Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I'm not sure why the last thread got closed.

This game looks really good if you like 2d games, pixels, EVERQUEST, or hardcore games. You control your world so you basically get sliders to scale up the awesomeness of each of the mentioned catagories. My world is going to have EVERQUEST and hardcore gamers set to 11.

It comes with a shirt I think.

I need to know if Gildiss is creating a goon guild for this game, he seemed pretty excited. I'd be down for a discord or whatever but make sure you register the goon guild before Awful Citizen steals the name and we the excited goons become a splinter guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Really?

When the op said "no im being sarcastic dont get it" you couldn't figure out why it was closed.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Really?

When the op said "no im being sarcastic dont get it" you couldn't figure out why it was closed.

Are you reddit irl?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Whoah, when did they decide that they need a worse art direction?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Are you reddit irl?

fricken owned for teh win

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'm not sure why the last thread got closed.

This game looks really good if you like 2d games, pixels, EVERQUEST, or hardcore games. You control your world so you basically get sliders to scale up the awesomeness of each of the mentioned catagories. My world is going to have EVERQUEST and hardcore gamers set to 11.

It comes with a shirt I think.

I need to know if Gildiss is creating a goon guild for this game, he seemed pretty excited. I'd be down for a discord or whatever but make sure you register the goon guild before Awful Citizen steals the name and we the excited goons become a splinter guild.

Of course we need to get in on the ground floor to really dominate our own server that can host thousands of other players (with up to hundreds playing at one time.)
:snod:

This is my VARLOOSHI NECROMANCER

But there are THREE different kinds of ELVES and THREE different kinds of DWARVES!
But of course there are FOUR different kinds of HUMANS!

My HERO'S SONG (Server) will worship

:worship::worship::worship:

And be sure to invest in the level that at least provides the HOODIE.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

can i pay for the privilege of developing and alpha testing this game?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

fricken owned for teh win

:coffeepal:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
it's called hero's song but none of the heroes do any singing! what a rip!!!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
This is the only everquest song that I need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGGwzePa8k8

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

it's called hero's song but none of the heroes do any singing! what a rip!!!

Bard class

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is the only everquest song that I need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGGwzePa8k8

On a weird side note, this guy was my guild leader back in the day. Richardo of Northern Cross on the Tunare server. He's now a licensed medical doctor.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
As a small child, I loved that mans awesome terrible songs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im actually following the game but i closed the thread because i realized if the thread was open then people would actually back it

it doesn't deserve to be backed because its not a game yet

if in November they put out something thats kinda neat, then for $15 or 20 or whatever people should go hog wild

but like, its smedley. who the gently caress knows what this game will be or if it will actually be a game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/774230550705901569

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I'm super interested in this. Hadn't heard of it before but there have been several videos released the last couple days. I never back poo poo, but this looks pretty cool to me, so I'm hoping to give it a try come November. Curious what they have left to finish. Looks like their world creation stuff is done already.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/09/08/smed-heros-song-will-launch-early-access-with-15-classes/

Still haven't seen the inner workings of anything, so it could be a hot pile of garbage, but the world creation screen in the video makes me hopeful. Probably the first MMO I've had a twinge of excitement for since Rift or Starwars came out.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
too late i already setup the indiegogo to create a wiki for hero's song. please give me 1000 dollars

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

too late i already setup the indiegogo to create a wiki for hero's song. please give me 1000 dollars

sell it to CurseGaming once you make it for a tidy profit

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

it doesn't deserve to be backed because its not a game yet

90% threads in this subforum

(ok more like 20%)

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
90 seemed spot on

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just upped my pledge so I could get one of those t-shirts.

#ibelieveinjohnsmedley

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

how many vr products do you own

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

how many vr products do you own

Just the Vive devkit. Waiting for those 4K panels and foveated rendering before I buy in. Wasn't entirely happy with Gen1 hardware.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

90 seemed spot on

And for just :10bux: more you can get the HOODIE!

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Looks like the game got a good reception at PAX.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dustoph posted:

smedley gonna make mmos great again

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
sorry, not even I can defend this guy

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dustoph posted:

So did Everquest Next.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I won't be backing this because I already got burned on a few Kickstarters, but I honestly hope it actually ends up being a playable and good game because this looks a hell of a lot more interesting than the gimmick poo poo they were going for with EQN.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Scent of Worf posted:

I won't be backing this because I already got burned on a few Kickstarters, but I honestly hope it actually ends up being a playable and good game because this looks a hell of a lot more interesting than the gimmick poo poo they were going for with EQN.

Speaking of EQN, I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't had a EQNext successor on Kickstarter. Everyone got laid off at the same time if I'm remembering correctly.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kinda hard to have a successor of a game that never came out

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kinda hard to have a successor of a game that never came out

I see you missed my thread for the spiritual successor to CCP's World of Darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRwkk-n5fM

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
I would trade my wife for a modernized take on UO. The art style, gameplay, pvp, and housing speak to that and give me hope. Why do I do this to myself?

Edit: Livestream today confirmed old-school style stealing like UO and house looting. :shepspends:

Shodai fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 13, 2016

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Guys... the funds seem to have stalled out at 31% with 3 weeks remaining.

Smedley may be T...

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Do I have to twist this song on my lvl 69 bard?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gildiss posted:

Guys... the funds seem to have stalled out at 31% with 3 weeks remaining.

Smedley may be T...

this campaign is on indiegogo, they set it up so that they get the funds even if it doesnt fully fund

lol

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Eonwe posted:

this campaign is on indiegogo, they set it up so that they get the funds even if it doesnt fully fund

lol

haha, oh smedley you card

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I gotta admit. It takes something special to do a crowdfunded everquest game after landmark.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well, statistically one of these Ultima Online clones has to succeed eventually... maybe THIS one will be the one that isn't a massive steaming pile of poo poo that nobody ever plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Well, statistically one of these Ultima Online clones has to succeed eventually... maybe THIS one will be the one that isn't a massive steaming pile of poo poo that nobody ever plays.

John Smedley

• Locked thread