Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Hogge Wild posted:

the snake was awesome

this one was good too:

How come viking gourd is allowed, but african influenced gourds are not?

That's racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

walgreenslatino posted:

Lol I know where you live OP, or at least where you attend gourd festivals. You see, I also attended this gourd gathering...

Any insights on that snake gourd?

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Klyith posted:

i feel like starting out with a gourd that looks like a snake is cheating

like if i found a gourd shaped exactly like richard nixon's head, i should not be allowed to enter it to the gourd carving contest unless i carved it to look like LBJ, Gerald Ford, or Obama. I guess not obama though since that would be african influence.

It was bugging me, it turns out "snake gourds" are a thing. And yeah, they look pretty snake like.

There was probably some skill involved in growing a particularly long and snake-shaped version of the gourd for painting. Apparently that's okay to do, because goose gourd guy did the same thing.

corn in the bible posted:

Oh yeah here's one more picture I forgot to post.

Goose gourd! Also in the back you can see the gourd necklace which won Best Wearable Gourd

That goose is probably just a swan gourd.

Luckily there are some brave visionaries out there who don't do the obvious thing and make snakes from snake gourds, and birds from swan gourds.

Snake from swan gourd. :monocle:

• Locked thread