Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Applewhite posted:

50,000 years/too covered by pubes to tell/a cave

What are you doing this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm full Neanderthal. Darnedest thing, full set of extant DNA just happened to come together. All you sapiens can suck my nuts.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Germstore posted:

I'm full Neanderthal. Darnedest thing, full set of extant DNA just happened to come together. All you sapiens can suck my nuts.

Sorry, I'm only into halfsies.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

I thought they were sapien too just not homo.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

And while we're at it "Homo Sapien" really? Like I don't think? drat.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the neanderthals were homos as well as sapiens

they just weren't double sapiens like modern homos

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Sheree Marlowe posted:

A nonverbal microaggression could be when a white woman clutches her purse as a black or Latino person approaches.

Way to assume that all white women carry purses, Sheree. Real open-minded of you.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Germstore posted:

And while we're at it "Homo Sapien" really? Like I don't think? drat.
:byewhore:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I'm the mřdern huma

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Clutching your purse when you pass a black man is a micro-aggression.
Awkwardly holding your arms because you are hyper-aware of what you are doing with your arms because you want to make sure you don't commit a micro-aggression is also a micro-aggression.
Wearing a backpack to avoid the whole situation is also a micro-aggression.
Being unaware of the entire situation and walking normally, you might as well just fill out the Title IX form on yourself.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Germstore posted:

Clutching your purse when you pass a black man is a micro-aggression.
Awkwardly holding your arms because you are hyper-aware of what you are doing with your arms because you want to make sure you don't commit a micro-aggression is also a micro-aggression.
Wearing a backpack to avoid the whole situation is also a micro-aggression.
Being unaware of the entire situation and walking normally, you might as well just fill out the Title IX form on yourself.

i actually really like how the examples always run the gamut from banal and easy to misconstrue to cartoonishly awful

-dont say "hey guys"
-dont put on a coolie hat and tell the ASIAN student you peed in the coke

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at the fun police mass voting ones to this thread

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

unpacked robinhood posted:

It was probably that dipshit with the Al-Aqsa tag showing it to their DnD superfriends

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

im gaye posted:

i actually really like how the examples always run the gamut from banal and easy to misconstrue to cartoonishly awful

-dont say "hey guys"
-dont put on a coolie hat and tell the ASIAN student you peed in the coke

The latter is a regular aggression. The corresponding micro-aggression is mentioning that you like Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

Let's counteract their shameful invasion and gall them even more by rating this a solid 5 !!

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
If twenty years of watching South Park has taught me anything it's that the truth is always in the middle, therefore I shall vote this thread a 3.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lets not delude ourselves this is still a garbage thread

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

im gaye posted:

lets not delude ourselves this is still a garbage thread

But it's our garbage ! Ours! I'll be damned if some other tribe will just waltz in here and tell us what's right and wrong

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dudes got puny junk.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

nigga crab pollock posted:

is blasting garbage rap in your car a microagression?

Years ago I was driving through DC one lovely Tuesday afternoon smoking a j and blasting "Bitches Brew" and at a light someone honked at me and it was this old black dude in the next car over. He gave me big grin and a thumbs up. I gave him one back and then the light changed and I blew a big cloud of pot smoke out the window and took off. In that moment I felt very post racial.

I also sing rap songs to myself in the shower so anyone peeping on me is gonna think I am hella racist.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
apparently if you make a harambe joke, you're a racist

hearing someone talk about harambe and immediately thinking of black people, however, is not

http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/06/umass-amherst-harambe-jokes-are-racist-m

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Internaut! posted:

hearing someone talk about harambe and immediately thinking of black people, however, is not

http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/06/umass-amherst-harambe-jokes-are-racist-m

theres totally a racial undertone to harambe but thats just like one facet of a beautiful bizarro diamond

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Internaut! posted:

That was by RAs who are just students and also idiots.

Harambe is considered everyone's bro and everyone just wants to chill with harambe but it's racist somehow to want this.

Calling black people harambes is racist though, and maybe that's what some shitters were doing in the dorms.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Didn't read thread but you can always substitute the word "neighbor" instead of the other N word and most songs still work

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

im gaye posted:

theres totally a racial undertone to harambe but thats just like one facet of a beautiful bizarro diamond

it's only racist if you make it racist, racist

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm not sure if anything has even come close to how completely the harambe meme blurs irony and sincerity.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I hate yankees posted:

it's only racist if you make it racist, racist

cool lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You can just laugh at Harambe memes and how stupid it was to bloo bloo about some ape getting shot, and it doesn't have to do with any racism's

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

notZaar posted:

You can just laugh at Harambe memes and how stupid it was to bloo bloo about some ape getting shot, and it doesn't have to do with any racism's

timing and context can color (hehe) a news story but jfc if you dolts think im trying to say one aspect of a joke informs the entirety of the humor

sex violence anarchy and cruelty are usually part and parcel of most funny poo poo

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'd unpack the knapsack but I'm afraid to let you on to the fact that I'm carrying around valuables, sorry

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Harambe's Life Matters

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My favorite part about the article is the very start where the young woman asking about using the n word starts her question off by saying that she's really afraid about asking it.

Fear of asking questions is good in higher learning.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

My favorite part about the article is the very start where the young woman asking about using the n word starts her question off by saying that she's really afraid about asking it.

Fear of asking questions is good in higher learning.

After what they did to poo Milo who can feel safe in academia anymore ? Lisa Ling will have an episode about intolerance in college on CNN soon

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Applewhite posted:

Though I do have an unusually high level of Neanderthal gene markers.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Germstore posted:

The latter is a regular aggression. The corresponding micro-aggression is mentioning that you like Breakfast at Tiffany's.

is it a micro-micro-agression to recall, you think, that you both kinda liked it?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records
Well I do, so gently caress him and gently caress you too

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Bro Dad posted:

great self own in the article:

Does this woman not know that black is a color, not a race?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Didn't read thread but you can always substitute the word "neighbor" instead of the other N word and most songs still work

Brilliant. Rated thread "5!"

Dark Juno posted:

Does this woman not know that black is a color, not a race?

Women don't know poo poo about hobbits and dwarves and poo poo.

gently caress elves though, seriously.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i refuse to call myself white for i am a slav

i dont associate with those mayonaise skinned jackals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

It's a beautiful day in this n*ggahood,
A beautiful day for a n*gga.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

It's a n*ggarly day in this beauty wood,
A n*ggarly day for a beauty.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a n*gga just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a n*ggahood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my n*gga?
Won't you please,
Won't you please?
Please won't you be my n*gga?

hmmmmmm.... doesnt seem to work the other way round though.

• Locked thread