Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Oh man my ear pods died, I have to charge them in the ear pod case, but the ear pod case is dead so I have to charge that first. But the charging ports are being taken up by my cigarette and my book.

The future is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

texasmed posted:

the potential for a direct lightning port to headphone allows for a purely digital connection which would increase the quality. headphone jacks are for analog scrubs.

"Ahh yes, finally my music sounds logical" *has aspergers, doesn't understand how speakers work*

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

RedMage129 posted:

The justification is "you will purchase adaptors when you are told because you cannot stop yourself and we know it. Giveth unto us and we will allow you to consume as it is written so shall it be."

Calling it now - next to go will be the volume buttons. Who needs physical buttons when you can use the on screen display? Say goodbye to the power button and silent switch too, they don't fit with the seamless aesthetic Apple is aiming for. Pundits will trip over each other to be first to remind you the uproar when Apple released a phone without a physical keyboard.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Ok for everyone bitching about how you can't charge and listen to music at the same time, how often are you at 3% battery and say "drat I sure wish I could listen to music right now while charging my phone?" Be honest. I think this is a BS complaint.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

If you listen to music for 8 straight hours your phone might go down 20%, 30% if you have a super old phone. 50-80 hours of audio for the 6 series.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Flesh Forge posted:

the DnD lich king of keyboards

:barf: I'll never understand why goons would rather use a nasty, gunky mechanical keyboard than slick, Star Trek inspired hardware. I guess the grooves catch your dropped cheetos you're shoveling into your face?

vs

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

iOS 10 is pretty lame - I just learned that I use the slide + PIN a lot more often than I realize depending how I hold the phone depending if I pull out of my pocket, if I'm walking, if it's on my desk dock, some of these things are awkward to thumb the home button.

Not sure why they separated music playback out of the swipe up control panel...

3D touch is still useless

Something's fucky with my email

Messages wastes a lot of space now, the bar on top that shows the contact picture (or a gray circle if you haven't assigned a contact picture, which for me is most people) needs to shrink again and they put MORE whitespace between message bubbles.

Scrolling in safari was tweaked ever so slightly...

The bedtime app is pretty cool though if you're eight years old and can't figure out when you should go to bed

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

You know what else is an old design? Four wheels on a car have been around 100 years, three is much more economical. Also the port on the side where you put gas in? Why hasn't that been re-invented? Any old rear end in a top hat can design a nozzle that will fit, maybe Ford should rethink that and make their 2017s with a star shaped port "for increased surface area for which gas to stick on, reducing fumes." And just LOL at anyone who grabs a giant circle like they had on the Mayflower to turn - give me a sleek 21st century joystick. And loving LOL at anyone who needs to mash something into the floor with their foot to slow down like the Flintstones - these can be replaced with buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

zen death robot posted:

The Moto Z also has no headphone jack

Anecdotal but I've literally never seen anyone with a Moto Z

• Locked thread