Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazr
Jan 28, 2005

That Robot posted:

like not capable of meaningful intelligent thought

there's an alien life form that is biologically immortal and has been monitoring our planet for the last 100k years thinking "aw, they believe they are 'thinking' now :allears: precious"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

kazr posted:

there's an alien life form that is biologically immortal and has been monitoring our planet for the last 100k years thinking "aw, they believe they are 'thinking' now :allears: precious"

does it look like an anime? this is important for my research.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Giant space walnut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoLmoWmP6_M

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

this is very triggering 2 me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

That Robot posted:

like not aliens from blindside or a bunch of little gray bitches in saucers

not even humanoids in generation ships or even aliens with language

like just some dumb as gently caress non-sentient herd of beasts who can live in the vacuum and happened to enter the solar system. this is of course assuming they can live a long time

it would be pretty funny though if aliens invaded and they were some real dumb motherfuckers instead of smart aliens like we expect
no but you raise a good point

im working tomorrow so ill be able to answer and expand on my ideas tomorrow

i think if aliens were here then they would have the power an ability to modify our surroundings to leave no trace except what they wanted behind

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope we get a visit from self-replicating machines that consume all matter to make more of themselves

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Serious Frolicking posted:

i hope we get a visit from self-replicating machines that consume all matter to make more of themselves

loving breeders.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

8-Bit Scholar posted:

the documentary film Starship Troopers was all about this OP watch it if you would like to know more

that's mostly true

I was thinking more scifi but that also technically works

anyway

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

THEY ARE ALREADY HERE.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

roymorrison posted:

lmao that u think humans are intelligent species

I didn't say they were intelligent

I implied they were self-aware by comparison

self awareness/sapience/sentience != "intelligent species"

it could also mean self-aware morons

OctoberBlues posted:

no aliens are ever visiting this planet, jfc. I mean, they exist, but lol to think they're going to make come here

yeah I think we're in the boondocks or the hills or some poo poo in the galaxy

donkey salami posted:

Space retards. Our only hope

it will take time

but at some point humans will do retarded poo poo in space

i can only hope that dare will be launched into space and become humanity's retard ambassador to the cosmos

kazr posted:

which alien life form

does it get earth tv?

numberoneposter posted:

no but you raise a good point

im working tomorrow so ill be able to answer and expand on my ideas tomorrow

i think if aliens were here then they would have the power an ability to modify our surroundings to leave no trace except what they wanted behind

good

thank you friend

i wonder if they would leave some piss or some other clue that betrays their presence on accident

numberoneposter posted:

THEY ARE ALREADY HERE.

roswell was a joke

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Serious Frolicking posted:

That's why we're building the wall.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the trick to defeating an alien invasion is just to never investigate reports of a fishing village gone dark in newfoundland. at least not with your a-team

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm guessing aliens invented holo decks so never evolved much beyond where we are now as a consequence. So doubtful they'd be traveling anywhere.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the vast distances involved in space and time essentially make conventional travel impossible

sci-fi mostly uses some kind of hyper drive and the power requirements are literally astronomical. someone crunched the numbers and it would require like the mass of jupiter in energy to travel and respectable distance.

but what if the next level of exploration was achieved simply "moving" our consciousness. people who have taken DMT say that they have seen "machine gremlins" during their trips.

perhaps these are aliens trying to communicate with humans.

*takes huge bong rip*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id be more impressed if someone found out gravity is sentient

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
maybe these creatures have a natural warp drive in their bodies

like in their butt, hehehe

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

The Goatfather posted:

the trick to defeating an alien invasion is just to never investigate reports of a fishing village gone dark in newfoundland. at least not with your a-team

fuuuuuuuu

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

numberoneposter posted:

but what if the next level of exploration was achieved simply "moving" our consciousness. people who have taken DMT say that they have seen "machine gremlins" during their trips.

It seems this thread is talking about sentient aliens now. Okay.

Supposedly they can bend the fabric of time and space and traverse huge distances almost instantly. But moving one's consciousness by means of astral projection is absolutely a valid idea. I can do it, and I've observed them a couple of times.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

That Robot posted:

I'm talking about sizable poo poo

This thread is a sizable poo poo op have no fear

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

donkey salami posted:

Space retards. Our only hope

sometimes i think you watch too much TV

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
... And one day a cluster of lucky tetrahedrons found its way to Eastern Europe. They wanted nothing, had nothing to contribute. They just came from space, and didn't appear to be made by anyone or anything. :shrug:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i think space turtles would be way cooler than space whales

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Kuato posted:

I'm guessing aliens invented holo decks so never evolved much beyond where we are now as a consequence. So doubtful they'd be traveling anywhere.

lazy sons of space bitches

numberoneposter posted:

the vast distances involved in space and time essentially make conventional travel impossible

sci-fi mostly uses some kind of hyper drive and the power requirements are literally astronomical. someone crunched the numbers and it would require like the mass of jupiter in energy to travel and respectable distance.

*takes huge bong rip*

machine elves, not gremlins

but yeah i want to meet those folk

*smokes another jay*

but i do think we don't know everything, so it is also possible that there are other ingenious ways of propulsion and travel that we don't even know about yet

*takes another hit and then looks to numberoneposter*

hey man have you ever seen weird poo poo in the sky?

Zzulu posted:

maybe these creatures have a natural warp drive in their bodies

like in their butt, hehehe

fart propulsion ftw

King Possum III posted:

It seems this thread is talking about sentient aliens now. Okay.

