 'end of 2016'.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

yesssss

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Anyone feel like the volume balance in combat is weird? Messing with the settings seems to help but sound effects feel muted.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah Monster Masher seems hecka strong, that top end fire breath skill does like 150 damage to every enemy and costs nothing.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm being thwarted by the Traveler Tablet dungeons cause they have an invisible level cap beyond which you don't get job rank progress. Anyone find/create a list of level caps for these dungeons?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Nah they do, the basic slime dungeon craps out at 20, and at 26 (maybe earlier IDK) the yellow blimp dungeon stopped working.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

There's a metal slime map but that's probably better for grinding xp, plus it's a huge pain in the butt

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I think only Pirate has sword dance now. I'm getting along really well with Thin Air.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

In Training posted:

Thin Air + Monster Masher breath skills is pwning dungeons for me but I'm kinda lacking in single target damage dealers for the bosses which makes them more tense

Knuckle Sandwich + Sap or Helm Splitter does a good job for me.

I'd really like if there was an AI setting to conserve MP by coordinating with other characters, so Maribel doesn't unleash hell on my enemies but maybe casts Boom instead, and then someone else can finish them off with another Boom.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Too lazy and the menu too laggy for me to bother with that.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Is it not laggy for you? It feels like a few frames of lag with every single menu input to me. I'm not managing 4 characters with 30 pages of skills with that kind of crappy menu.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

rediscover posted:

theres a little lag but its not enough to make me not want to control my own party members like some kind of hosed up retard. it is annoying though

Not controlling them manually means they dont choose their action until their turn is ready, making mid-round healing a thing. Plus they know all the enemy weaknesses and put up the right buffs/debuffs without me having to waste time guessing.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

In Training posted:

Gadabout is always dangerous, never know what those hooligans are gonna do

Gonna have a good fuckin time is what. I enjoyed them.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

In Training posted:

So i found out how they tweaked monster hearts in the remake. It used to be a 1/256 drop from monsters who could drop their heart, which is still true, but if you get the corresponding monster tablet the drop rate for the heart is way way higher. So the idea is to tame them and then grind them in the tablet. Monster masher gets a move that increases chance of taming such that if you max out the class and then use he ability five times in battle you will never fail. I can't wait to actually unlock the monster meadow system and dig into that stuff, but I understand it doesn't unlock until hour 50

I've wasted about 6 hours grinding jobs and xp and unlocked the monster meadow a little before 40 hours. Not sure I want to commit to building up a character as monsters though, there's very little in-game info telling you about how/why you'd do that.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I havent been able to find the tablet for after the metal slime dungeon. The clue is very clear but there isnt any person like that.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

rediscover posted:

el ciclo is by far the coolest island so far. for those in the know you get to fuxkin stop time and go into a painting which takes you into a space time vortex dungeon *macklemore voice* this is loving awesome

Time Frame is one of the best name jokes.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The Next Tablet menu keeps telling me that the Medal King has a tablet but am I ever gonna get enough medals for that?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Well I punched Satan in the dick over and over but that didn't even begin to solve the world's problems. This game owns.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

Semi-related but DQ Builders now has an English demo on PS4 and Vita.

I have played it and it's everything I want. Two weeks to release can't waaaaaaaaaait

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Beat the end boss, did the victory lap. Saved at 64:50 on the timer. Now it's time to go crazy.

• Locked thread