Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Welcome to the SA iRacing thread! Where all your dreams of listening to an angry dude from Indiana can come true!

(credit to ManicJason for large parts of this post's content. Come back and race with us nerd :colbert:)

What is iRacing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKO5_hDc5JQ

iRacing is that game you heard about that costs a loving bomb with as much DLC as Train Simulator but with added rednecks running trucks with Trump stickers all over them who will absolutely blame you at the drop of a hat when they murder themselves into an insanely detailed laser-scanned wall at 200mph. The good news is their whining is impotent and you don't really need to race with them anyway.

Hyperbole aside, iRacing is hands-down the best place to race against actual humans online. At any given time of day you can most likely hop onto the website and fire up a race with at least a dozen other assholes to compete against, and on a good day you can even triple that number. If you're sure, that is.

There are a whole bunch of SA goons kicking around in the various official series, and just a few weeks of not being aggressively terrible will get you a slot in one of our teams for the 12 and 24 hour endurance events that run roughly every two months, where being a meatsack who can be awake at 5am Eastern without crashing is the minimum ability requirement.

:siren:Discord:siren:
https://discord.gg/g4PDRhM

Thread crew hangs out here pretty much exclusively, the old IRC channel is dead. Jump in to ask stupid questions. There are also usually people there willing to spot or jump into a practice.

Mumble
We've been using the Goonrathi Mumble while racing. There's a channel buried in there somewhere that has to do with turning left or Tony Stewart killing people or something. If you get lost, go to Discord.
mumble.goonrathi.com
pw: mellon

Cost
The truth is that this is a subscription-based game with loads of DLC. The good news is that you can get started for $6 for a month or $15 for three months, and all of the rookie series run free cars and tracks. Extra tracks are $15 and cars $12. Once you get out of rookies, you'll probably want to spend $12 on a car and $30 or $40 on tracks to run most of a full 12 week season. There are bulk purchase deals and occasional game credit deals to save 10-30%.

:siren: DISCOUNTS! :siren:

thegasman2000 posted:

3 month basic membership. for $5: PR-IMSA2015 or PR-SIMRACERMAG or PR-SROMG
Regular retail price: $30
Discount: $25 (83%)

3 months with the Kia Car. for $12: PR-BSRTC
Regular retail price: $41.95
Discount: $29 (71%)

3 month basic membership with the Ford GT. for $12: PR-GRIPTV or PR-RaceSpotLive
Regular retail price: $41.95
Discount: $29 (71%)

12 months basic membership for $49: PRLEAGUE12 or PRHOLIDAYHALFOFF12
Regular retail price: $99
Discount: $50 (50 %)

two year basic membership $89: PRHOLIDAYHALFOFF24
Regular retail price: $179
Discount: $89 (50%)

taken from https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/iracing-promo-codes-updated.131900/

Controls
You'll also need a steering wheel. You may be able to run a few races with a gamepad, but realistically you're going to want at least a $100 steering wheel. The best bang for buck would be a Logitech G27 that can usually be found new for $220-$250. Tyler Hudson, the reigning champion of the NASCAR-sponsored pro stock car series, uses that same wheel with a triple monitor setup, so that's the highest you should realistically aim to spend. Crazy people spend a lot more!RIP the humble G27, killed by Logitech for being too beautiful for this world. The master SA resource on wheels is over in the PC Sim Racing thread, head over there to find out what the current good poo poo is.

PC specs required
Any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer with 2+ gigs of RAM that can run a four year old game. There are lots of settings to make things as pretty as the above videos, but this game has been around for six years and can be run on almost anything. The Linux client is not officially supported, but goon ColdPie made the port and can and should be hassled about it.

Rookie series
The basic rookie cars are the Mazda MX-5 on the road side and the Street Stock on ovals.

