Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Moridin920 posted:

what in the gently caress are they thinking?

money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

InterFaced posted:

Smartphones are garbage for idiot pigfuckers
-posted from my iPhone

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

loquacius posted:

I would just like to point out to everyone that tons of phone accessories use the headphone jack (like those credit-card readers food trucks use for a prominent example) but now if you want your accessory to plug into an iPhone you absolutely need to use their proprietary Lightning connector

for which you will pay Apple extra to license their patent

but it's the only way to plug anything into the iPhone now

wheels within wheels man, follow the money

Oh poo poo that's right.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
It wouldn't be so bad if they just went with USB-C like Android and their own products like MacBook.
At least then companies could make two kinds of wired headphones and adapters, USB-C or traditional 3.5mm. now they have to make 3 and guess what? There will be twice as many Lighting poo poo.

Bluetooth audio is pretty good these days, fine for casual listening at the office, etc. Bluetooth 4.0 and protocols like aptx make a difference But both devices have to support it.

:shrug:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
courage.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
ive literally never had a single issue ever in my life with windows update.
works on my machine.
pebkac.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

MiracleWhale posted:

good thing i can't fit between my keyboard and my chair anymore thanks to unlimited pasta days at olive garden :smuggo:

I hear that my man!
:reject::respek::reject:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
The surface book is nice. the new dell XPS and razer's blade look pretty rad too.
lol at poors who buy a $200 walmart laptop and cry when the 20gb of walmart.exe bloatware on it cause it to over heat then they pay me like $150 to spend an hour to replace the fan and run malwarebytes.
just lol

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
I do like that it finally pushed PC manufacturers to build laptops out of materials that don't crack from a one inch drop in a backpack or from a slightly heavy book on top.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
The old clicking MacBook touchpad where the whole thing was a glass button wasn't too bad to be honest. I used a MacBook pro for like a week at work for whatever reason in 2011-12ish and I liked how smooth and big it was compared to PC touchpads of the time.

But now it doesn't move or click at all and has something called magic tickle or whatever that vibrates like a touch keyboard and that's super lame.

So now all laptop touchpads suck rear end and I have a MX anywhere 2 I got off eBay for $30 that lets me switch between 3 devices via Bluetooth or dongle. So whatever.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

a bone to pick posted:

No but it was rumored they were making a touch-screen keyboard which is an even worse idea.

it's courageous.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

zen death robot posted:

I'm running Windows 10. No problems here
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013