Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

it's called hero's song but none of the heroes do any singing! what a rip!!!

Bard class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just upped my pledge so I could get one of those t-shirts.

#ibelieveinjohnsmedley

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

how many vr products do you own

Just the Vive devkit. Waiting for those 4K panels and foveated rendering before I buy in. Wasn't entirely happy with Gen1 hardware.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Scent of Worf posted:

I won't be backing this because I already got burned on a few Kickstarters, but I honestly hope it actually ends up being a playable and good game because this looks a hell of a lot more interesting than the gimmick poo poo they were going for with EQN.

Speaking of EQN, I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't had a EQNext successor on Kickstarter. Everyone got laid off at the same time if I'm remembering correctly.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

kinda hard to have a successor of a game that never came out

I see you missed my thread for the spiritual successor to CCP's World of Darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRwkk-n5fM

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just as a reminder, 5 hours left on indiegogo, $15 for late October access.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hero-s-song-game-rpg/x/11565143#/

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 8, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
One day one of these games is gonna come out, it's going to be great and you'll be wishing you clicked on my indiegogo link. You may get the game (for double the price) but I'll always have the exclusive Kickstarter emblem next to my name. We'll see who is laughing then :dukedog:

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 8, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

I think I remember 1000 years ago reading in magazine previews of something similar to that. That the world had an ecosystem the players could affect and upset the balance of. It was probably No Man's Sky level of hype.

Peter Molyneux's B.C.? Basically a prehistoric survival game with dinosaurs that was supposed to come out back in 2002 on the original Xbox.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Five day delay. Launches October 31st.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 27, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dustoph posted:

Where's the info on this? Their website hasn't been updated since Sept. 9th.

I got it from indiegogo email since I backed it. It might be on the site.

Yep it's all here
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hero-s-song-game-rpg#/updates

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
keys are going out soon

Anyone else put $15 into this?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Been playing around with it for about 2-3 hours now and I am really impressed with the procedural generation. Usually I hate procedural generation but there's enough variety here and control for it not to be annoying. Depending on the gods you select, it increases and decreases things in the world so it can change the prominence of the various races, how much of the world is settled, how civilized it is, how the climate of your world is, whether it's rather peaceful or a state of eternal war. The landmasses look and feel great and I love how it generates 10,000 years of history and lore. Combat is fun, haven't messed around with much else but there's a lot of classes. Menus are broken, back buttons don't work, but when you're playing the game, you're having a good time and that's what's important.

Also I thought that the art style was horrendous in the video but I don't mind it in game. Either I'm not noticing it because it's more tolerable in action or they changed it. $15 well spent.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Hope they pull through, figure their $2 million investment was dependent on sales figures and it didn't do well. I've been revisiting it every update and it's pretty enjoyable as a randomly generated exploration game. Just wish they went with a different aesthetic because that certainly didn't help.

They need to do a full on Everquest Next successor using Storybricks and some of the concepts they had from the planned Star Wars Galaxies "sandbox 2.0" update before someone told them to do the NGE. Maybe even do the Hero's Song thing where people host their own shards.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
:(

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Xolve posted:

Aren't you that same person that thinks Chronicles of Elyria is going to be a thing?

Not only am I the guy that thinks Chronicles of Elyria is going to be a thing, I'm the guy who spent :20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::10bux:+$5 on it :retrogames:

That reminds me, anyone want to cash out on their LTI Star Citizen ships?

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 27, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

clone on the phone posted:

The only interesting part of all this is speculating where Smed will wash up next.

I could see him consulting on Ashes of Creation (UE4 sandbox made by EQNext developers)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just got this email

quote:

Another quick update - We will start contacting you early next week and begin getting the refunds processed then. This week is getting things organized to begin that work and honestly with the holidays we have some people out with their families. I hope you can understand that part. We assure you 100% of your money will get back to you promptly.

Basically you'll have two choices - either a check, or a paypal refund.

One more final note - I've seen a lot of emails saying "keep my money.. thank you for your hard work". You have no idea how good that makes us feel, but we actually feel the opposite. PLEASE TAKE YOUR MONEY BACK. We took your money in good faith and it is with that same good faith that we want to give it back to you. We believe in crowdfunding and I want us to be one of the happier stories in terms of treating customers right. I hope to run into you at E3 or in a bar or wherever and shake your hands to thank you so much. I'd feel better knowing you have that money back. If you want to invest in another project, check out Project
Resurgence from CohhCarnage's studio. That's more than worthy of your consideration.

Crowdfunding gets a bad name sometimes for not delivering. By taking your money back we're all setting an example for how every crowdfunding project should conduct itself if something goes wrong. We weren't perfect, but there was never a scenario where we would even consider not doing right by you when it comes to your money.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
Smed

I think this redeems the man entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
See you guys in Smedley's new game that he's making for Amazon New World, thread coming soon

• Locked thread