Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I have a tattoo of a pair of angel wings over a banner with the words "There is nothing sadder than a Bad Roast" on my left shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
There Is Nothing Sadder Than a Bad Roast.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i dont really get half of these and I dont know who ann coulter is

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i dont really get half of these and I dont know who ann coulter is

She's the person who tried to roast.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I was wondering why there was some editorial in The Atlantic about how Comedy Central needs to stop doing roasts forever. Mystery solved.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
woah woah whos boobs are those? is that jewel? have they always been like that?? why isn't there a thread about this?

mods?????

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Spade's dig at Jewel at the start, " Jewel has to leave after the show, but her tooth can hang around."

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
No lie I thought Jewel was Jennifer Lawrence when I first saw her. There's like a 20 year age spread between them, too.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I watched David Spade and Adam Sandler in "the Do-over" on Netflix and that movie was not very good.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
drat jewel aged like fine wine

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Dave Concepcion posted:

drat jewel aged like fine wine

Inside a barrel in a french basement?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cuck cuck im gay posted:

I found a transcript of her actual jokes but try to find a vid if you can

“As a right-wing hatemonger, it’s fantastic to be at a big Hollywood shindig with all these glittering celebrities, that isn’t a fundraiser for Obama!”
“David [Spade] is the perfect roast-master for the show. He’s successful enough that everyone knows who he is, but not so successful that he makes us feel threatened. He’s like the Mike Pence of comedy.”
“If I could get just one person here to vote for Trump, it would be you, Ralph [Macchio]. People would be so surprised. I’d go up and say, ‘I got Ralph Macchio, he’s voting for Donald Trump.’ And they’d say, ‘Oh what a shock! Ralph is still alive???’ Just kidding, you look totally fantastic, it’s unbelievable, Ralph. Can you believe this guy is like 54? He looks incredible. Whatever you’ve been drinking, you’ve gotta send a few cases to Hillary.”
“I’m honored to share this stage with a patriot, Rob Riggle, thank you for your service. You were a Marine for over 20 years, you’ve seen things no man should have seen, including ‘The Daily Show’ with Trevor Noah.”
“Peyton Manning, I applaud your conservative convictions, I know you’re a big supporter of Jeb Bush. That’s a political contribution that will pay handsomely. Jeb got four delegates, which makes me laugh harder than any of the jokes tonight.”
“I’m a big fan of Rob Lowe’s work, especially of course the taped threesome. To this day that remains the most authentic performance I have ever seen at a Democratic National Convention.”

The Pence one is kind of funny, but like all conservative human garbage (of which Coulter is the proverbial Queen of) she cannot be funny

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Minimalist Program posted:

Inside a barrel in a french basement?

gently caress u that bod is legit

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Trevor Noah is remarkably toothless for a guy who lived in south africa

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Why they mean to that nice lady

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Secular Humanist posted:

Yes she was terrible. Who gives a poo poo?

Attacking somebody like Ann Coulter is not remotely edgy or brave or "necessary". We get it; you are morally outraged by the woman. Every sick burn by other comedians on her consisted of the same punchline: she is a racist. Wow! Racism is bad?? I did not know that until this brave resistance started getting vocal about it the last few years, I tell ya.

Sure, calling Ann Coulter a oval office and urging her to kill herself isn't edgy or brave, but it sure is funny. Also, nice meltdown.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Its not bad in text but it was pretty bad on TV because Trevor Noah wasn't even there so it made little sense. Nobody really made fun of anybody that wasn't there other than her.

Also someone sarcastically said "ooooh, take that Trevor Noah!!".

It also doesn't really make sense because Riggle left The Daily Show before Trevor Noah took over

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
being a hollywood liberal lets you call anybody oval office that you want, as long as the womans not also a liberal. They call it the rule of threes

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

being a hollywood liberal lets you call anybody oval office that you want, as long as the womans not also a liberal. They call it the rule of threes

You know it's the darnedest thing but I didn't get that newsletter. You mind reading off some of the highlights?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You know it's the darnedest thing but I didn't get that newsletter. You might reading off some of the highlights?

They call it the rule of threees, maybe google can help you out

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Minimalist Program posted:

I'm reading these roasts and they're making me do a very long, drawn out and strained "heh" that comes mostly thru my teeth.

