Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As a white male, if I were to intentionally be racist but very badly (ask the black guy to help me with my math homework, ask the mexican if his people really all squat in the snow while calling each other "suka"...) would I be heroically deconstructing racism or would I be an oppressor doing the oppression? Does it change anything if I'm jewish-passing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

WitchFetish posted:

As a white male,
Racist. Sexist.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Tricky D posted:

The diversity officers were unable to stop the disease of microaggression. Something more extreme was needed, so the megacities created the diversity judges. They were empowered to seek out microaggressions and act as judge, jury, and executioner.

Citizens of Geebees, this is Judge Beard. In case you losers have forgotten, this message board operates under the same rules of the rest of the Internet. Lowtax is not the law. I AM THE LAW. Lowtax is a common criminal, guilty of murdering good taste, guilty of the manufacture and distribution of subpar frontpage content, and as of now under sentence of 6 hours probation. Any who obstruct me in carrying out my doody will be treated as an accessory to his crimes. You have been warned. And as for you, Lowtax, judgement time.

Judge Beard to Central. Yeah, I'm gonna need some backup from the transgender community on this.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Al Cowens posted:

Racist. Sexist.

gently caress.

ok but what if (assuming this takes place at a US university) I'm a penniless recent migrant? Still racist?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WitchFetish posted:

gently caress.

ok but what if (assuming this takes place at a US university) I'm a penniless recent migrant? Still racist?

im sorry you still benefited from slavery

somehow

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
What I don't get about this is that, as a white upper middle class heterosexual male in STEM, I am p. much aware that I have it really good and better than p much everybody else; but I'm supposed to feel bad about this.. why?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Like, if a white straight rich guy goes "I'm white, straight, and rich" and a bunch of people start telling himm how cool and good his life is, why is he supposed to feel bad about that??!?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I suffre from crippling depression, gout and fear of heights.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Minimalist Program posted:

What I don't get about this is that, as a white upper middle class heterosexual male in STEM, I am p. much aware that I have it really good and better than p much everybody else; but I'm supposed to feel bad about this.. why?
Did you just utility shame????

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Simple answer op.

Are you a racist? Then no you aren't allowed to use it.

Are you not a racist? Then yeah you can say it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey look man, I ain’t fighting for no race, I ain’t redeeming nobody.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

WitchFetish posted:

gently caress.

ok but what if (assuming this takes place at a US university) I'm a penniless recent migrant?

What do you mean, as a disabled, shell shocked Syrian refugee that you didn't arrive here already fluent in the rarified jargon of intersectional feminism? oh my god i cant even

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
some guy: "I'm white and straight"

Some other guy: "wow, are you even aware of how cool and good you + your life is?"

first guy: "wow, thanks for amkign me feel bad."

I mean that isn't a real conversation. Why is some guy #1 supposed to feel bad here?? IF I meet some gal/guy who has a kickass pet or motorcycle and I tell them their pet and motorcycle is great and that its better than MY pet or motorcycle, how is that supposed to make them feel bad?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
that dog is fuckin' rad and probably isn't ashamed of how fuckin' rad it is

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Al Cowens posted:

that dog is fuckin' rad and probably isn't ashamed of how fuckin' rad it is

Imagine if you went to a chemistry lab at the university as a black bisexual woman and all the framed pictures in the halls were of the rad dog. That would be a microaggression to you, because you are not a dog.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
These college kids will grow up, have children, and impart these lessons the the next generation, and we will come full circle when a bunch of black kids start getting left out of pick up basketball games at recess and colleges will then start teaching that no game must ever be initiated without a black person present.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
How fat is the dog in relation to the bisexual black woman -- thats the important question to find the aggressions

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Christ

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
IF you are a person made of human flesh and not plastic bricks and you visit a country or land made entirely of Lego's, that's a microaggression.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

some guy: "I'm white and straight"

Some other guy: "wow, are you even aware of how cool and good you + your life is?"

first guy: "wow, thanks for amkign me feel bad."

I mean that isn't a real conversation. Why is some guy #1 supposed to feel bad here?? IF I meet some gal/guy who has a kickass pet or motorcycle and I tell them their pet and motorcycle is great and that its better than MY pet or motorcycle, how is that supposed to make them feel bad?

bc that isn't what happens lol the point is you shouldn't tell poor black people to just bootstrap and act all confused about why they can't just do what you do

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
It's essentially the legocracy's way of telling you that all prominent builders and inhabitants of the lego land were yellow lego people and not made of flesh.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

bc that isn't what happens lol the point is you shouldn't tell poor black people to just bootstrap and act all confused about why they can't just do what you do

When a black person tells me my life is really good I just nod and go heck yeah, thanks for noticing! then I ride off on my hog.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

When a black person tells me my life is really good I just nod and go heck yeah, thanks for noticing! then I ride off on my hog.

good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5b2hADJXWQ

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

RedMage129 posted:

These college kids will grow up, have children, and impart these lessons the the next generation, and we will come full circle when a bunch of black kids start getting left out of pick up basketball games at recess and colleges will then start teaching that no game must ever be initiated without a black person present.
we're already there lol. Google "ethnic safe space"

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
can i use nword if i ride a sk8board?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

can i use nword if i ride a sk8board?

If you are good at riding a skateboard and somebody tells you that you are good at riding it, and that your life is good, you must feel bad about that, because your skateboard is a microaggression. Imagine entering a chemical lab and all the pictures in the halls are pictures of skateboards, and you're a dog. That's a micro aggression.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo it's a macro aggression to shell out tuition and then be told you can't hang dog pictures

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
What is a sexy micro aggression to break the ice with at a party/fundraiser?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

If you are good at riding a skateboard and somebody tells you that you are good at riding it, and that your life is good, you must feel bad about that, because your skateboard is a microaggression. Imagine entering a chemical lab and all the pictures in the halls are pictures of skateboards, and you're a dog. That's a micro aggression.

hmmmmm... sounds like i need to change the way i am doing things so i dont hurt the feelings of others or "flip the script" if you will

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

hmmmmm... sounds like i need to change the way i am doing things so i dont hurt the feelings of others or "flip the script" if you will

Sounds like you are aware of your privilege, which is good. One time we went to visit my mother-in-law's cabin and in every room there were framed pictures of John Stamos and to me, who is not john stamos, that was micro aggressive.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
the Toilet Stamos especially, made me feel aggressed against, on a micro scale.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Mods rename me The Toilet Stamos.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
if someone is offended by black folks can they say "whats up my trigger"??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what if im offended by guns

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I remember a thread from ages ago where someone had a cry cause they got stood over on the bus because they was obliviously singing along to rap and turns out some guys took exception to a whitebread goon singing the lyrics verbatim

the consensus was; lol ur an idiot iirc

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I have replaced all pictures of Wernher von Braun with Del the Funky Homosapien. You're welcome.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Germstore posted:

I have replaced all pictures of Wernher von Braun with Del the Funky Homosapien. You're welcome.

Wernher? I hardly knew her!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i have a lot of growing up to do

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

i have a lot of growing up to do

Be aware that if you grow up, it's a micro aggression against dwarfs (the micro people).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm replacing all pictures of Isaac Newton with Dan the Automator, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

• Locked thread