Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

reignofevil posted:

I am pretty sure we should just make laws against advertising OP. I feel like it was a fine experiment but honestly the privilege has been abused and we should probably go back to a world where every surface we own ISN'T plastered with some commandment to buy poo poo and then see if we like it for half a decade or so.

I'd say, okay the Constitution has laws that say people get free speech. There's nowhere that says corporations are people, so who the Hell thinks corporations get free speech? (Corporations = People is dumb unconstitutional bullshit, the Constitution doesn't say for example that the East India Company totally counts as five thirds of a person.) So now the solution is to say corporations can have ads but each ad has to have a person's signature on it and then treat that ad as a check. If I write Wal-Mart a check that says I agree to pay them four hundred bucks for clothes, food, and guns, then that check turns out bad, I can be fined thousands of dollars and thrown in jail. So if Wal-Mart has a misleading ad or SomethingAwful runs an ad that installs BonziBuddy on my avatar, Sam Walton or Lowtax or whoever goes to jail as though they had wrote a bad check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread