Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

kiimo posted:

Crabtree at New Orleans Bad Secondary

or

Marvin Jones at Indianapolis Bad Secondary

Crabtree has the higher floor and is the safer pick. Marvin Jones has the higher ceiling. I don't think you can make a bad pick here but I would lean Crabtree until I see how Marvin Jones looks in the new offense.

Benne posted:

10 teams, 0 PPR, no flex

I have Dez and Evans as my top 2 WRs but need to start one more. Choose wisely.

Doug Baldwin vs MIA
Marvin Jones @ IND
DeSean Jackson vs PIT

I like Doug Baldwin vs. MIA personally because Miami has a pbad secondary. Jones would be my second pick but he carries risk since its a new team new offense, even though he is certainly talented.

ScarTheKiller posted:

Standard 12 team league with where I don't have to start a tight end. Got Charles and don't have Ware so I have a spot open. I currently have starting...

Starting :

RB:Lamar Miller RB v CHI
RB:Ryan Mathews RB v Cleveland
WR:Mike Evans @ ATL
WR:Brandon Marshall v CIN
Flex/TE:Coby Fleener v OAK

Bench:

RB: Ameer Abdullah @IND
RB: Isaiah Crowell @PHI
WR:Julian Edelman @ARI
WR:Michael Floyd v NE
WR:Jarvis Landry @SEA

My question is should I stay with Mathews as my second RB? Or should I go with Abullah? Also I feel pretty good about my starting WRs, But should I slot in someone else in Fleeners spot or am I good there?

I would definitely keep Mathews in over Abdullah. Mathews is actually a good runner despite being fragile and Abdullah hasn't shown enough yet. I would probably go Michael Floyd over Fleener for the flex spot.

Q_res posted:

10 team, No PPR

Not sure who to go with at TE or WR. Fairly sure I'm on the right track with my Flex. Obviously not touching my starting QB or RBs.

Probably can flip a coin on the TE situation. I think Ebron has the better matchup but Gates is the better player. Flex Ware as long as JC is not going to play, otherwise I would flex Michael Floyd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Ok now for my question which I think I know the answer to for my flex position, 0.5PPR.

Kelvin Benjamin @ DEN
Marvin Jones @ IND

Leaning Jones here because I have been reading about KB's conditioning and that he may be on a snap count Week 1? And then just now I watched a video with someone saying that the conditioning thing is overblown and part of his recovery is getting back into football shape and he should be good Week 1.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

need some QB help

I can start Dalton vs NYJ or I can pick up and start Osweiler against CHI.

Picking up Osweiler means dropping Dalton or one of my bench:

L. Fitz
V. Jackson
C. Sims
D. Washington
K. Stills
W. Fuller

Do not drop Andy Dalton for Brock Osweiler. W. Fuller is droppable, but I really don't think you are helping yourself by starting Osweiler over Dalton.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

I dont want to drop Dalton, but im wondering if Ozzie is a one time play against a horrendous bears team.

I think its a risky play to start a really young QB on a new team in a new offense in the 1st game of the season, even if the matchup looks good. I see where you are coming from though because not only does Osweiler have a tasty matchup, Dalton goes against a really good Jets D on the road. I just see the Texans leaning heavily on the run-game from the start.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Thanks, that is what I was thinking as well.

One more question on receivers, pick 2 of these 3.

Marvin Jones
Doug Baldwin
Michael Floyd

I think Baldwin is a lock against MIA, but can't decide between Jones and Floyd.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Thanks, that is what I was thinking as well.

One more question on receivers, pick 2 of these 3.

Marvin Jones
Doug Baldwin
Michael Floyd

I think Baldwin is a lock against MIA, but can't decide between Jones and Floyd.

