Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS

Another year of football is upon us, and with that comes a whole new round of start/sit questions. There are lots of cool people ready to give you smart advice, as long as you follow these rules.

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist.
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

I'll get the ball started here.

Pick one person out of this list as my RB2 (0 PPR, 10 teams, no flex, I have Eddie Lacy set as my other starter)

Matt Forte vs. CIN
Jonathan Stewart @ DEN
Jeremy Langford @ HOU
Derrick Henry vs. MIN

DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Guess I'll go with Forte then.

Veritek83 posted:

5 PATD, -2 INT, Tyrod Taylor vs. IND or Kirk Cousins vs. PIT

I'd lean towards Cousins, that game has shootout potential and Pittsburgh's defense looks like it'll be a wet tissue again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You didn't draft Zeke Elliott in the first round to sit him against the Giants' dogshit defense

Benne posted:

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

kiimo posted:

Counterpoint: a rookie who couldn't get playing time for Northwestern Football is throwing him the ball in his first game. Would you start him over Keenan Allen picking on the Chiefs cornerbacks not named Peters or T.Y. Hilton chewing up Detroit?

Why does it have to be either/or? You can't just start all three?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Antrodemus posted:

Yahoo all of a sudden thinks Rawls isn't going to get more than 6 points a week until sometime in mid-October, which has thrown my RB game off. I've got Devonta Freeman but we start 2 RBs (non-PPR) - who's the best choice, not just this weekend but going forward (say thru week 5 or so), of the following:

-Rawls
-Woodhead
-Derrick Henry
-Tevin Coleman

-the top available RBs on the waiver wire are James White, Charcandrick West, and a bunch of nothing

Or am I overthinking this? I went fairly heavy on handcuffs / breakout folks like Henry because I was confident I had 2 starting RBs, and now I don't.

Yahoo projections mean fuckall. Stick with Rawls.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
10 teams, 0 PPR, no flex

I have Dez and Evans as my top 2 WRs but need to start one more. Choose wisely.

Doug Baldwin vs MIA
Marvin Jones @ IND
DeSean Jackson vs PIT

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TommyGun85 posted:

I dont want to drop Dalton, but im wondering if Ozzie is a one time play against a horrendous bears team.

Week 1 is not the time to be making speculative streaming starts. Stick with who you drafted for at least a few weeks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Frank Eufemia posted:

Benjamin or Funchess? both vs DEN

Do you have an Option C? Benjamin's on a snap count and may or may not be in game shape, while Funchess is still a mostly unknown quantity, and they're going against Denver's secondary. I'd take a hard pass on both guys this week.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

kiimo posted:

God help me. GOD HELP ME.

I just saw Demaryious Thomas catch a pass one-handed and I realized I have to have a player starting in this game.

I just inserted Thomas over Keenan Allen.

God help me.

FFS don't make lineup decisions based on pregame workouts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

xbilkis posted:

Getting shook about Spencer Ware, need a second opinion on my RB2 situation. Pick one:

Ware / Woodhead / Foster / Bernard / CMike

You may as well just stick with Ware, I don't buy the coachspeak surrounding Charmander.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Suave Fedora posted:

Let's test your might:

.5 ppr

Kelce vs SD
Bennett @ ARI

Kelce without a second thought

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Need a flex, I drafted this position almost entirely on preseason hype.

My current power ranking, .5 PPR:

Derrick Henry vs MIN
Chris Hogan @ ZONA
Tajae Sharpe vs MIN
Sammie Coates @ Racists WASH

Leaning towards Henry, tho I haven't watched any of the Titans preseason and have no idea if he's actually good or all hype.

I like Henry and own shares of him but he's not doing anything this week. You drafted a real Who's Who of longshot lottery tickets you'll probably be cutting by Week 4. Nothing wrong with having one or two of those, but you don't want an entire bench of them. Your roster will be hurting when the bye weeks come around.

That said, go with Sharpe because he's only one on this list locked into a starting role at the moment.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 11, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Malloreon posted:

6 point PaTD

I have Brady

for weeks 1-4, do I go Mariota, or cut him for Dak?

Keep Mariota

Gobias Ind. posted:

12 team, 0.5 PPR

Waffling over my flex:

Fitz vs NE
Jennings @ DAL

I've got Fitz in right now.

Stick with Fitz

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1 PPR pick 2:

1. Jordy Nelson
2. Jeremy Maclin
3. Larry Fitzgerald

Nelson and Maclin

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Varg posted:

1 PPR, pick a flex guy

TJ Yeldon vs GB
Tajae Sharpe vs Min
Will Fuller vs Chi
Kamar Aiken vs Buf

Yeldon

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Kloaked00 posted:

Standard scoring

Brees or Stafford? I feel like both are going to feast this week

I like Stafford this week but Brees falls under the Don't Sit Your Studs rule

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Just realized I'm in a super lovely situation this week. 1 PPR

Matt Jones or Thomas Rawls.

Rawls will be limited no matter how much you weirdos psychoanalyze his smile at press conferences. Jones sucks, but he's still a starter at the moment so you may as well use him now before he gets buried in a timeshare by October.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Zerilan posted:

Some last minute decisions:

Larry Fitz vs NE or Ameer Abdullah vs Colts for Flex? Half PPR.

Also Rams DST vs SF or Eagles DST vs Cle?

Also Palmer vs NE or Stafford vs Colts?

Fitz, Rams, Stafford

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Opinions on this?

Crowell, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also the Colts' defense is hot garbage and their only good CB (Vontae Davis) is injured. Stafford's gonna eat.

• Locked thread