Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

canpakes posted:

this type of Jack was invented for telephone switchboards in the 1800s. Looking at a modern iPhone the 1/8" audio jack stands out as hugely incongruous and full of fail. Getting rid of it is 100% the right thing to do and now is the time to do it. fail phones (aka all non-iPhone "smartphones" ) will follow within 2 years at the very latest. LOL if you actually deny any of this. THE IPAD IS FAIL ITS JUST A BIG IPHONE DURRRERR -you guys in 2008 probably.

JonathonSpectre posted:

OH MY GOD WHY IS APPLE MAKING US BUY A NEW CHARGER THAT IS INFINITELY SUPERIOR TO THE OLD CHARGER I ALREADY HAVE THE OLD CHARGER THIS IS INSANE

OH MY GOD I CAN'T USE MY OLD HEADPHONES WITH MY NEW IPHONE I MEAN I ALREADY HAVE AN IPHONE THAT I CAN USE MY OLD HEADPHONES WITH BUT SINCE I JUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BUY THE NEW ONE APPLE IS MAKING ME BUY IT THIS IS INSANE

For gently caress's sake. Hold on to your God-damned 6 if you're so worried about this completely unimportant, innocuous poo poo that doesn't matter one loving whit to anyone, anywhere, for any reason. Oh no I have to spend $17 on some bluetooth headphones and I can't charge while listening, art is dead. Get a hobby or something.

who is the bigger edgelord?

vote now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you are the first guy in this thread to say that, good job man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Imo the Nexus 4 was the coolest phone ever, but I dropped mine and of course it broke because it was made of glass

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I had a Windows phone beater for a few weeks and the UI is not good

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Also the way the back button works is weird and illogical

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like the coax plug with the little twisty spring lock thing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smythe posted:

did u guys see these pics they were in the yospos thread hehe:

hmm yes this is fine lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Motorola phones have sd card slots

I like my moto g

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The USB port will die or it will just stop turning on within like three years.

It was only eighteen months before the USB on my Nexus 5 needed to be replaced. A few months after that, the power button got finicky, and soon after the phone restarted a few times and never powered back on. The same thing happened to my S2.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you don't just use your computer from the couch

looks like some of you are living in the past... CONTEMPORIZE, man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah, I'll allow it

can we talk about how loving awesome the steam controller is? now that's loving courage

revolutionary

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got a cheapo ASUS laptop, and what little bloatware it had was easy to get rid of. Props ASUS

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

The removal of a tree'd start menu app shortcut structure and replacement with a flat list just aggravates me all to hell. The hiding scrollbar thing, it was on by default and was so obscure to find and disable that I don't remember now where it was but thank gently caress it's off because holy poo poo that was irritating (no mousewheel)

If my mouse wheel stopped working, I would immediately go buy a new mouse. Why do you not have one?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

opus111 posted:

maybe he doesn't want one?

don't be stupid

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

It's one of the to 10 most valuable companies in the world, a HUGE number of people use Apple products across all ages, social strata, education levels, technical savviness, etcetera. There is no such thing as an 'Apple Fan' because you can find anyone in their user base.

You are really an idiot child that needs to make up wild stories about people that don't exist to massage your tenderhole, that's great, a literally tiny difference in a computer product is enough to make such wild value judgments, etcetera.

Do yourself a favor and read up on 'the narcissism of small differences' and grok what it means while you can, because if you really still believed all this poo poo after, say, age 28 when your brain actually fully forms, then that would be incredibly sad.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ThaGrandCow posted:

It's almost as if you didn't go for a gimmick plan and actually just bought a phone and sold it at whichever interval you needed a new phone on craigslist or swappa (1/2/3 years), you might come out ahead.

If you want a new iPhone every year, either go the easy route and do the iPhone upgrade program through Apple itself, or deal with a contract with your cell phone company, OR JUST loving BUY ONE WITHOUT HAVING A COMPANY TAKE ON THE COST AND PROFIT. Yes, when I bought my last phone, it cost as much as a computer... good news everyone: I can sell it for that cost minus about $200. That's actually less every year than I'd pay under an upgrade program because I don't have a middleman subsidizing me and demanding a profit. Why do you idiots think you can get a flagship phone, either Android or Apple, and pay $100 or $200? You're taking credit out and the company that gives credit is going to want profit. That means that you personally pay more than the actual cost of the phone.

XMNN posted:

i had some sort of samsung galaxy for like 4 or 5 years it did the textng and foruming and phoning i needed and it was really resilient like I threw it on the floor a bunch of times and it would break open and the battery would come out but it would be fine, like one of those nokia phones but with worse battery life and the internet

now i got a htc its got a big screen and can do more stuff which is nice but Im not sure im any happier in my day to day life bec
ause of it

basically slavishly buying new consumer electronics every year is for nerds and people who hate the planet (ie not me)

there is no :jerkbag: big enough

• Locked thread