Asking again, forgot to mention Full PPR.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Plank Walker posted:

0.5 PPR - Need a Flex out of the following guys:

Doug Baldwin vs MIA
Jeremy Langford vs HOU
Michael Crabtree vs NO

Leaning Baldwin at the moment

I would go Baldwin, but Crabtree is also a solid option because that game should be a shootout.

smoothitron posted:

Any thoughts here?

Definitely Maclin. Ware if JC is ruled out, Murray in case JC plays.

Mountainham posted:

I've never played but the Australian fantasy season is over and I can't take a break, please help. 0 PPR, 2 QB, 10 teams.

No idea about flex or receivers (Murray and Elliot starting RB):

WR M Floyd v NE
WR M Evans v ATL
FLEX S Ware v SD

Bench:

RB J Stewart v DEN
WR E Sanders v CAR
RB D Murray v MIN
WR L Fitzgerald v NE

Stand pat with what you have right now, but keep an eye on Ware and if JC is going to suit up. I would probably flex Murray in that case.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

RAR! posted:

0.5 ppr

Jeremy Maclin v SD
or
Tyler Lockett v MIA

I'm wondering if I should gamble Lockett over Maclin. Maclin seems like a safer bet but I'm worried about KC being comfortable with running. Lockett probably won't get many looks but can make the big plays. I think these things because I'm bad at this.

Maclin no question. You would be banking on Lockett making a big play vs. the certainty of Maclin getting targets.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

railroad terror posted:

Oops accidentally sat kelvin benjamin

DSYS everyone

I did the same, but I sat him for Marvin Jones who should put up some decent numbers in the IND/DET shootout. Already making poor decisions and its only week 1, welcome back everyone!

Does anyone know a site that makes it easy to view a players snap count for a particular game?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Spoeank posted:

They're in PFR's box scores.

Thanks!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

coronaball posted:

I guess Shepard is the choice.

I hope this is a very large league, it's not a good sign that these are your choices for week 1.

Why are both of you brushing off Bilal Powell? I would bet on him having more receiving yards than Sterling Shepard and he will also run the ball a few times at least. I think its literally anyone's guess what Separd will do in his first game as a rookie and I really wouldn't be willing to risk that.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Vargo posted:

It's a 12-person league and I drafted 7th. I was hoping to ride on my core of Rodgers, Jordy, and Gronk, but one of those guys is down now, so I'm streaming TEs.

Would you consider Powell worth a start over, say, Matt Jones?

I mean I hate Matt Jones and he still isn't for sure going to play on Monday, which makes the decision even tougher. In any PPR format I would probably go with Powell, but in standard it isn't as clear-cut. I would probably lean Matt Jones simply due to having more opportunity as the lead back, even though he sucks and has fumblitis.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

VietCampo posted:

I'm still sitting here scratching my head on if i should start Jarvis Landry or Golden Tate in full PPR.

I'm leaning Tate due to Landry playing Seattle, but I can't fully commit.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but Seattle tends to give up the short passes to WRs because their defense focuses on eliminating big plays. This could work in Landry's favor as the Dolphins love those short passes to Landry to try and get him in space. Landry won't have a huge game yardage wise but I could see him catching a bunch of short passes to give him a solid floor. This has been his MO on the Dolphins.

Golden Tate has a much higher ceiling because the IND/DET game isn't featuring an actual Defense on either team. But there is more competition in DET with Marvin Jones and Eric Ebron.

I think Tate has an edge due to matchup but I wouldn't put it past Landry to put up a solid 10-15 points.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

icehewk posted:

Cmike or Duke Johnson in PPR?

Duke Johnson without any doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Pews posted:

Because JC will not be playing I need to pick two of these in .5 PPR:

Rashad Jennings @ DAL
Frank Gore vs DET
Duke Johnson @ PHI

This is a really tough call. I am all about Frank Gore and will only doubt him when he shows any signs of falling off, which he hasn't.

For ceiling I would go Gore and Jennings. For floor I would go Gore and Johnson.

This is coming from a 49ers homer whose only solace was Frank Gore.

• Locked thread