Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless

The guy who writes the post-credits scenes in superhero movies where characters look at a comics thing and say "what is it" or "oh my god" or "this just got real."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

Detective 1: Looks like some kind of fireworks display.

Detective 2: Yeah, a real summer... Jubilee.

Audience: [goes completely loving nuts, people shouting poo poo like "oh my god Jubilee is in the next movie, it's Jubilee, they're gonna have Jubilee in it, I can't loving believe this" but they don't calm down, instead just getting crazier and crazier, marching in the streets with giant Jubilee flags and putting every single person from New Orleans into camps because "gently caress that stupid poser Gambit I hate him" and within a decade America is being occupied by an elite military peacekeeping force from countries all around the world and soon there is a tense but productive world peace]

FactsAreUseless

A group of guerilla filmmakers keep following Hugh Jackman around Bowfinger-style so they can put Wolverine in the post-credits scenes in their movies, and everyone wonders why Wolverine keeps showing up to go grocery shopping or drink coffee in movies now but whatever, that's just superheroes I guess.

FactsAreUseless

the hella epic 2016 Bowfinger reference

FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

wolverine sails up to the edge of the water and discoveres it's all an elaborate set
Jim Carrey shows up at the end of Justice League Part 2 and everyone wonders if he's supposed to be the Riddler from Batman Forever or if it's just Jim Carrey playing himself or what the deal is, and all the characters are making a huge loving thing out of it, like they keep talking loudly about how happy they are that he's here, but again they aren't saying who exactly he's supposed to be.

FactsAreUseless

*every single character from every superhero movie, comic, and tv show comes in for a HUGE post-credits scene*

FactsAreUseless

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

jan., 1942: the president of warner brothers pats gross dude on the back. "gross dude," he says, "i think this is the ending of a very beautiful movie."
Humphrey Bogart famously ended every single one of his movies by saying "We're going to need a bigger boat" but it always got cut because nobody knew what he meant.

FactsAreUseless

I hated the ending of Snowpiercer where the train just kept spinning around really fast and you couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a dream or not.

FactsAreUseless

The film adaptation of Catch-22 ends much like the book, but in the original script, Yossarian meets Steve McQueen and they ride motorcycles together.

FactsAreUseless

Bogart: We're going to need a bigger sleep.

FactsAreUseless

It really was the birth... of a nation.

Credits. Cue music: Respect by Aretha Franklin

FactsAreUseless

It is nine trillion years in the future. God looks out over the remains of his creation, cold and dead. Entropy claims everything.

Samuel L. Jackson: Welcome back, She-Hulk.

FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

at the end of the movie iron man shoots one of three different colored beams based on local reviews
Captain America turns to the camera. "Do you think Nick Fury survived? Text FURY to 99163."

FactsAreUseless

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

Before the advent of the professional ending writer, movies just didn't end. In fact, the very first Cannes festival is still going to this day
Journey Past The Moon And Into Space To Drift Endlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

For the first time in ten years, Sgt. Al Powell reached for his pistol. The world felt slow, oozing, as he saw the man with the rifle step out from the crowd. His friend John was in trouble. He pulled the gun from its holster. In his head, he could hear music. Quietly, hidden behind the rush of blood in his ears. Then louder, fading in as he pulled the trigger.

Cue: Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. Powell and McClane high-five while Holly Genero-McClane sings the backup bit, about "pissing the night away." Argyle DJs.

• Locked thread