Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
google THIS

I Was The Fury posted:

Before I got fired from the writing team for titanic, the door scene was originally:
"Rose: I'll never let you go, Jack.
Jack: Thank you.
the Titanic 2, which was launched 2 hours after the original titanic pulls up alongside them
T2 captain: hey you two, need a lift?
Jack and Rose: you bet, mister!
Jack and Rose board the ship and enter the ballroom, where every character is singing and dancing for the final musical number: Tubthumping, as performed by Chumbawumba. The Heart of the Ocean necklace magically lifts in front of a spotlight and begins spinning, bathing the area in a "disco ball" effect
END SCENE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

I Was The Fury posted:

Before I got fired from the writing team for titanic, the door scene was originally:
the Titanic 2, which was launched 2 hours after the original titanic pulls up alongside them
Jack and Rose board the ship and enter the ballroom, where every character is singing and dancing for the final musical number: Tubthumping, as performed by Chumbawumba. The Heart of the Ocean necklace magically lifts in front of a spotlight and begins spinning, bathing the area in a "disco ball" effect
END SCENE"

not ashamed to admit i cried during this scene

Palpek

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

*main character dies in a freak accident with no relation to anything that happened in the movie*

alnilam

I Was The Fury posted:

END SCENE"

google THIS

protagonist's love interest: it sure is a good thing the villain is dead!

protagonist: I am very noble, so I would rather he had mended his evil ways rather than forcing me to kill him, but yes, now that he is dead, he will never hurt any more millions of jews or cause this movie to have a sequel, so that is a good thing, from a humanitarian standpoint though not a financial one

(elsewhere)

villain: (opens one eye with a metric crapton of dramatic irony)

(tubthumping by chumbawamba plays, credits roll)

FactsAreUseless

It really was the birth... of a nation.

Credits. Cue music: Respect by Aretha Franklin

alnilam

JANET: oh sweetie, i knew you'd remember what I was wearing during our wedding reception, and that the evil robot clone wouldn't know. I'm so glad that's over and the robot clone is dead.

MAX: Me too. Good thing robot clones can't read minds, right? Hahaha

JANET: Sure is. Now let's go -

MAX: to the botanical gardens?

JANET: Yes! Oh you know me so well.

MAX turns to camera and winks, a piece of his face not facing JANET lifts away to reveal cybernetic circuitry underneath. Freeze frame, cue Tubthumper by Chumbawumba, roll credits

FactsAreUseless

It is nine trillion years in the future. God looks out over the remains of his creation, cold and dead. Entropy claims everything.

Samuel L. Jackson: Welcome back, She-Hulk.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
at the end of the movie iron man shoots one of three different colored beams based on local reviews

FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

at the end of the movie iron man shoots one of three different colored beams based on local reviews
Captain America turns to the camera. "Do you think Nick Fury survived? Text FURY to 99163."

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

Captain America turns to the camera. "Do you think Nick Fury survived? Text FURY to 99163."

"Carrier charges may apply," interjects Black Widow

joke_explainer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bogart: We're going to need a bigger sleep.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
**camera pans out from MATT DAMON and pan to sky for a close up of a small red dot**

**zoom in to Mars and close up of former landing site, to grow tent and zoom to dessicated potato**

Jeff Goldblum *narrating*: Life Always finds a way...

** potato fills with a glowing green light and begins to expand and pulse**

Jeff Goldblum: Man creates rocket, man carries potato, man plants potato, it uh...

**potato now looks sickly and bloated and close to bursting**

Jeff Goldblum: It always finds a way

**a hideous, pulsating creature ruptures forth and gobbles down Jeff Goldblum**

Jeff Goldblum: Mmfff mmwzz fmmm a mmay

CREDITS

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Close Encounters of the Fourth Course

**Roy Neary is led into the mothership by the dimunitive alienlings by the hands and the hatch closes**

Roy Neary: *speechless, gazing about and especially up at the vastness of the mothership*

**the aliens continue leading Neary into the mothership, carving off pieces of his flesh and hurrying them off to the Tlielaxu ghola tanks deep within the ship**

Jeff Goldblum: What the hell, man! This is some pretty sick poo poo!

**Roy Nearys are being cloned by the thousands where they will be used to feed and power the alien and their mothership amongst the stars for eternity**

Jeff Goldblum: Guys, uh- I'm stuck here in space! Hello?

Will Smith: Sorry I couldn't be in the second ID4 man, I got lost flying around in outer space in this fly-rear end ride, speakin' of which you look like you could use one *tractor beams Jeff inside the alien craft*

Jeff Goldblum: Hell yes please! *lights up a cigar**

CREDITS

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Bad Seafood

If you must blink, do it now.
*Jeff Goldblum fighting the mastermind on a conveyor belt in an abandoned toiletries factory; Jeff looks up and sees something, ducks down; mastermind turns around, gets hit in the face by a swinging crane carrying a large porcelain tub which knocks him off the conveyor belt into another tub below which he lands in with an audible thump; the crane slips, drops the tub its carrying onto the tub on the floor, sandwiching the bad guy.*

Jeff Goldblum: "Well...there it is."

Palpek

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

*a fly goes through the final stage of transformation into Jeff Goldblum*

google THIS

poe: well, this is it, finn. the republic has been wiped out, the resistance is crumbling, a bunch of other bad stuff has probably happened since this is the second part of the trilogy, and rey has been kidnapped by the knights of ren. the only way this could get any worse is...uh-oh.

finn: don't tell me. there's another starkiller base on another planet and we have to go there and destroy it.

poe: yep.

finn: adorable native creatures?

poe: most likely.

finn: ...bring it on.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

"Good job Spaceman Goodguy, you defeated Borealis Badguy and eradicated this strange alien planet of all of his evil alien minions!"
"You might not want to congratulate me too quickly, Nebula Nancy, because I've actually been Borealis Badguy the whole time! I was just disguised! And the planet we were on was earth, and the people were humans! HAHAHAHA"
Nebula Nancy removes her space helmet, finally seeing for the first time that the visor has been tinted green, causing the alien appearance of the world around her. She begins sobbing
END CREDITS

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
"Heroine, after 90 minutes of romantic comedy banter and will-I won't-I, I have decided to crash your wedding to Chad Thundercock and declare my undying love for you! You can't marry Chad! Marry me instead!"