The MX-5 cycles through Lime Rock, Summit Point, Okayama, Laguna Seca, and occasionally Charlotte's road course each week. Street Stock bounces between USA International and Charlotte. Rookie success is all about wreck avoidance. If you're going through rookies, either road or oval, the following video series is mandatory viewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsKm8irA7U

FAQ
What the hell is this Safety Rating poo poo anyway?
The license system and safety rating are what make iRacing work. Every time you are involved in an incident, you get incident points. One point for going off track, two points for spinning by yourself, and four points for crashing into another car. It is a no fault system. This means that, if you you get rear ended by someone whose cat pissed on his brake pedal, you get the same 4x that you'd get for wrecking the entire field on a race start. The system works well for a few reasons.
  • You have to drive clean to compete in higher-tier series
  • Good drivers will avoid more of the other-guy's-fault accidents than bad drivers.
  • Everyone has to deal with the same idiots at the lower levels. In fact, you'll be one of those idiots a few times. Thousands of people have gotten up to A license. It's frustrating when you have that one not-at-fault accident that kills your safety rating and ends your race on lap one, but I promise that every driver in A class has had a dozen of those moments, likely many more.
As you gain safety rating, you'll progress through the licenses from rookie, D, C, B, and A separately in oval and road racing. It's true that the most difficult cars are A class (F1 and NASCAR Sprint Cup cars,) but aiming to fly up through the licenses for the sake of progressing is a mistake. Most goons took their time progressing and settled in to one or several series along the way to A class in both road and oval. The most common series for thread posters are the Skip Barber D class road series and one of the two C class oval series (IndyCar and NASCAR trucks.) There's no real 'grind' as safety rating rises as a natural part of doing clean races so if you're racing well and getting results, your SR will rise along the way.

There are hundreds or words written about exactly how safety rating works, but the gist is that your SR will be a number from 1.0 to 4.99 with a letter. It is calculated based on your incident points per corner. D 4.0 = C 3.0 = B 2.0. Getting to 3.0 makes you eligible to promote to the next level at season's end. 4.0 will promote you immediately. 2.0 at season's end will drop you down. 1.0 will drop you immediately.

What cars/tracks are there?
There are currently 40+ cars and 70+ tracks. Membership comes with seven free cars and ten free tracks.

Is it worth trying iRacing without a wheel?
Trying? Sure. It's a lot more difficult, I'm not going to lie to you, but Bentai often runs with us in the Gooncar oval races using a pad and isn't aggressively terrible. I'd still strongly endorse a wheel as the #1 way to make your experience with the game more fun though.

How do you see other people's paint schemes?
Install Trading Paints and run it whenever you race. That's it. Yes, everyone uses this same third party tool. It's effectively an official part of the game at this point.

How do I get out of rookies?
Drive clean until your safety rating gets to 3.0. You will instantly un-rookie-ify.

What are the most popular series?
On the road side, pretty much anything with a GT3 car in it will get solid races at most times of the day. The Skip Barber series is also a perennial favourite. On the oval side of things, any of the fixed setup NASCAR series are well attended. Pretty much every available series will have at least one race with good attendance per week, info on this timeslot can be found in the relevant series forum.

Do I need to use the clutch for X car?
Unless it's the Spec Racer Ford, you probably don't need to clutch on upshifts. Downshifts depend. Here's a list of all transmission types in iRacing

Why does it take so long to get my fast repair in the pits?
By default, the game gives you new tires and fuel every pit stop, even if it's a pit stop that gave you a brand new car. Put the following into your app.ini to make iRacing default to no pit service. You'll have to manually select tires/fuel on the rare times you actually want them:
code:
[Pit Service]
autoResetPitBox=0

Vando fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
So what's this "Gooncar" thing people keep talking about?

:siren: CLICK HERE to join the incredibly cool and good league :siren:

Welcome to the most fun part of iRacing. On Sundays at around 5pm ET is where you'll find a band of merry idiots all racing together in what might charitably be called a "reasonably well-run and competent league of racers", which you can apply to join on the iRacing site here. We race the Skip Barber, and the new season starts on September 18th, though it's not an all or nothing deal, drop in for one race or several, it's cool. Tracks are a 50/50 mix of oval and road, with a focus on free tracks as much as possible but also a commitment to use any paid track we select multiple times and not discard it after just one season. This policy has notably brought us Iowa Speedway, aka the One True Gooncar Track. Buy Iowa.

