Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i was home schooled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

oh gently caress yeah

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Around 140. I think there was some white trash girl who dropped out knocked up the previous year. It's never occurred to me before, but a graduation ceremony for a class of 1000 must be a goddamn nightmare.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
600-700 or so forgot the exact number. only 2 people that I knew of got pregnant, only 1 of those kept the baby.

Although at the actual graduation itself I remember thinking "huh I fully do not know at least a fourth of these people" because they were just never in my classes or participated in school events or whatever so the preggo number might be skewed.

Champenema posted:

It's never occurred to me before, but a graduation ceremony for a class of 1000 must be a goddamn nightmare.

I forgot exactly what the format was but they managed to knock it out in less than a couple hours, and half of that was speeches and whatever like it normally is.

iirc the seating was all arranged with the order of diplomas such that you just went up and shook a couple people's hands and got your diploma and walked off the other side of the platform and it just continuously did that until everyone got their diploma.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the crowning moment was when the ceremony got rick rolled in the middle of someone's speech/song because someone broke into the football PA system and put that poo poo on a timer the night before

was p good, even if the parents had no idea what was happening

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Iron Prince posted:

E: not joking. It's ridiculous, not even funny.

12 here mate

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Champenema posted:

Around 140. I think there was some white trash girl who dropped out knocked up the previous year. It's never occurred to me before, but a graduation ceremony for a class of 1000 must be a goddamn nightmare.

Mine took like 3 hours but only like an hour was taken by 1200 of us filing onto and off a stage. Everyone was lined up and when they called your name you were already at the foot of the stage. 10 seconds to walk, shake, walk. No biggie. Had to use a pretty big college stadium tho.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
my sixth from college on the hand had hundreds

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Mine was about 48 people. I don't think anyone was pregnant.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I had to speak at my graduation ceremony and the faculty got mad at me for making a retard joke

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a 'Government' class credit was required for graduation at my school. Some people left it until the literal last semester.

A nonzero number of people already in their robes and ready to graduate had to be pulled out of the ceremony right before it started because they didn't pass their final exam and thus had to re-take the class in the summer to get the required credit to graduate

lmao

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

How could you fail that class? A vegetable could pass that retarded government class. It's a bigger softball than shop or home ec or w/e.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dunno man there were people who didn't pass the CAHSEE either and that was literally an 8th grade level exam given to you as a sophomore

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Moridin920 posted:

dunno man there were people who didn't pass the CAHSEE either and that was literally an 8th grade level exam given to you as a sophomore

standarized tests are racist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
all the kids that failed it were white

one later went on to call a bomb threat in on the school to avoid a test (he was later arrested because he did it from a school payphone in full view of a camera lmaoooo)

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I guess I'm just bad at approximating stupidity levels, being a reasonably intelligent person who merely (if utterly) failed to apply himself.

P. sure I slept through 98% of that class and still came away with an A. That same amount of effort would have been rewarded with a C or D in a moderately taxing class (yo algebra 2!).

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
46 in the senior class, I graduated 44th and the two guys behind me flunked out. One of them shot off two of his toes in a hunting "accident" to avoid the draft (like 2 weeks before US got out of the 'nam)

Nobody knocked up that I knew of, but the principal's daughter got married and had a kid and another on the way within a year after.

Bubbletown high class of '73 reprazent!

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
A little over 500 in the class. I have no idea how many got pregnant, because once you got pregnant and the school knew, they forced you to transfer to a different school. Our school was one of those "Blue Ribbon School of Excellence" winners, and they felt that pregnant students tarnished the image of the school.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
OH MY GOD IM SO BORED

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mnemosyne posted:

A little over 500 in the class. I have no idea how many got pregnant, because once you got pregnant and the school knew, they forced you to transfer to a different school. Our school was one of those "Blue Ribbon School of Excellence" winners, and they felt that pregnant students tarnished the image of the school.

We did this too, the bad kids got sent to 'the academy' which was just another high school 3 blocks away for keeping those kids in. Dunno if being pregnant would be enough to qualify but if you had really lovely grades or got in enough trouble or got caught with drugs that's where you went.

Gotta keep the numbers up lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Started at around 1000, ended at like 850 or so

still better than average for Texas

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

30-something. 0 pregnant.
I thought my class was small, but then I met people from west Nebraska and those kinds of places with classes of only 12-10.
Blew my mind.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I had 27 in mine.

