Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Zzulu posted:

American chain pizza is a loving disaster

please come to Sweden or Italy, places with strong pizza culture and eat real pizza instead of your garbo

I've had pizza in Italy and it was all pretty bad except one restaurant that had a wood fired oven. And even at that, the crust is really good, but other than that it wasn't that spectacular. This was also with a guide who had lived there off/on for 15 years and knew where the better stuff was.

There is a small chain called Anthony's in the US that is probably my favorite. The only one I've been to is when visiting Fort Lauderdale. They use a wood fired oven and have a pizza with sausage, red peppers and ricotta that is delicious.

Hell, I'll eat most of the scrub tier pizza except Little Caesars unless it's free. I loved Dominos growing up and it's OK now, but about 8-10 years ago it was some of the worst food I've eaten. My favorite "chain" pizza around here is Pizza King which goes by another name in other parts of the US.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Local rumor is our local Pizza Hut is closing and moving to a strip mall and will go to delivery/carry-out only. We've got one of the old 70s buildings and while the dining room leaves a bit to be desired, the pizza is usually good, but the staff is older and I don't see them making the move to the new store.

• Locked thread