Again the participation requirements amount to 'can get into the server and onto the track, consciously or otherwise', but regular 'don't be a dick' rules apply. It also helps if you can run laps without wrecking on every corner, particularly on ovals as we run with cautions on and lots of caution laps and no racing makes OhsH flat out murder a guy. Don't be that guy. On road courses you can pretty much get away with diving off onto the green bits as much as you like without really impacting other people so go ahead and suck out loud, it's fine.

As well as the regular Sunday Gooncar league races, recently we've started running races on Friday nights for "just random poo poo". This has been mostly ovals as learning ovals is quicker, so just picking up and going is easier to achieve, but there's also potential for some wackier road race options (warning: may result in buying Bathurst). We usually run between 1 and 3 shorter races on a Friday to mix things up, and <insert car> at Iowa is a strong combination. Buy Iowa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN5ubelct_o

Buy Iowa.

:siren: Current Season :siren:

(Times in UK time)

:siren: New scoring rules! :siren:

To make the championship a bit closer beyond 'who can show up to the most races', this season will have a system where a driver's three worst scores are dropped. I'll have to do this manually so if I gently caress it up yell at me, but it should be ok as it'll mostly be 'didn't show up to a race, scored 0 pts' for most people anyway. Only other caveat is that the three scores can't all be from one track type (so can't be 3 road or 3 oval, but can be any 2:1 split otherwise).

Vando fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 15, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Gooncar is mandatory and if you don't participate, you'll be banned from the thread.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Vando posted:

iRacing is that game you heard about

ITS NOT A GAME ITS A SIMULAYYTIONN!!!
/
:thesperg:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Play iRacing. It is Good and Fun.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
So I have some credits to spend, and I haven't yet bought Le Mans or Imola, but iRacing is doing their :siren:TOP SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT:siren: next week and it may involve something else to throw money at... Just make the announcement already and take my money!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Regarding Rookies - the Miata there is the ND Global MX5 now, not the old NC, and they use the old Phoenix road course now that it's free too. Oh, and you might want to add a bit about "MPR" for promotions. You can't get to A without buying at least some cars and running them in official events (either races or TT). You can sit at B4.99 forever until you run a few races in cars that will actually promote you.

Bought Le Mans with my participation bux. Yeah, it's not the greatest track in the world, but it is unique and I'm sure it'll get used everywhere for a little while. That track always trips me up on braking because I always either come in way too hot (especially Arnage) or brake way too soon (Mulsanne). The amount of leeway it gives you without a 1x is refreshing after dealing with Spa, which loving murders my SR every time.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 8, 2016

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I picked this up today thanks to the addition of vive support. Holy poo poo this is amazing. It blows pcars out of the water not just in physics but it even looks better (in a hmd). Probably the lack of bloom and motion blur and other smear your screen with grease "high end graphics".

Are there larger sales than 10-30% off? I sense a serious addiction coming on.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

honda whisperer posted:

In the past, there were semiannual sales for memberships and buy 100 credits gets 25 free, but likely not anymore. The best chance for a sale this year will be as we approach Black Friday - that may show us what kind of discounts they may offer going forward.

Be sure to plan your purchases to maximize the volume discount - until you spend as much as I have, then you automatically get 20% off all content :v:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wheelchat for noobs.

