Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

can't think of the last time I used the headphone jack on my phone. Everything is BT-out.

also : the mangling of your username by the forum software is the only reason I'm quoting your post

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought one of these ages ago

its nice b/c I can use whatever set of headphones I want adn never have cords running to the phone.

soon after I got it the shirt clip failed, which was a blessing in disguise

I now hang it on a lanyard around my neck, right at about heart level, inside my shirt, outside my t-shirt

earbids are plugged in and run under my left shoulder up my back, out the back of my collar and dangle on my chest - just long enough that I can tuck them into a shirt pocket when not in use

they go for ~10 hours on a charge, easy

real good BT range, too. I can be out doing yardwork or washing the car etc. for hours without worrying about damaging my phone - mostly because its sitting safely out of harm's reach 20+ yards away

the only thing I don't like about them is the volume control. its touch sensitive, and has a tendency to go to full or min volume if it comes into contact with a sweaty shirt. Some sort of volume lock would be gold.

in short : lol @ Apple for coming up with a $170 solution to a $40 problem

e : aaaaaa fucktypos

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 8, 2016

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LGD posted:

feeling better all the time about my decision to just get an SE to replace my 5 and I'm honestly expecting my next phone to be an android

yes

ive been replacing the shity bottom-barrel iphone 4s (not 4S!) that we issued to employees with 16GB SEs as quickly as I can

they are quite nice.

loquacius posted:

I would just like to point out to everyone that tons of phone accessories use the headphone jack (like those credit-card readers food trucks use for a prominent example) but now if you want your accessory to plug into an iPhone you absolutely need to use their proprietary Lightning connector

for which you will pay Apple extra to license their patent

but it's the only way to plug anything into the iPhone now

wheels within wheels man, follow the money

very astute :prepop:

so - what's to stop Square etc. from coming up with a bluetooth card reader?
(let's handwave away the security issues for the moment,just spitballin here)

buttcrackmenace fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 8, 2016

• Locked thread