Now imagine someone reading them in a deadpan and mushmouthing every three words, add some crickets for background noise, and that gives you an idea of how they were spoken

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
If they renamed them "toasts" maybe they would be more appealing, has anyone thought of this

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ann Coulter is the greatest performance artist of our generation.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
The last few roasts have been really bad. The Mr Hollywood bits during James Franco were OK.

They had The Situation at Trump's for some reason

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Whorelord posted:

Roasts seem weird to me. Like, how often do these people actually know each other?

I mean, what relation do Anne Coulter and Jimmy Carr have to Rob Lowe?

all three are longtime connoisseurs of easy paychecks

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

How rmberaasing is it when you've made your career being the nastiest person in America and then you get completely owned by Jewel?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

roymorrison posted:

woah woah whos boobs are those? is that jewel? have they always been like that?? why isn't there a thread about this?

mods?????

I thought that was Jewel's whole stick? That's what separated her from the rest of the female country artists of the 90's.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
keep posting jewel i'm almost there

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Jewel is cool. She yodels and is a pretty lady and split Ann Coulter like a log. Also I bet she can split logs with an axe.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Every roast should be required by law to have Jim Jefferies in it.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
i want to bang ann coulter in her crooked unbleached rear end in a top hat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roymorrison posted:

mods?????

You have the power to fix this injustice.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Harry in Rio posted:

i want to bang ann coulter in her crooked unbleached rear end in a top hat

I got drunk one night in Kuwait and banged (who I thought was) Ann Coulter in the desert. The next morning I woke up and it was just a mummified camel carcass.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
the only funny joke was the one about [David] spades voting for trump

the rest were a complete disaster and embarrassing for her but she maybe sold a book so I doubt she cares

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cuck cuck im gay posted:

seen things no man should have seen, including ‘The Daily Show’ with Trevor Noah.”

Broken Clock is right twice a day

Show shoulda died with Stewart

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Someone should have done the "Bob Sager raped a girl in 1990" but instead with "Ann Coulter aborted and ate a viable fetus in 1990."

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I think we should get a thing going where we ironically say something awesome (but false) about a terrible person.

You know, agree or disagree with Donald Trump, I'm not going to say I agree with all his positions, but it's undeniable fact that Donald Trump killed over a hundred Nazis as a partisan in Vichy France.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

cuck cuck im gay posted:

I found a transcript of her actual jokes but try to find a vid if you can

“As a right-wing hatemonger, it’s fantastic to be at a big Hollywood shindig with all these glittering celebrities, that isn’t a fundraiser for Obama!”
“David [Spade] is the perfect roast-master for the show. He’s successful enough that everyone knows who he is, but not so successful that he makes us feel threatened. He’s like the Mike Pence of comedy.”
“If I could get just one person here to vote for Trump, it would be you, Ralph [Macchio]. People would be so surprised. I’d go up and say, ‘I got Ralph Macchio, he’s voting for Donald Trump.’ And they’d say, ‘Oh what a shock! Ralph is still alive???’ Just kidding, you look totally fantastic, it’s unbelievable, Ralph. Can you believe this guy is like 54? He looks incredible. Whatever you’ve been drinking, you’ve gotta send a few cases to Hillary.”
“I’m honored to share this stage with a patriot, Rob Riggle, thank you for your service. You were a Marine for over 20 years, you’ve seen things no man should have seen, including ‘The Daily Show’ with Trevor Noah.”
“Peyton Manning, I applaud your conservative convictions, I know you’re a big supporter of Jeb Bush. That’s a political contribution that will pay handsomely. Jeb got four delegates, which makes me laugh harder than any of the jokes tonight.”
“I’m a big fan of Rob Lowe’s work, especially of course the taped threesome. To this day that remains the most authentic performance I have ever seen at a Democratic National Convention.”

yikes

Blazing Ownager posted:

Broken Clock is right twice a day

Show shoulda died with Stewart

agree

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
What's the difference between roast Ann Coulter and pea soup?
Anyone can roast Ann Coulter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Did they bother to say anything about Rob or was that just a front to ambush Anne? I approve if so.

• Locked thread