Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Minimalist Program posted:

What is a sexy micro aggression to break the ice with at a party/fundraiser?

"What's long, hard and life changing? All those who answered 'learning to identify your priviledge' are welcome to join our intersectional race/gender studies while all those who answered 'a fat friend of the family dick' are welcome to join Kappa Lambda Phi! " is what our Dean often used to start his speeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

WitchFetish posted:

"What's long, hard and life changing? All those who answered 'learning to identify your priviledge' are welcome to join our intersectional race/gender studies while all those who answered 'a fat friend of the family dick' are welcome to join Kappa Lambda Phi! " is what our Dean often used to start his speeches.

Ha haha ha. But for real: it sounds like that Dean had a lot of growing up to do...

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm leaving all the pictures of Albert Einstein, but I'm helpfully labeling them "this guy is a jew." Max Planck is being replaced by Lena Headey.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like people who care about this type of poo poo have never spent any significant time overseas.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Where's that dumb goon who was trying really hard to convince us that this Tumblr poo poo won't spill into the real world ? Yeah it's "only some liberal college, relax" now, but all these kids will grow up expecting this poo poo now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I feel like people who care about this type of poo poo have never spent any significant time overseas.

they're like 95% bourgie idiots who couldn't care less about real struggles because they're too busy telling you how you're oppressing their particular flavor of identity

real poor people don't have time to worry about microaggressions bc they are too busy grinding out 2 jobs to make ends meet and they'd much rather get a wage increase and some health benefits than have the rich white folks be nice to them.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Or outside of the suburbs

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

It's funny when they do go and are shocked to meet Spanish speakers that have never heard of "latinx" or struggle to cope with being an actual ethnic and/or linguistic minority, sticking to their tiny expat bubbles

a bloo bloo why won't this shopkeeper get my pronouns :qq:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
let your black friends know ahead of time that you'll be singing every nigga in whatever song that comes on and they'll appreciate your forwardness for sure

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
we had some sophomore or junior college interns who were like this and HR pulled them to the side and told them to cut that poo poo out

the people in HR were black and the interns were white lmao

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My dick is a micro aggression

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

n

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

double guh

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

er

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
So, are these conferences intended for just the foreign students? Since they're the most likely to grow up in racially homogeneous communities

Like I appreciate the influx of mainland Chinese students on campus life, but not so much when they ask to touch my hair or flock to take pictures with the first black person they've ever seen irl.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the n word

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

je1 healthcare posted:

So, are these conferences intended for just the foreign students? Since they're the most likely to grow up in racially homogeneous communities

Like I appreciate the influx of mainland Chinese students on campus life, but not so much when they ask to touch my hair or flock to take pictures with the first black person they've ever seen irl.

Ask them for 5$ or something (they're probably really rich too) . If those guys in Times Square can do it why shouldn't you ?

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I could not handle being in college right now because I'm just imagining a bunch of loving white kids nodding sagely and earnestly writing down every word this lady is saying. Imagine writing a paper for this class where you even nodded in the slightest toward an opinion that smelled of dissent. ugh.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I thought that white soccer moms were the only people who listened to rap.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RedMage129 posted:

I could not handle being in college right now

don't be so offended geez

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Dregs posted:

I thought that white soccer moms were the only people who listened to rap.

You must be blind as hell
Hip-Hop is alive and well

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Imagine you're in a situation with some people of a different race, gender, sexual orientation or cultural group and don't want to say anything offensively or do any microaggressions so you hesitate for a moment to check over what you were about to say. This is a nanoaggression which is even worse because it shows you understand that you're a privileged piece of poo poo and haven't bothered to learn how to respond in this exact situation.

Also nanoaggression is my invention so please don't use without my permission.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao op, I hope America is ready to get totally destroyed by either China or India in the next 50 years cuz they're gonna be concentrating on stuff that actually matters.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Outrail posted:

Imagine you're in a situation with some people of a different race, gender, sexual orientation or cultural group and don't want to say anything offensively or do any microaggressions so you hesitate for a moment to check over what you were about to say. This is a nanoaggression which is even worse because it shows you understand that you're a privileged piece of poo poo and haven't bothered to learn how to respond in this exact situation.

awkward silence is a meta-aggression

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Germstore posted:

You must be blind as hell
Hip-Hop is alive and well

I just know a lot of white soccer moms ok

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Also a kiloaggression is when you oppress a minority culture but allow them to continue exist, and a megaaggression is like genocide or something.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

opus111 posted:

lmao op, I hope America is ready to get totally destroyed by either China or India in the next 50 years cuz they're gonna be concentrating on stuff that actually matters.

Laffo, China's going to be just as screwed when they finally get around to stealing our current 'academic' works.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like how none of the dipshits whining about having to be considerate of other people have actually attended the colleges they whine about and rely on a game of telephone to find progress to try and undo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

im gaye posted:

awkward silence is a meta-aggression

I didn't realize I was so oppressed.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

can i use nword if i ride a sk8board?

Yeah like you can yell it out when you bust a sweet kickflip or do some sweet thing on a vert ramp or whatever. You can say it real slowly during manuals, like stretch it out over the trick.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Niggaz wanna front, who got your back? (BIGGIE!)
Niggaz wanna flex, who got the gat? (BIGGIE!)
It ain't hard to tell I'm the east coast overdoser
Nigga you scared you're supposed to
Nigga I told ya, put fear in your heart
gently caress up the party before it even start
Pissy drunk, off the Henny and skunk
Or some brand-nubian poo poo beatin' down punks!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The planck aggression is the smallest possible aggression. For example knowing who Max Planck was is a planck aggression.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Why not maxine planck, loving shitlord?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Criticism of "you guys" is discriminatory against Midwesterners!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Make a Tumblr and post seriously about this, your new word will make the news in under a year as a real thing.

Also, I say "man, [insert high idea]" to my gf all the time. She gives 0 fucks, it's nice.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Make a Tumblr and post seriously about this, your new word will make the news in under a year as a real thing.

Also, I say "man, [insert high idea]" to my gf all the time. She gives 0 fucks, it's nice.

How about I do us all a favour and keep it quarantined here where it can't hurt anyone.

Someone else can do it, I just don't want that kind of responsibility.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Stuntman posted:

i like how none of the dipshits whining about having to be considerate of other people have actually attended the colleges they whine about and rely on a game of telephone to find progress to try and undo

man up you fuckin baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

please do not undo the progressive of being unable to say #dicksout

• Locked thread