Best budget wheel: used Logitech driving force gt (DFGT) 100-160 USD
Decent wheel, it's loud and clacky but it's not a big investment if you aren't sure you want to race with. It's 10000% better than using a mouse or xbox controller (This may cut it for the first 1-2 series but after that you need a wheel. If you hate PC sim racing you can always sell the DFGT for around what you paid for it. Scout Craigslist for "PlayStation steering wheel" or "PC steering wheel" I did this one day just curious I got mine plus a stand for $75 because it was taking up space in the guys basement. I then sold it for 120 when I bought my thrustmaster. (Individual results may vary)

Best starter wheel: Thrustmaster t300rs 250-300usd
Pedals are okay but much better than the ones that come with the Driving Force GT listed above.
This wheel is a belt drive so it's smoother and less clackier/loud than current Logitech wheels in the same range. No shifter but you can add one later for $150 (Logitech shifter is 60 but is like a toy compared to the th8a) also really good pedals can be purchased for 150

Some may argue that the Logitech G29 is a good starter wheel as well, sadly many folks have had issues with Logitech drivers and windows 10 (including myself, which is part of the reason for my new wheel). When the G27 wheel was a decent price (around 200-250) it was a good buy, it had 3 pedals and a shifter. Since it has been discontinued it's price is around 350+ depending on the market. The G29 that replaces it is still a gear driven wheel, but comes with no shifter.

High end but not insane: Fanatec just released their base lineup (CSR series) which is around 500 for a setup (base rim pedals)
I really have no experience with them but Fanatec is usually regarded as the best of the "consumer" grade wheels. After this you start spending 1500+ on a base/wheel then more on pedals and sifters.

One thing to note is that not all wheel levels are created equal I found that with the t300 I could react quick enough and steer out of a slide at times.

Others may chime in because I have no experience with high end stuff but here's the advantage chart in my opinion.

Budget at $150<<<<<<<<<<$300-$500 decent wheel<<<<high end $1500+ stuff

Basically a decent wheel in the 350 is a good investment if you love racing games *ahem SIMULATIONS *ahem. A super high end direct drive won't give you the same increase as a mid-range wheel over basic. But then you can have a pissing contest about torques. A better wheel won't necessarily make you a better driver, at one time there were pro drivers running a DFGT (not sure if this is still true). You may be able to shave some tenths off here or there, or you may be able to make a move you wouldn't normally to make with a base model wheel, but you aren't going to go from last place every race to first place every race because you bought a wheel.

edit: formatting and words since I was no longer phone posting.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 8, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You need a wheel that has enough power and speed that can actually impart information from the road. Cheapo wheels don't have enough power to overpower your arms to tell you where the front wheels want to go.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

CaseFace McGee posted:

So I have some credits to spend, and I haven't yet bought Le Mans or Imola, but iRacing is doing their :siren:TOP SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT:siren: next week and it may involve something else to throw money at... Just make the announcement already and take my money!
Well I mean for what it's worth, there is no chance that the announcement is immediately available content, as all the schedules for 2016 S4 have already been announced. At best it'll be something for 2017 S1, but the community guess that seems to make the most sense right now is a new licensing agreement, which would be multiple seasons away from becoming actual content.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Agreement or dirt for 2017

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

honda whisperer posted:

I picked this up today thanks to the addition of vive support. Holy poo poo this is amazing. It blows pcars out of the water not just in physics but it even looks better (in a hmd). Probably the lack of bloom and motion blur and other smear your screen with grease "high end graphics".

Do you run into issues where looking left in the vive results in looking right in your car? I get this sometimes at the start of a session and it's annoying as hell. It also corrects itself after a bit but it can take a while.

Other than that, it's all I could hope for, so awesome to race in VR

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The only weirdness I've had was when I tired to lean way out of the car and the car moved with me.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Well I mean for what it's worth, there is no chance that the announcement is immediately available content, as all the schedules for 2016 S4 have already been announced. At best it'll be something for 2017 S1, but the community guess that seems to make the most sense right now is a new licensing agreement, which would be multiple seasons away from becoming actual content.

