Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
POLICE SERGEANT: We managed to find a photograph of the guy who did the crimes, Gunther.
GUNTHER: Enough with the chit-chat, sergeant! I've been working this case for five years. I deserve to know!

POLICE SERGEANT shows GUNTHER the photograph. It is a photograph of GUNTHER.

GUNTHER: Nooooooooo!

[FIN]

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
RESTAURANT CRITIC: Never in my life have I had a meal as exquisite as this one. Your dead father would be very proud of what you've accomplished here, Zoo Elephant.
ZOO ELEPHANT: [elephant noise]

FADE TO BLACK

Words on screen: NOW THE ZOO ELEPHANT DIDN'T HAVE TO LIVE AT THE ZOO ANYMORE

[END]

misty mountaintop fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 6, 2016

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Palpek posted:

*noir night scene, noir fog, noir lighting*
*two characters slowly walk away from the camera*
*suddenly Humphrey takes out a shotgun and shoots the other guy in the face*

Humphrey: This is a beginning of a beautiful friendship

*Humphrey hugs his shotgun*

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
MUSSOLINI throws his hat on the ground and stomps on it.

JOHN HENRY: We did it, Autistic Boy! We made the trains run even more on time and saved the orphanage!

AUTISTIC BOY: I only care about the trains.

JOHN HENRY: Oh Autistic Boy! Don't ever change!

AUTISTIC BOY: I won't.

JOHN HENRY and THE ORPHANS laugh. In the background, even MUSSOLINI sees the humor in the situation and begins laughing as well. AUTISTIC BOY does not laugh. He is looking up train engines on his iPhone. Freeze Frame.

THE END

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

Before the advent of the professional ending writer, movies just didn't end. In fact, the very first Cannes festival is still going to this day

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Music Theory posted:

Samuel L. Jackson: Welcome back, Godot.

Perfect.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Solar Tornado posted:

Seeing as how you write endings i need help ending my play, in which there is a man monologing on his death-bed how his life was wasted pining for a girl that works as a secretary to one of his colleagues. Wanting her as his secretary, he murders his old one(described as a middle aged gossipy lady that is thrice divorced), and proceeds to poison the coffee of his colleague. But in an ironic twist of fate is accidentaly given to the secretary to drink, and later die.

I want to give this play a nice twist ending. Not something completely random, but more of an "a-ha" moment that could've been forseen if you were to watch it a second time.

The secretary he was pining for knew the coffee was poisoned, but drank it anyway because she had an undisclosed terminal illness and was in love with the man but knew they could never be together.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Music Theory posted:

The detective gets possessed by a demon and the story ends.

A subsequent movie just makes things more confusing.

----------------

• Locked thread