Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

plain blue jacket posted:

I'm predicting Apple is going to make a fortune regardless of goony sperging

The important thing is you're on the winning side of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This won't hurt them in the short run but I hope it hurts them in the long run.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gaunab posted:

no one complained when samsung got rid of removable batteries for the galaxy 7. at least i don't think anyone did

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, I have to save up for a Nexus because gently caress that noise.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Yeah but if you drop it within a year it's covered and you can buy the 3 year care plan

i think they just favor aesthetics over usability

look at all their terrible mouse designs over the years

"Bar of soap in plastic" remains my favorite. because who the gently caress thinks that even looks good?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

memories of middle school right there

I think late-90s/early-00s middle schools bought macs specifically because they didn't have much software so you didn't have to worry about kids installing weird poo poo

Plus they were candy-colored, easy to plug in, and really fit the "kids learning their first computer" motif that educators love to use as evidence of "moving forward."

• Locked thread