Here's my wacky unsubstantiated theory:

- WEC tie in championship for 2017 with BIG CASH PRIZES and sponsors and E-Sports coverage and all that poo poo, analogous to the NASCAR Peak Antifreeze Series and mirroring the real-world WEC schedule.
- this means up to date LMP1s, LMP2s and GTLMs by April next year as well as some or all of the remaining WEC tracks (rescanned Silverstone, Bahrain, Fuji, Mexico, Shanghai) scanned and released in time to match the real-world events.
- WEC have had a quiet word in some ears as part of the tie-in, so new cars might include Porsche and/or Ferrari models
- The Proto GT series for 2016 S4 will be immediately re-labelled and act as a qualifying season for the WEC (they did this for the Blancpain GT pro series when it started up)

Either that or it's 'we've scanned some short oval you've never heard of and are hyping the poo poo out of it for no particular reason'. :shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

honda whisperer posted:

The only weirdness I've had was when I tired to lean way out of the car and the car moved with me.

This is unfortunately intended. They put a box around the cockpit to prevent you from getting out of the car. Thankfully they've made it bigger than it once was so you don't hit it as much.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Cars with halo seats are annoying. Clipping into the geometry when you do a shoulder check is weird.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Reminder that it's Race of Champions time on Sunday, so the session won't show up in League Sessions as I have to do ~weird tournament things~ to do the reverse grid stuff.

Also what should we do on Friday? Iowa FRenault and Cadillac multiclass?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

when does ROC start / finish aprox? Trying to see if I can plan my day around :swoon: gooncar :swoon:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Starts at the usual time, will finish about 30-40 mins later than usual (as there's a whole extra race) depending on cautions.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

PSA: The B car race at Richmond is, in fact, official still. Joined that one not realizing it was a 125 lap race last night :pwn:

Still finagled a 5th place despite having never turned a lap at that track in that car, using the baseline setup, just by keeping my nose mostly clean (and getting lucky on a yellow after I spun to get my lap back).

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Also Le Mans is out!!!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I took a brake from sim racing / vr racing for a while. I think even though I will be road B this season I might just stick with the skip, although the lotus 79 is cool as poo poo. Also, I need to do more ovals to get out of D.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
iRacing somewhat fixed the mirror video for the rift so I set up a test recording to see how she goes. This isn't totally representative of what you get as I'm taking a section of a 1080x1200 video and stretching it to 720p. This is also just the left eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ATL6BGQJ5w

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

quote:

Listen buddy, this is a real life simulator, I spent $25,000 dollars on my sim rig to make it as realistic as possible. I've got 15 tachometers, 23 screens that show my lap times and 18 gauge clusters. I got my actual CDL to play ATS. When I played Flight Simulator X, I got my pilot’s license and played it as realistically as possible. This isn't a video game, I'm not some dumb nerd to who sits on his computer all day playing video games.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cojawfee posted:

iRacing somewhat fixed the mirror video for the rift so I set up a test recording to see how she goes. This isn't totally representative of what you get as I'm taking a section of a 1080x1200 video and stretching it to 720p. This is also just the left eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ATL6BGQJ5w

Dang, that makes me want to ditch triples and get an OR. Plus I hate all the drat desk space it takes up and having to move poo poo around and check my monitor angle every time I want to play.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

What did you just say to me you little poo poo. I"ll have you knoe i graduated atbtue top of my class as a marine sniper.

Where all your dreams of listening to an angry dude from Indiana can come true!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A heads up that there's a new feature in iRacing for force feedback. If you drive a bunch of clean laps (as in no off tracks, no hitting the wall and no hitting tall curbs), you can switch to your Graphcs Adjustments black box (F9) and at the bottom next to the FFB setting, there might be an "auto" button. If you click auto, it will set your FFB to what iRacing thinks will get you the most FFB out of your wheel without clipping under normal driving. You can hit walls and whatever if you want, but that won't give the sim a good idea of what your normal driving is like so you'll have a bunch of full bore force feedback happening that skews the rest of your lap.

This is why it's important to have a good wheel. If you have a G27 and you cranked up the FFB to get a strong wheel, it's probably just going full bore for every FFB input. Every FFB event is clipping so you get no variation aside from max FFB anytime you hit a bump. FFB that isn't clipping gives you more information about what is happening with the car and the track.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Cojawfee posted:

If you have a G27 and you cranked up the FFB to get a strong wheel, it's probably just going full bore for every FFB input. Every FFB event is clipping so you get no variation aside from max FFB anytime you hit a bump. FFB that isn't clipping gives you more information about what is happening with the car and the track.
This is vitally important information for those of you who aren't aware of it. I've always loved a heavy wheel, but in my nascent days I'd just crank FFB as high as I could because more was better. I didn't appreciate that I was actually pushing it beyond what the wheel was capable of and therefore not gaining any real information.

