Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Haverchuck posted:

if your phone isnt like 5 years old and cracked youre not poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
in the keynote they listed 10 features of the new iphone and it was all poo poo that it already has except one feature which actually removes an existing feature (the headphone jack). lol apple.

still better than android tho :smug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ill put my iphone SE up against the best android phone. what is the bset android phone?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
iPhone 7: lol, poors

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

etalian posted:

lmao I thought all the speculation articles were dumb for claiming Apple was planning to remove the standard headphone jack.

i figured it was probably true. it's a totally apple move.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i fuckin love apple. by merely existing they troll millions of times harder than i ever could. my hats off to em

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol'ing at the guy who loves SD cards so much in tyool 2016. hey bud,
2005 callin it wants its sandisk back. He thinks he left some really good eminem mp3s on there.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive never run out of storage on any of my phones ever :shrug: especially now that everything is streaming what the hell do you need to use so much physical storage for unless you use tons of gay apps

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's too easy to get these turbo nerd losers frothing at the mouth over iphones god i live for this

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that's what i just said

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seconding anker. their charging stuff is great and lasts longer/works just as good as the apple ones

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

jigglemaster7 posted:

I dont get why everybody complains about this, the shits just kind of bent it doesnt affect the performance whatsoever

once they develop that problem eventually it will stop making a connection properly and youll have to start wiggling the connector around in the socket praying it makes contact

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i wouldnt be caught dead slangin green bubbles i bleed blue

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sounds like someone who doesn't use iMessage or a similar service. thathonkey, I mean. Not explaining the images

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

agreed but can they not make lightning port versions or are they truly doomed by the change

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Is that what it costs to make lightning accessories?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i used to stash an emergency bump of coke in the headphone jack. android here i come !!!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Post-Jobs Apple:

i came

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if an apple design appears to be bad it is actually just misunderstood and you dont yet know that it is what you want :smuggo:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Apple keyboards are not a pleasant typing experience and i hate their weird flat mouse too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if i am going to use an external keyboard that means i have a desk and would like the convenience afforded by the numpad

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont think ive ever felt the desire to have a wireless mouse or keyboard

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

radiatinglines posted:

lol if you don't just use your computer from the couch

looks like some of you are living in the past... CONTEMPORIZE, man

i have a laptop so i do do that dont underestimate my laziness please

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
jack is wack, yo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
apple macbook pros are still pretty nice although now theyve removed the ethernet port which is really annoying and i dont much care for retina on something i dont hold up to my face

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
apple loves to remove extremely useful and common jacks they really are cunts about that

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

I had a 2015 Macbook pro for a job and it was poo poo. Sure it was fast, but as soon as you hooked up a external monitor and had a VM running the entire OS bogged down and started rendering things at 15fps. Even with a discreet GPU.

what the gently caress are you talking about I run VMs all the time on my mid-2014 retina Macbooks with 0 issues :confused: with docker now I just about always have some kind of VM running even if it isnt a heavy one but I could have a VMWare Win 10 VM running and it would perform great as would the rest of the native OS X processes. you done hosed something up son

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im pretty sure one time my dog fell asleep on my macbook charger (the square brick part) and it burned his stomach and i had to treat the wound for like 2 weeks until it healed. think i could sue apple? those things do get really hot like if i have the charger out on the bed and i accidentally rest my skin (even through clothes) against that thing it is really uncomfortable

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
when i put my macbook on a desk i always use the speaker jack to hook up my stereo so music doesnt sound like absolute gar-bage

sounds like theyre getting ready to nix it... fuckheads

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Nonsense, you just need the Apple™ DAC with analog output, now available at your local retailer for $399.99

maybe in a way they are actually doing me a favor and my music will sound $399.99 better for it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mozi posted:

the apple car was cancelled because they couldn't figure out wireless refueling

they were mad that they couldnt remove the wheels

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i like my iphone se because it has no camera bump but i am starting to miss the bigger screen of my prev iphone 6 so i might get a 7. i rarely use the headphone jack on my phone since i have bluetooth in my car

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
exchange works perfectly on my iphone with mail and calendar never had any issues in over 6 years of using it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

More space for other things but they didn't add anything

they allegedly used the space to fit the new camera processor and taptic unit whatever the ufck that means

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
instead they should just thicken the phone so there is no camera hump and use all that extra surface area to add the audio jack back and make a thicker battery

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the iphone 6 already feels kinda fragile (and is IME compared to the 5/5S/SE style) because it's too thin. makes it harder to hold also. or maybe that is just the weird slippery edges that they made or some reason. there's yet another way they could eek out more space: don't round the corners so much.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah but if you drop it within a year it's covered and you can buy the 3 year care plan

i think they just favor aesthetics over usability

look at all their terrible mouse designs over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I personally like "rat fece encased in a plastic shell"

• Locked thread