Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
A little post of his from history: Message From King REoL.

Last time I checked on his Youtube channel, he was spending his time creating and uploading 2,698 videos of himself riding elevators and reviewing them, a fan favorite amongst the large group of people in The Elevator Community Wiki. However, I recently noticed he has expanded his content to include:

He even interacts with his viewers, letting them vote on where he should film himself bowling next! This is a particularly fetching video, as you get to see what the man, the legend looks like. It's basically what you would expect:

No real point to this thread, just wanted to treat the old school Goons to a "where are they now?" special. I do encourage all of you to check out his channel and be amazed by the excitement of utter banality. And remember to read the comments for each video, because no matter how inane the video is, there are huge fans who love to share their opinions of the topic in question, such as which company produces the best elevator floor buttons, and how peeved they get when the hydraulics are slower than they should be. The internet is truly a magical and wonderful place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
What "phases" were there, and what did they entail? What was the "last phase" supposed to be again?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
guys got quite the hair for a balding dude

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I wish my life was as exciting as his.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
He bald

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I remember once telling him to gently caress off. Good to know he followed my advice

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
He's got more going on in his life than I do.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
he kinda reminds me of u lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3P1_mfwew

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I been postin here since 2000 but I forgot my old user name and I remember King Reol thanks for the update and enjoy the South

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lmao he wrote that down

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
sounds like a rad dude, i like his take on costanzian issues

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
He'll finish destroying this site any day now, don't you doubt that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This is the long-running series, asking if the neglected elevators at the Major Taylor Garage (Worcester, Massachusetts), are finally fixed?
This shows the progress, or lack thereof, on their maintenance, or temporary "Band-Aids" applied.

Eight videos spanning two years concerning the most important of questions.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Wait I thought that Radium was reviewing elevators on YouTube now. Do they know each other, do they hang out at the elevator community gatherings

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
King REol lady marmelade

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
lowtax

what up

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
the evolution of a poo poo poster alongside technology

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like that pic of Lowtax

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
sometimes when im in an elevator I'd be reminded of this but I couldn't remember the guys name and it's tough wading through all the elevator reviews in Google so thank you lowtax for this lil brendan fraser

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm only 9 years old so this was before my time

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lowtax posted:

A little post of his from history: Message From King REoL.

This is satire. Please tell me this is heavy satire?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
georgef551 is an elevator filmer from Leominster, Massachusetts, United States.

History

George Fiffy created his youtube channel "georgef551" in late March 2009. He filmed his first elevator video in June of that year.

He started shooting videos in standard definition but then started shooting in 720p HD in mid-2009. In early 2010 he started shooting videos with a Flip camcorder, and in 2011 he started using his Sony DSC-TX10.

In 2012, he got a Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder. He only used it for a few videos; shortly after the warranty expired, he dropped the camcorder. Because of the damage from the drop and the bulkiness of the camera, he only uses it rarely for train/railfanning videos.

In 2013, he has started posting Minecraft videos more often than elevator videos. On June 1, 2013, he opened a private minecraft server that he helped build. Videos of him building various structures in the server can be found on his YouTube channel.

Also in 2013, he got a Sony DSC-TX30.

Trivia

He pioneered YouTube trends such as the man-powered elevator and calling the CEElectronics floor indicator "ACME". George was often corrected by other elevator enthusiasts when using "ACME" until TheElevatorChannel used the term in one of his videos.
He was a co-pioneer of the elevator derby along with CubsRule2040 in January 2010.
He also pioneered "Rockin' the Gauntlet" as a result of the 15 minute time limit being lifted from his account in December 2010. In those videos, he attempts to record all the elevators and escalators in a particular building or complex with no time limit.
He has filmed with balarick, but no other people.
He says epic fail as "E-P-I-C Fail" to The Price is Right losing horns

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

VendaGoat posted:

This is satire. Please tell me this is heavy satire?
Hi welcome to the internet, no, it's not satire.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I heard that the admins inserted references to the taliban into the forums code so that he would freak out when he found them. Is that true or am I thinking of someone else/a different terrorist organization?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeesh, for a guy this crazy he sure is boring

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
my dude George Fiffy

is he still making doom WADs

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Yea, filming elevators has its ups and downs.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

He does not seem reol tough anymore

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lowtax posted:

Hi welcome to the internet, no, it's not satire.

I think I would donate another ten dollars to these forums to have you type out, in as much detail as you are willing to provide, with sources; every crackpot, lunatic, whack-a-doo and neer-do-well you have had to suffer, because of an internet comedy forum.

We've all laughed at some of the horrendous poo poo you have shared with us. Complete the catharsis Richard. Vent to us.

Has anyone threatened trampling you with an elephant? I don't think I can imagine anything more ridiculous, and then I remember Poe's Law.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
How is it possible to have that deep a cleft chin? Was he shot with a .22 rifle, and has thin steel skin or something?
You could sharpen a pencil in there.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
Weird. For some reason I was thinking about King REoL yesterday.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
Everyone in the YouTube Elevator Community are equal and present the facts about the elevator you filmed. Despite some of the elevator photographer are famous in some countries, or the world. The characteristics of the elevator photographer are exactly same. Respect to every elevator photographer and any others to build up a positive way about this.

I hope you found this little lesson useful.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
two things:

when he started yelling (caps lock) SLATER in his old post, i absolutely read it everytime in the voice of Jack Slater's boss yelling at him in Last Action Hero

second thing:

he will probably be triggered by the memory of something awful, and never actually stop being insane enough to admit 'well at least my average youtube video view count went from 49 to 300'

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

So is he single or???

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
This guy LOVES elevators.
the Internet truly is wonderful.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I wish I cared about things as much as that guy.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
are there arches in his youtube videos

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Finally, a destination for reviews of automated touch free car washes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i can't say i remember this guy. i'm more of a fan of this raging anti-semite from Minnesota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

It was n

• Locked thread