If you like a heavy wheel, find out where your wheel will clip and back it off just a hair.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Steve Myers just shot down the idea of an LMP1 car on Twitter. That he's mentioning COTA next week in my mind makes it almost certain it's the WEC name for ProtoGT.

https://twitter.com/iRacingMyers/status/774047923076075523

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

carb cup and pickup cup are super fun to play 3 wide showcase, how many times can you go 3 wide..
so far I've got 2nd out of 3 wide showcase, one time because it was dega and I was leading.. you never want to be leading there.

Next round coming up soon.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Daytona and Talladega super secret from a Pro Who Knows. If you can get yourself to the front of the outside line at Daytona or Talladega, you absolutely control every other car on the track. Inside line making a run? Step on it, outside line will have the run off the corner. Pace a bit much and aggressive? You can slow it down a bit. A lot happening behind you? Step on it and spread things out a bit. I don't know if there's any other spot in iRacing which can control the field quite like leading the outside line at those two tracks.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I just did my first online race in an mx-5 at summit point. This game is fantastic. I'm terrible. Didn't hit anyone though!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

honda whisperer posted:

I just did my first online race in an mx-5 at summit point. This game is fantastic. I'm terrible. Didn't hit anyone though!

Congrats, you're better than most rookies.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

njsykora posted:

Steve Myers just shot down the idea of an LMP1 car on Twitter. That he's mentioning COTA next week in my mind makes it almost certain it's the WEC name for ProtoGT.

https://twitter.com/iRacingMyers/status/774047923076075523

thats because its god drat lmp 2/prototype challenge!!!!

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Race 1: 11th in qualifying, finished 13th.
Race 2: 5th in qualifying, finished 3rd!

Winning strategy seems to be dont gently caress up and wait for them to gently caress up.

I have questions. Do offs, wrecks, or going so far afield that you ramp into a loading screen in online practice effect your ratings? What about qualifying?

Getting the off track warning seems very strict. I'm OK with this but it seemed to be about half the car in the dirt was enough.

I assume the effect on sr scales with off track - loss of control - wreck. Is this correct?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

honda whisperer posted:

:3:

quote:

Winning strategy seems to be dont gently caress up and wait for them to gently caress up.

how_to_survive_rookie_class.txt

quote:

I have questions. Do offs, wrecks, or going so far afield that you ramp into a loading screen in online practice effect your ratings? What about qualifying?

Practice, no. Qualifying, yes.

quote:

I assume the effect on sr scales with off track - loss of control - wreck. Is this correct?
Yes

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

honda whisperer posted:

You juat won at rookies

the way sr works
Each licence class gets stricter so you may be allowed 50x per 300 corners in rookies it gets lower each class you go up
In A class if I get a 2x a race I'm maybe okay for no gain but a 4x means down goes my sr.

0x is you touched a car but it was I think less than 25mph difference
1x is off track
2x a bit harder of a hit
4x you jammed them hard

You can go 2x>4x If you 2x a car then they slam a wall in the next like 3 seconds.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Well, they left us no choice. They made the mistake of putting me and Jackson Lewis in the back row of a massive trucks grid. We told them not to, we told them we couldn't be contained. They didn't listen, so we went to work.

Filmed from my truck since he takes the lead (in the 4 truck), here's how you handle everyone else turning into wee wittle babies on the start.

Not sure why Bandicam hurt the frame rate - tried adjusting frame rate from 30 to 60 to 120, changed recording method, changed recording quality, and nothing worked. And as with every video I post, you probably don't want to listen to this around people with sensitive ears.

Here's how the hell to drive a plate race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncFPbl6TiE