Supposedly they can bend the fabric of time and space and traverse huge distances almost instantly. But moving one's consciousness by means of astral projection is absolutely a valid idea. I can do it, and I've observed them a couple of times.

its about aliens in general now i think

what did you see when you astral projected

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

This thread is a sizable poo poo op have no fear

its stored in a box labeled "hamdingers"

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

... And one day a cluster of lucky tetrahedrons found its way to Eastern Europe. They wanted nothing, had nothing to contribute. They just came from space, and didn't appear to be made by anyone or anything. :shrug:

the romans did the dodecahedrons and then some assholes tried to do a kickstarter about it and there was some scantily clad lady in a lab coat presenting it and people thought it was sexist or some poo poo

JiveHonky posted:

i think space turtles would be way cooler than space whales

yeah but they won't eat people or anything cool

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I wonder if Alien civilization feel the need to keep repeating that not even light can escape from blackholes.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I escaped from a black hole AMA

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I escaped from a black hole AMA

What did it smell like?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

That Robot posted:

what did you see when you astral projected

The first time I saw them, there were 4 of them sitting in chairs, apparently operating their vehicle by becoming a part of it. They controlled it's movements by their thoughts alone. I know that sounds weird, but I don't pretend to understand all of what I saw.

Another time I observed them, they were aware of my presence and one of them was very angry to have an eavesdropper there. The images I saw ended abruptly at that point, so I assumed they "evicted" me.

There was one other time, but it was too complicated to explain here.

I wish I understood it better, but learning comes slowly and I really ought to try harder to develop it.

Keebler Cookout
Aug 25, 2014

Drinking is important to my well being.
The church told me we are the only living beings in the universe..

the church LIED?!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

What did it smell like?

Ask your mom

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

King Possum III posted:

The first time I saw them, there were 4 of them sitting in chairs, apparently operating their vehicle by becoming a part of it. They controlled it's movements by their thoughts alone. I know that sounds weird, but I don't pretend to understand all of what I saw.

Another time I observed them, they were aware of my presence and one of them was very angry to have an eavesdropper there. The images I saw ended abruptly at that point, so I assumed they "evicted" me.

I wish I understood it better, but learning comes slowly and I really ought to try harder to develop it.

You lazy motherfucker
You do realize our Planet Gaia is dying? And people are killing eachother?
What the gently caress is wrong with you, not giving 200%.
You selfish gently caress
Stop posting and spy on some aliens you rear end in a top hat

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
No OP, it isn't in the bible.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

That Robot posted:

which alien life form

does it get earth tv?

dude... they made Earth TV©

now pass me that doobie broooooooooooooooooo

naem
May 29, 2011

I could totally see simple life forms like bacteria blowing around in space stuck to a comet or whatever until they land somewhere they can live, some theories say life on earth may have come from such an event.

Another real possibility is we are the only living beings, here on earth- life had to happen somewhere first, why not here? In which case we have a responsibility to go teriform anywhere we can.

Like, algea turns carbon dioxide into oxygen, so any planet with water and volcanic activity should get a big dookie rocket (for fertilizer) and a whole bunch of dhyddated algae clumps dropped on it. Life could take off there, like space Australia

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Enfield posted:

maybe a floating space turd

lol enought about my wife!

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
stupid aliens are still sentient though?

we get plenty of nonsentient alien things like comets and radiation

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yoloer420 posted:

yeah it is

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

King Possum III posted:

that's p cool

i wish I could have an otherworldly experience like that. if I could see a ghost or a ufo or some poo poo I would know there was still done mystery or interesting poo poo irt physical reality.

but alas i haven't seen poo poo captain

how did you reach a state of astral projection? I want to get on on that

ty for sharing btw

Sjs00 posted:

You lazy motherfucker
You do realize our Planet Gaia is dying? And people are killing eachother?
What the gently caress is wrong with you, not giving 200%.
You selfish gently caress
Stop posting and spy on some aliens you rear end in a top hat

what would an alien's rear end in a top hat look like :backtowork:

yoloer420 posted:

the bible owes me seven anerican dollars for royalties

kazr posted:

dude... they made Earth TV©

now pass me that doobie broooooooooooooooooo

*hands kazr a jay filled with kief*

i have a high tolerance cos weed powers my robotic nacelles

naem posted:

I could totally see simple life forms like bacteria blowing around in space stuck to a comet or whatever until they land somewhere they can live, some theories say life on earth may have come from such an event.

Another real possibility is we are the only living beings, here on earth- life had to happen somewhere first, why not here? In which case we have a responsibility to go teriform anywhere we can.

Like, algea turns carbon dioxide into oxygen, so any planet with water and volcanic activity should get a big dookie rocket (for fertilizer) and a whole bunch of dhyddated algae clumps dropped on it. Life could take off there, like space Australia

there have to be other planets with life, even if simple

way too many other star systems to make the Rare Earth theory viable

Spidder posted:

stupid aliens are still sentient though?

we get plenty of nonsentient alien things like comets and radiation

stupid aliens might be, but they would've stuck on their planet like us then

im talking dumb as gently caress space jellyfish or other critters

like maybe smart enough that you could pull a prank and conquer them, but still dumber than gently caress

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You know how in cheap sci-fi the aliens are always just different human cultures in makeup and there's always one race that's just all war all the time, what if we're that race and that's why the other aliens don't want to talk to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

notZaar posted:

You know how in cheap sci-fi the aliens are always just different human cultures in makeup and there's always one race that's just all war all the time, what if we're that race and that's why the other aliens don't want to talk to us.
im the klingon elevator repairman

IT IS AN HONORABLE DAY TO FIX THE ELEVATORS! KAPLAH!!!

my klingon barista keeps loving my raktajino i shall challenge that scum's manager to HONORABLE COMBAT TO THE DEATH!!!

• Locked thread