I still have yet to attend an academic graduation ceremony for myself :ohdear:

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
i graduated with a class 1000. no pregnancies as far as im concerned. but it was full of asians so imagine a graduation full of nguyens and singhs

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
About 100 kids, only one pregnancy. We'll try harder next time.

skellycakes
Dec 2, 2005

mediocre!
Around 1200, I think. No one was pregnant because they shipped pregnant girls off to the "alternative school" as soon as the pregnancy was made aware to the staff/the girls started showing so as not to damage the school's reputation.

Some kid got through the entirety of Return of the King on a portable DVD player he smuggled under his robes during our graduation ceremony. :v:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

skellycakes posted:

Around 1200, I think. No one was pregnant because they shipped pregnant girls off to the "alternative school" as soon as the pregnancy was made aware to the staff/the girls started showing so as not to damage the school's reputation.

Some kid got through the entirety of Return of the King on a portable DVD player he smuggled under his robes during our graduation ceremony. :v:

I was in the pregnant girl dumping school

It's funny to me that anyone would give a poo poo, get a life suburban moms

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

radiatinglines posted:

What's even worse is that there was one older, male teacher who was inappropriately touchy with EVERY girl who came through his classes (including myself). Girls talked about it all the time, and I would even hear them making comments about how the only girls he never touched were the ones in Special Ed. I would hear them talking and think "WTF, this school has more than 2,000 students, every single one of them knows this guy does this, and nobody says anything?" So I reported it.

I first went to my guidance counselor, and the first thing out of her mouth was "It's Audlin, isn't it?" I asked her how she knew, and she said there had been a trial over it a few years back. Yet the guy was still employed. So I continued with my report and had to talk to the police and social services. The only thing that happened is that they told him that I reported him, so he stopped touching me and only me.

Ten years later, my cousin attended the school and he was still there. And still touching. drat all those horrible teenage tramps sullying our beautiful school, but an adult child molester? Totally fine.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey my school had a 'let me give all the girls in class a back rub' guy too. He got fired for that about a year after I graduated though. It was super loving weird.

Like we'd all just be reading silently and he'd walk around giving the hot freshman girls (since I was also a freshman at the time I am allowed to say that I think?) back rubs randomly

Also the photography teacher got fired for being too forward with the Senior girls in his class. I didn't know him or take any of his classes though.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Oh hey my school had a 'let me give all the girls in class a back rub' guy too. He got fired for that about a year after I graduated though. It was super loving weird.

Like we'd all just be reading silently and he'd walk around giving the hot freshman girls (since I was also a freshman at the time I am allowed to say that I think?) back rubs randomly

Also the photography teacher got fired for being too forward with the Senior girls in his class. I didn't know him or take any of his classes though.

Sounds like he had the right idea. I should look into getting my teaching license so I can get those hot High School girls to be my waifu.

It is kinda scary if you think about it though :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean he still got away with it for like 5 years at the very least (not counting the time he was there before I got there, which def was a few years too) and who knows what else he was doing while not in the middle of class.

skellycakes
Dec 2, 2005

mediocre!

radiatinglines posted:

Were you a pregnant girl, or were you heavy into drugs and bad at hiding it, or were one of the staggering six kids who were involved in a fight any given year? (Seriously, no one started fights at my school ever; they were too terrified to). Those were the things got you sent to THE BAD SCHOOL.

Suburban moms are the worst, especially when they are wealthy af and barred out to the point of being almost feral.

(Also I dig your icon, that's one of my favorite movies.)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Takane posted:

420 students

Ah nice, the "weed" number, of students.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Three hundred and change, only three were pregnant or moms iirc.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
All I know is that it was twelve God drat years ago.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

Oh hey my school had a 'let me give all the girls in class a back rub' guy too.

This guy went beyond that. He would put his hand on your butt, or your upper thigh while talking to you, if he could find a way to finagle it.

I'm sure he probably found ways to touch boobs too, but I can't say for sure since he never touched mine.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
lol if you didnt knock a girl up in highschool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Twenty-nine in my graduating class, no moms or dads or pregos.

Jastiger, do I get bonus points since I was educated in the shadow of Des Moines?

Almost forgot, my son's best friend moved to some poo poo hole in Kansas (I know it's redundant) and graduated in a class of four.

• Locked thread