Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It would have been OK to get rid of the jack if they had made the phone compatible with Qi. But that would be using a standard they didn't make so that won't happen.

Jesus Christ why doesn't a 700$ phone have the capability to wirelessly charge? Oh that's right; because Apple lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

loquacius posted:

:lol:

the most Apple thing

I'm guessing this means they of course all voted for Herman Cain's simple and effective 9-9-9 tax plan

You can't raise business tax's! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

a happy snowman posted:

Where were you fucks four months ago

Moto Z doesn't have a headphone jack
http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-z-doesnt-have-headphone-jack

Just lol at comparing Motorola to Apple.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Just lol if you own a 650$ premium "most advanced smartphone in the world" and it doesn't even include wireless charging.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Germstore posted:

wireless charging is dead because it adds .2 mm of z-depth. true story.

drat you copper coils! :argh:

Don't worry, when Apple finally makes a iPhone with wireless charging it will be a proprietary format that charges .5% faster and Apple will call it revolutionary.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I've literally never in my life held a phone and said "wow this is way too thick, I sure wish they shaved off ports, wireless charging, and battery life to make it thinner" but here we are.

The last phone that they really knocked it out of the park with battery life was the RAZR MAXX HD with its ~4000mah battery and that was 5 loving years ago lol. I used to get 3 days of battery on that poo poo.

Yeah, I want a company to go "You know what? gently caress making it slimmer, we made it 1mm thicker and gave you a crazy amount of battery life."

I had to put a case on my Note5 because it was too thin.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Indy posted:

We were at a local restaurant to watch a game of soccer.
When it was time for the game we noticed that they intended to stream the match with a macbook over wifi...

After severe buffering issues the crowd was pretty angry and started shouting about connecting a loving network cable instead.

The poor owner just stood there searching for the port only to realise that there wasnt any, lol.

We left the place without paying for the food and went to a sportsbar instead.

I had a 2015 Macbook pro for a job and it was poo poo. Sure it was fast, but as soon as you hooked up a external monitor and had a VM running the entire OS bogged down and started rendering things at 15fps. Even with a discreet GPU.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

revmoo posted:

What.

I've been using a 2013 MBP for the last several years for development work and I have no idea what you're talking about unless Apple somehow totally gimped their newer models in a way I don't know about.

IDK man, the entire thing got super loving hot when a VM was going as well.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah that's not normal. I use a 2015 MBP for work and I have at least 3 VMs running at any given time and it's pretty rare the fans are ever even audible, nevermind it getting warm.

Sure, if you aren't compiling code or doing anything mildly CPU intensive.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah what kind of crazy and impossible situation would you have to find yourself in to want to use headphones AND charge your phone at the same time? Besides of course when you're using GPS in your car and headphones on a call because cars are noisy and you want to be able to use both hands to drive, and you need the phone on a charger because GPS + phone calls use more battery power than Hillary Clinton's metal vibrator that fell out of her big wet pussy onto the street.

Or literally any situation where you want to use that fancy screen while also having a conversation you want to hear better or don't want the rest of the world to hear.

Holy gently caress pull over you idiot. Don't use headphones while driving you moron.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Apple users are the people who see the toilet paper hanging under instead of over and say "this is fine."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

psyman posted:

Whenever iOS versus Android comes up, I'm reminded that it was a pile of junk until Google finally added SD card app storage in mid-2010, a full 3 years after the iPhone was launched with 8gb internal storage, compared to only 512mb on most Androids at the time.

LOL never forget people getting upset about "huge" 20mb apps: http://android-developers.blogspot.com.au/2010/07/apps-on-sd-card-details.html?m=1

As a embedded engineer: gently caress SD cards forever.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

NihilismNow posted:

As not a embedded engineer: why do you hate SD cards?

Users are dumb and will rip them out while a program is accessing them, then bitch about corrupt data.

Users are dumb and will buy the cheapest slowest pile of dumpster fire garbage Chinese made no name brand card and bitch that their device is slow.

SD card slots are expensive.

I am forgetting some other things as well.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

Ah you seem to have things mixed up: you don't hate SD cards, you hate people.

Well yeah, but sometimes you need to take away dumb peoples ability to do dumb things.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Do you hate deaf people driving too

Also lol you must not have a job that requires you to drive a gently caress ton while also telling people what to do

I don't hate deaf people because their other senses are heightened to compensate for the lack of hearing.

You on the other hand aren't, so stop driving, using the phone, and blocking out sound and pull the gently caress over you idiot.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

you really overestimate the power of earbuds if you think they're blocking out sound lol

you must also hate people who drive with the radio on too since its a distraction

my eyes stay on the road, stop being a baby or go lobby for self-driving cars already because people shouldn't drive anyways

If your radio is too loud yes.

This is funny, because I was accused of being a maniac driver for going with the flow of traffic in another thread.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They got rid of the physical button and instead put a gigantic vibrating motor were the headphone jack was to make it imitate the feel of a physical button that doesn't work with gloves.

The worlds most advanced smartphone.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

zen death robot posted:

All phones are garbage, some don't have standard headphone jacks and some explode you gotta pick your poison

And by non standard you mean not at all; correct ?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

How much room does a physical button take vs. that taptic engine thingy

They removed a headphone jack to make room for a worse implementation of the home button.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm saddened that WebOS never made it. It truly was the best mobile OS.

The second though is Windows Phone. Microsoft is just stupid and bad with making a flagship phone every year.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

When people look wistfully back at Windows phone, were they talking about WP7?

7 was amazing, 8.1 was awesome as well. 10 was actually a gigantic shift from ce to full windows, but that process was incredibly painful and stagnated the platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Worlds most advanced hissing.

• Locked thread