Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
As a Vikings fan lemme tell you misery loves company. Thus the Sam Bradford LMAO challenge.

History (starts midway down page): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774234&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=81

And in case I don't make it through the season, I got a gift card which I'll share with a co-leader of the challenge (see winner's gifts at end of post)

BEFORE SEASON STARTS (answers to these must be made by start of season, if you are entering late your total for these answers is 50% of max)

1) Sam Bradford will play [ X ] games this season, where "play" is defined as making a single COMPLETED pass during the course of the game (32pts max, number of points depend on how close answer is with each game counting as 2 points. For example if I guess 6 games and he plays 9, I'd get 26 points from this answer)

2) Sam Bradford will miss a game due to the following reason (25pts, can select as many as desired however it halves/multiplies your points. If you choose two and only one of your two choices occurs, you get 12.5 points. If both choices occur, you'd get 50pts)
a) Injury on-field
b) Injury off-field
c) No Injury
d) Benched in favor of other QB (can only be used as an adder w/ injury guess)
c) Cut from team
d) Traded
e) [ Fill in Answer ]

3) Sam Bradford LMAO's top three choices of best "in-season" Steak photo (see below for more info), points 20, 15, 10 for places.

DURING SEASON -- Each of these can be answered every week Sam Bradford "plays". If Bradford does not play no points are awarded.

1) Completion % during play--10 points, each 1% off up or down results in deduction of a point. If you're off by 10% you get zero points.

2) Quarterback rating--10 points, each 1% off up or down results in deduction of a point. If you're off by 10% you get zero points.

3) Interceptions--10 Points, only get them if correct.

4) SUNDAY DOUBLER - Bet ANY amount of current points you have currently accumulated before the game starts that Bradford will be pulled out of the game for an injury for at least 4 Viking possessions. If you win your bet is doubled. If you lose you retain zero of the bet points.

5) Sam Bradford LMAO appreciation station: Post an image of a cooked steak with Sam Bradford playing during the game time on TV in the background +10 points (can only use once during season)

WINNERS:
1st Place - H.F.'s Outstanding Flat Iron Steak Choice, 7 Ounce (Pack of 4) (https://www.amazon.com/H-F-s-Outsta.../dp/B0199STK4A/)
2nd Place - Jack Link's Premium Cuts Beef Steak, Original, 1-Ounce (Pack of 12) (https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Links-P...e/dp/B00QGHE6HY)
3rd Place - Avatar of choice for individual of choice which includes steak in some way, shape, or form.

SPREADSHEET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10WQr_p_sVhBVoEdGOUqhE2VeO9-92Z2_yAwDaHw8YmU/edit?usp=sharing

c0ldfuse fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Quick note that I need someone else to help me run this in case I get busy at work or something. Also if you can help by self scoring quoting your original post and doing the math after each game I'd love you forever--it really cuts down on amount of work I need to do.

1) Games - 7 (going to get destroyed due to our terrible o-line)
2) Injury on field, Adding a rider that it is due to a Vikings player either falling on him running into him etc

Game 1:
1) 45% completion
2) 78 rating
3) 2 INT

EDIT: editing after making an adjustment to game, note edit time.

c0ldfuse fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 6, 2016

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

1) 9 games
2) a) Injury on field b) benched in favor of other QB (that didn't appear to be a choice)

Game 1:
1) 53%
2) 81
3) 2 INT

I could probably set up the score sheet so it scores automatically.

edit: i changed my guess for 1-1, is that OK?

Yeah, PM me your gmail/fbook handle or whatever, I'll add you to edit list.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Everyone is in spreadsheet who have posted.

NotWearingPants posted:

1) 11 games
2) Injury on field

He's not playing week 1 is he?
There is no way he doesn't go out week 1 after what we traded for him. Feel free to edit your post provided edit time is before G1 kickoff.

You can only score points if he plays. If he doesn't play it's zeros across the board.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

2) a) Injury on field b) benched in favor of other QB (that didn't appear to be a choice)

Added to Op.

c0ldfuse fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 6, 2016

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

You really should have called the thread The Bradford Exchange.

Mods please change.

Almost done updating. Keep 'em coming.

Brannock posted:

*: I assume you mean passer rating, but if you mean ESPN's QBR then let us know.
Yup.

c0ldfuse fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 9, 2016

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Everyone is up to date in spreadsheet.

I'm looking forward to seeing some good steaks as well.

Going to be doing a steak oscar style week 2 so SBLMAO better not gently caress it up g1.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

In light of this I'll give a does not take a single snap option for first game change if anyone wants it for 20 points. However if he does take a snap you get -20.

Offer good until kickoff.

If you bet numbers for game 1 and he doesn't play you don't lose anything.

I'd take a good look at our preseason tapes before you bet he doesn't come in.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I'm not entirely sure why d can't be used standalone.

You can bet whatever you want.

THIS IS A HIGH (HEAT) STEAKS GAME.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

axeil posted:

If someone picks he never plays and he truly never plays they should win by default.

Agreed?

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Ever or for tomorrow?

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

I called it first! I should get a single point for that.

I'll ALLOW IT.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

c0ldfuse posted:

Quick note that I need someone else to help me run this in case I get busy at work or something. Also if you can help by self scoring quoting your original post and doing the math after each game I'd love you forever--it really cuts down on amount of work I need to do.

1) Games - 7 (going to get destroyed due to our terrible o-line)
2) Injury on field, Adding a rider that it is due to a Vikings player either falling on him running into him etc

Game 1:
1) 45% completion
2) 78 rating
3) 2 INT

EDIT: editing after making an adjustment to game, note edit time.

Let's let it ride motha fffffffff

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

axeil posted:

Sam Bradford is currently in the locker room getting x-rays on his hand. It is 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter of his first game.

:laffo:

:LeftHandAlert:

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

I'll be updating all the data on Saturday, keep them bets coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Keeping it rolling with my standard bet.

• Locked thread