Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough
I hesitate to suggest this, but is Slenderman old hat now? IME the best low-cost way to do him is to buy a very cheap, plain white mask from a craft store, and a size G (the biggest width) Tubigrip bandage. All that's then needed is to put a curved seam across one end of the bandage. Your Slendy wears the plain mask, pulls what's effectively a giant white sock over the top, and dons an old black suit, shirt, and tie. But you need a guy who actually is tall and gangly. Works best when glimpsed only from a distance, since presumably if Slenderman ever gets you up close, something too eldritch and terminal to describe happens. And of course the adult supervisors cannot see him.

kedo posted:

Then go on the walk and pretend everything is normal. Disappear for long enough until the kids wonder where you went and then turn back up. Speak stiffly and show no emotion. Suggest a game or activity where buddies have to split up.

My other suggestion has been somewhat pre-empted by the above, but it's a fun variant. A member of the organising party leaves the group on some pretext – the easiest is that they've heard someone calling for help, or seen someone waving in distress (of course, no-one else can hear or see this). Other group leaders urge them not to go, but they're determined. The person who leaves should be wearing a hoodie that conceals their face from the side, or when their head is lowered.

Anyway, off they go on the unwise rescue mission. You wait with the group, but...nada. One minute. Two. Eventually you say, clearly attempting to stay calm, that you simply must continue the excursion, and the missing adult will surely meet up with you all later. You see nothing of them until the very end of the excursion, when you cheerfully announce that hey, there they are! And indeed, they're picking their way back towards you, head lowered.

When they raise their head, they're wearing a mask, of course. The choice of mask is up to you but I've had good results with high-quality printed stocking masks like this (though this is a UK product, and I haven't seen such good ones on Amazon US - there must be something suitably nightmarish out there):

In poor light they look 100% horrifying, and they can be carried in the pocket and put on in seconds. For a group leader to become the monster, with little warning, makes a great finale when all goes well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread