Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

That Robot posted:

like not aliens from blindside or a bunch of little gray bitches in saucers

not even humanoids in generation ships or even aliens with language

like just some dumb as gently caress non-sentient herd of beasts who can live in the vacuum and happened to enter the solar system. this is of course assuming they can live a long time

it would be pretty funny though if aliens invaded and they were some real dumb motherfuckers instead of smart aliens like we expect
no but you raise a good point

im working tomorrow so ill be able to answer and expand on my ideas tomorrow

i think if aliens were here then they would have the power an ability to modify our surroundings to leave no trace except what they wanted behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

THEY ARE ALREADY HERE.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the vast distances involved in space and time essentially make conventional travel impossible

sci-fi mostly uses some kind of hyper drive and the power requirements are literally astronomical. someone crunched the numbers and it would require like the mass of jupiter in energy to travel and respectable distance.

but what if the next level of exploration was achieved simply "moving" our consciousness. people who have taken DMT say that they have seen "machine gremlins" during their trips.

perhaps these are aliens trying to communicate with humans.

*takes huge bong rip*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

notZaar posted:

You know how in cheap sci-fi the aliens are always just different human cultures in makeup and there's always one race that's just all war all the time, what if we're that race and that's why the other aliens don't want to talk to us.
im the klingon elevator repairman

IT IS AN HONORABLE DAY TO FIX THE ELEVATORS! KAPLAH!!!

my klingon barista keeps loving my raktajino i shall challenge that scum's manager to HONORABLE COMBAT TO THE DEATH!!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

We're totally that race - 50/50 odds the first species we meet doesn't end up being annihilated by nuclear fire

god help them if they have anything that we can grind into dick powder

• Locked thread