Chad hustles down from the alter and cold-cocks Protagonist, who gets knocked down. The guests all cheer and Chad goes back to the altar.

But wait! What's that? Cue Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. Protagonist gets up again! As Heroine is about to say "I do," Protagonist knocks down Chad with a vicious and hilarious kidney punch!

"I love you!" says Protagonist.

But wait! What's that? Cue Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. Chad gets up again! What will Heroine do? Chad and Protagonist square off for a battle royale, when Heroine turns to the camera, breaks the fourth wall, and says "I'm getting too old for this poo poo."

CUT TO a reception party with dancing and crazy antics and sight gags! Chad and Protagonist toast each other. Heroine dances. Who did she choose? Who cares - it's a happy ending!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Chuck Norris: Knock, Knock!
Justin Bieber: Who's there?
Chuck Norris: The End!

<3 <3 Vanisher

deep dish peat moss

I've been making a pretty penny in Hollywood these last few years just writing the scenes where characters wash their hands. I've done all styles, most often just a note in the screenplay like "(GWYNEVERE washes her hands)", they don't pay much but it's steady work. The real success comes when you get a few breakout lines or even pages, sometimes getting to write a blurb about a childhood memory that caused Rachel's brand loyalty to Jergens soap. I wrote a piece about James Bond not liking the powdery soap or the low-flow faucet that mixed air in the water in his hotel room and arguing with the front desk about it but it wasn't used, I think I over-reached and should have left it at the hand washing.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

"We were wrong! We were so wrong! Oh God! Shut off the power! For the love of all that's good, pull the goddamn plug!"
But it was too late. The robot had already started pooping.

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Before the advent of the professional ending writer, movies just didn't end. In fact, the very first Cannes festival is still going to this day

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

Before the advent of the professional ending writer, movies just didn't end. In fact, the very first Cannes festival is still going to this day

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FactsAreUseless

Journey Past The Moon And Into Space To Drift Endlessly

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

FactsAreUseless posted:

Journey Past The Moon And Into Space To Drift Endlessly

i love the part after they land the rocket on the moon's face, where a reel of unexposed film loops endlessly and the speckles and dust upon it enthralls the french audience, who feel as though they are really travelling through space, sitting, transfixed, for untold centuries, swept away from their baser human functions. two thumbs up

~sig~

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

diary of richard 'Richie Яich' linklater, age 42
day 1: today i started work on a movie. it's about a boy.
year 1: still working on the movie
year 2: still working on the movie
year 3: still working on the movie
year 4: working on the movie, still
year 5: the cast and crew had an intervention today asking me to stop working on the movie. still working on the movie
year 6: still working on the movie
year 7: took a break this year and made another movie. still working on the movie
year 8: still working on the movie. this is getting a little weird
year 9: still working on the movie plus i pray for death
year 10: still working on the movie
year 11: i guess everybody on set already figured this out and i feel like a huge idiot. guess i forgot to buy an ending for the screenplay. explains everything. gently caress it

~sig~

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

rosanna arquette: nuke the boy from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!!!!

~sig~

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

diary of richard 'Richie Яich' linklater, age 42
day 1: today i started work on a movie. it's about a boy.
year 1: still working on the movie
year 2: still working on the movie
year 3: still working on the movie
year 4: working on the movie, still
year 5: the cast and crew had an intervention today asking me to stop working on the movie. still working on the movie
year 6: still working on the movie
year 7: took a break this year and made another movie. still working on the movie
year 8: still working on the movie. this is getting a little weird
year 9: still working on the movie plus i pray for death
year 10: still working on the movie
year 11: i guess everybody on set already figured this out and i feel like a huge idiot. guess i forgot to buy an ending for the screenplay. explains everything. gently caress it

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

mfw i finished watching the 'boyhood' directors cut

~sig~

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
BAD GUY has hero at gunpoint
BAD GUY: one last thing... do you have stairs in your house?
HERO: no...
A smile creeps across his face
HERO: I'm protected
Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who begins to play, followed by a hard cut to Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba as the credits roll

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
our hero falls down to the floor, seemingly beaten
Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba stars playing
our hero is still laying there
director of the movie walks out and ask "is there a doctor in the audience?!"

I Was The Fury

The coach gives his inspirational speech at halftime of the first game, where Under High's football team, "Dogs" have been playing like garbage. The speech, while inspirational, is pretty insulting. This causes the players to have a set look of determination as they head back onto the field. A montage begins, backed by Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba. You see the standard sports montage stuff, of games slowly becoming less one sided and the Under Dogs are becoming better and better. As part of the montage you see that they are now playing the final game of the season, you see the scoreboard showing them losing by 1 point as the clock ticks towards zero, and you see the final score of them winning by 30 points. All as part of a montage. The credits begin to roll, as Tubthumpin cuts out and Tubthumpin starts in again, starting over for the credits.

I Was The Fury

A movie that is literally just a music video for Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

I Was The Fury posted:

A movie that is literally just a music video for Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba

Jodorowsky's Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba

Music Theory

Samuel L. Jackson: Welcome back, Godot.

alnilam

Music Theory posted:

haha

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Music Theory posted:

Perfect.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

Music Theory posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

• Locked thread